Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] How do you create a server with Mann vs Machine?

Post New Thread Reply   

jackliu92
Old 08-16-2012 , 19:33   [TF2] How do you create a server with Mann vs Machine?
Reply With Quote #1

I visited TF2 offical wiki nothing found on dedicated server, mann vs machine update...
Search with google, nothing found but news about this new mode.
Old 08-16-2012 , 20:06   Re: [TF2] How do you create a server with Mann vs Machine?
Reply With Quote #2

what? its basically the same as a regular server - has to be 32 player and you just start in that mode but don't put other maps or modes into the rotations. This mode uses up more CPU so be sure it can sustain it.
jackliu92
Old 08-16-2012 , 20:16   Re: [TF2] How do you create a server with Mann vs Machine?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
what? its basically the same as a regular server - has to be 32 player and you just start in that mode but don't put other maps or modes into the rotations. This mode uses up more CPU so be sure it can sustain it.
Ummm, so do i just start the server like:
Code:

./srcds_run -game tf +maxplayers 32 -port 27015 -replay -autoupdate -timeout 10
Old 08-16-2012 , 20:55   Re: [TF2] How do you create a server with Mann vs Machine?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu92 View Post
Ummm, so do i just start the server like:
Code:

./srcds_run -game tf +maxplayers 32 -port 27015 -replay -autoupdate -timeout 10
if that's how you normally start your server then ya...I don't know how you normally start it. If you've never run a server before you really should go back to google and the wiki cause you will get more info there.
jackliu92
Old 08-16-2012 , 21:09   Re: [TF2] How do you create a server with Mann vs Machine?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
if that's how you normally start your server then ya...I don't know how you normally start it. If you've never run a server before you really should go back to google and the wiki cause you will get more info there.
Yea thats how I usually start a server,but without +map...I thought it added something like -gametype 1 to that to make a server into Mann VS Machine...
Old 08-16-2012 , 23:06   Re: [TF2] How do you create a server with Mann vs Machine?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu92 View Post
Yea thats how I usually start a server,but without +map...I thought it added something like -gametype 1 to that to make a server into Mann VS Machine...
no don't even include +map just add the map to say autoexec.cfg file instead if you want

the gametype won't matter just launch it into one of the 3 maps/modes for mvm with 32 player and it will do the rest.
jackliu92
Old 08-17-2012 , 00:55   Re: [TF2] How do you create a server with Mann vs Machine?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
no don't even include +map just add the map to say autoexec.cfg file instead if you want

the gametype won't matter just launch it into one of the 3 maps/modes for mvm with 32 player and it will do the rest.
I get it now, cuz i have been doing hosting stuff with CS:GO and it requires to specify game type at start up, thats why. Thank you!