Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

madcap
Old 04-25-2009 , 19:00   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #131

The error log is in the logs folder, there won't be an error log if there were no errors.

Is it just you that can't vote or is everyone on your server experiencing it?
Amor55
Old 04-25-2009 , 19:32   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #132

Thank you for the speedy response, when I call a vote it works fine, It's just when someone else on my server tries to. It notifies everyone that I call the vote and not the person actually calling it. And it doesnt restrict the players on my server when I have access set to "z"
mjb2
Old 04-25-2009 , 20:10   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #133

If I looked inside the log folder I probably would have saved some time, turns out my SM was out of date =)
It looks like you've added everything I wanted in your already amazing plugin, but for the l4d_vote_notify_access cvar, what can I put in there? I want it so only admins can see vote notices, but all it says is if I leave it blank then everyone sees it.
madcap
Old 04-25-2009 , 20:44   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #134

Use it the same way you use all the other access cvars. For example your master admins are 'z' and maybe you have friends that you have given 'a' acces too. If you want both to see the notificaitons set it to "za".
84chevy
Old 04-25-2009 , 21:52   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #135

i am having trouble with the plugin, i have set the cvars in the cfg file this plugin created when i installed it and restarted server. i put the acess to vote_notify to "z" level but everyone can still see it. haven't tried the rest out yet, but here is the error log. also how do i find out which snapshot i have installed (yes i am very new to this its my first server and i am far from computer competent)
Attached Files
File Type: log errors_20090426.log (2.7 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by 84chevy; 04-25-2009 at 21:56.
AcidTester
Old 04-26-2009 , 08:27   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #136

I see that survival mode u put in other "chapter" of other gamemodes.
It seems that l4d_vote_surv_access cvar in response for all vote types in survival mode, but i need lock return to lobby only, not changechapter, and other possible votes there. Im a bit lazy now, dont want to edit myself.
--------------------------------------
Anyway i removed strings 215 and 216 leaving just strcmp(voteName,"ReturnToLobby",false) == 0
and put in cfg l4d_vote_surv_access "z"
Since i believe that this is nonsense to lock players on lighthouse map only. Same for leaving ppl without restartgame vote while in survival mode is ridiculous.
Other features seems work fine, i need more gameplay tests.

Last edited by AcidTester; 04-26-2009 at 09:07.
Send a message via ICQ to AcidTester
madcap
Old 04-26-2009 , 11:30   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #137

84chevy - Thanks for the log. I'll get this fixed up and we'll see if you're still having problems after that.

AcidTester - I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying. The survival access cvar controls change map, return to lobby and restart when the server is in survival mode.
OtterNas3
Old 04-26-2009 , 12:12   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #138

I think he look for same thing like me...

Your Survival Access cvar controls, like you said already, access to all of these 3 Vote Types !SAME TIME!

1. Change Map (Chapter)
2. Return to Lobby
3. Restart in Survival Mode

What Acid and me wants, split the cvar, to be able to restrict acces to all 3 separately with 3 cvars.

Example:
1. Vote Lobby - only for Admins
2. Vote Map/Chapter - For all players
3. Vote Restart - only for Admins

That would be awesome ^^

BTW: Really great plugin use it long time now!

Moo
OtterNas3
mjb2
Old 04-26-2009 , 20:46   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #139

I'm having some issues with the custom_vote command, I looked through the older posts but didn't see anything about it..

After I set l4d_vote_notify_access ( I had mine set to z), custom_vote would crash. No one would be able to vote on the question I entered, an no other votes would run.
I just tried leaving l4d_vote_notify_access blank and now everything works the way it should. I tried reinstalling everything but the same result still happens.

If it helps I'm adding the error log for when l4d_vote_notify_access is set to z.
Attached Files
File Type: log errors_20090426.log (1.6 KB, 125 views)
madcap
Old 04-27-2009 , 10:26   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #140

Just updated the front page. This version should hopefully fix all outstanding issues and not introduce too many new ones.

Survival access has been broken out into multiple cvars:
l4d_vote_surv_lobby_access
l4d_vote_surv_map_access
l4d_vote_surv_restart_access

Errors regarding notify have been fixed and notify should now be working correctly. Remember that the person who actually calls the vote always sees the notification regardless of access so they can know why their vote didn't start.

Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming.