Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

D-FENS - Patch for upload/download server file exploit. (Updated 05-10-2010)

Post New Thread Reply   

Solor
Old 11-18-2009 , 19:45   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #21

Thanks for the clarification on the .dat files. I assumed that's what it was, but wanted to double check.

On a side note.. Seem's odd that it's giving issues for people using any versions of MM:Source below v1.8

I'm using v1.7.1 and works fine o.0 (didn't notice this till now)

19:43:29 Listing 5 plugins:
[01] SourceMod (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
[02] TF2 Tools (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
[03] BinTools (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
[04] SDK Tools (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
[05] D-FENS (1.0.0.0) by Spencer 'voogru' MacDonald

19:436 meta version
19:436 Metamod:Source version 1.7.1
Build ID: 644:f526469efdeb
Loaded As: Valve Server Plugin
Compiled on: Feb 25 2009
Plugin interface version: 14:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2009 , 19:58   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #22

I would try 1.7.1 as the sourcehook version is newer since in 1.8 I think they backported it?

Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 11-18-2009 , 23:55   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #23

Doesn't work for me with any version I keep getting the same error.
Old 11-19-2009 , 00:37   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
This plug-in patches a security vulnerability that's recently been used against a fleet of servers. It appears someone is downloading server cfg files in an effort to obtain the rcon_password
Does the sv_uploads 0 solve a problem?
Old 11-19-2009 , 01:35   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #25

sv_allowdownload you mean.

NoS
Old 11-19-2009 , 02:14   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
sv_allowdownload you mean.
Yeah and that will disable downloading any sounds or maps you may have on the server.

I hope a CS:S windows binary will be out soon.
Wolfman
Old 11-19-2009 , 02:59   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #27

yer is there any plans on a CSS windows version of this coz it has a big problem with that atm coz ive gotten hack though the CSS engine by a hacker
eee
Old 11-20-2009 , 14:19   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #28

So am I the only one wondering what this "malicious crash" is and how it works? I mean, if you've just released something to give every abusive admin a way to permanently tank their game until they reinstall it, it's like goldsource all over again isn't it?
Old 11-21-2009 , 17:31   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eee View Post
So am I the only one wondering what this "malicious crash" is and how it works? I mean, if you've just released something to give every abusive admin a way to permanently tank their game until they reinstall it, it's like goldsource all over again isn't it?
Admins can't exactly force a player to run an exploit on their server to crash them.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2009 , 21:37   Re: D-FENS - Emergency patch against downloading server files.
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eee View Post
It will not cause any permanent harm.