Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Bodyshot Punishment

Post New Thread Reply   

physonic
Old 10-06-2009 , 07:01   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #11

Hmm my thoughts about this is that even though you put effort and time into this plugin, and it seems to work - i hope it is not implemented on many public servers. I personally think it changes the gameplay, and in an unfair way. Why are snipers punished for not doing a specific thing, as headshots - this really limits the way you are free to play your class. For me , it is similar as to limiting the spy to destroying 1 structure each round / killing one attacker - or saying that the engineer should build everything in a certain place and time.. etc..
In my opinion, leave players to a fair fight, and do what they want.. and it is okay for someone to play a class that they are not experts in.
If someone is really messing up the gameplay by their playing style either:

1. Ask / tell them why its annoying, and what would help more.
2. Have administrators remove them if they are doing it on purpose.
3. Suck it up, people can play as they want.
Just my opninion
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2010 , 22:40   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #12

@physonic this plugin helps to curb an issue on crit servers... the sniper rifle ends up very OP admins use this plugin to keep snipers working for head shots... they are not punnished until the threshold so it can be tweaked to allow for accidents... i dont think you will see it in any competitions any time soon...
Old 02-18-2010 , 08:33   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #13

We have an orange_x3 server and a lot of players including me are irritated by snipers in general. It's a very open map and nothing can be more frustrating then being bodyshotted all the time. One of our members even calls the sniperrifle the 'cowardcannon'.

We have made a votesniper vote that limits snipers to 0,1,2 snipers depending on what the public wants. But still when you have 6 players on the server and two of them go boddyshotting it's pretty irritating. So i think that we will give this plugin a testdrive.
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
King John
Old 02-23-2010 , 16:48   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #14

Cool Story Bro

Lul, jk. I think the link to get the rest of the files (like Bodyshot.wav) is borked (for non 1337 speakers that means broken). Internal Server Error (500). Anyone gots teh file? (I like using dese curvey thingeymabobers!)
sarcastic
Old 10-07-2010 , 17:22   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #15

The latest update has seem to messed things up a little. Since the sniper got a new rifle called the sydney sleeper and it can only do bodyshots and no headshots, the plugin thinks they are using the rifle.
Roundcat
Old 07-29-2012 , 00:23   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #16

This is a fun thing to have on a crit server... however the sydney sleeper issue is a biggie. The plugin should be disabled when that weapon is equipped to prevent arguments?
BANNED
Old 07-29-2012 , 06:34   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #17

This plugin caters to the scrub player. I sure hope there is a way to locate servers using this so I can blacklist them all.
Helvetica
Old 08-03-2012 , 09:29   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim E. Rustler View Post
This plugin caters to the scrub player. I sure hope there is a way to locate servers using this so I can blacklist them all.
In many situations this plugin can be appropriate. I use it just to play a sound on bodyshot, others like eraserhead may want to use it in custom maps that Snipers are legitimately overpowered in. I'm quite confident in saying that the majority of the server admins that use this plugin probably have sound reasons for doing so.

Last edited by Helvetica; 08-03-2012 at 09:29.
Jim E. Rustler
BANNED
Old 08-03-2012 , 11:18   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
In many situations this plugin can be appropriate. I use it just to play a sound on bodyshot, others like eraserhead may want to use it in custom maps that Snipers are legitimately overpowered in. I'm quite confident in saying that the majority of the server admins that use this plugin probably have sound reasons for doing so.
Quote:
It can also play a sound file to all players upon punishment.
You're still punishing the player for bodyshots which is a function of being a sniper. Still caters to scrubs imo.
Helvetica
Old 08-03-2012 , 11:24   Re: [TF2] Bodyshot Punishment
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim E. Rustler View Post
You're still punishing the player for bodyshots which is a function of being a sniper. Still caters to scrubs imo.
Again, it depends on the game and map setup, and the intent of the admins. This plugin can be used in just as many good ways as bad. You can't dismiss it under a general stance of "catering to scrubs".