Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

Andre
Old 02-15-2006 , 19:18  
Reply With Quote #191

Quote:
No one properbly reported any crash bugs Andre. If you have a way to reproduce it or your willing to install gdb
Whats gdb ?
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2006 , 17:26  
Reply With Quote #192

a linux debuging tool.

And you didnet include any info about the crash. How can you be sure its BAT ?
Andre
Old 02-16-2006 , 18:54  
Reply With Quote #193

I wasnt sure what it was but i have only 3 plugins running,

BAT
Goremod
Statsmeminimum

Before i pointed the finger at any mod i was just asking people that has a non-mani setup if they too had any problems for me to relate to.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2006 , 23:17  
Reply With Quote #194

go thru them one by one, in my case it ws statsmeminimum, but there is a new version out of it that I have to try yet so it might be fixed in that version.
Old 02-21-2006 , 07:38  
Reply With Quote #195

Hi,
i recently used BAT and had the following issues/requests

- Map-Vote Menu is displayed only a short-time. So If youre in a firefight you cannot vote :
- add a cvar for the time the vote is active, so everyone can vote. The menu should be opened this time, unless its voted
- Support the say :vote command to vote, if the menu is hidden by other menus from other plugins like Statsme
- support for admin_csay and admin_msay to integrate HLStatsX

Thats all for now, and keep up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Roger Devil
dasjoe
Old 02-21-2006 , 09:14  
Reply With Quote #196

reading voteable maps from a different file than mapcycle.txt would be nice.
and adding "proceed with normal cycle" to the endround voting.
some sound indicating a vote would be cool, too. some people were telling me they didn't see the menu and accidentally voted. maybe the normal chat click or something, nothing too fancy please
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2006 , 17:53  
Reply With Quote #197

@Roger Devil
Server side commands are most likely comming with 1.2, i dont know how to impiment them proberbly into the command manager. But im sure with the help from the ppl in #sourcemod il find a way. Once i have server side admin commands, il see if there is a way to submit it to the hlstatsx team.

On regards of voting.
The vote time is currently hardcoded for 30 sec, i think thats suffient for a player to vote (The amount time your have to select something in the menu, the menu will stay long)
The menu has no timer to my knowlage, i will forever. But there are ways to make the menu go away, like in a firefight you can change weapons and just voted without knowing it ( I asslume at least, thats how menus worked in hl1)
I also think CSS closes any radio menu ( IE any BAT menu ) when you leave the buy zone. Offcourse the menu will be lost if a new menu comes over it ( I have no way of checking if new menus are being shown ).

I see no fix i can do with the menu for fixing either menu selection when the problem is a wrong keypress in combat or a new menu is entered on top of it.
Only way would be to make a third vote method that supports both chat and menu.
I havent realy tested this much, i should find a server with statsme and BAT and play a bit too see how it feels. And any potensial problems.

@dasjoe
A diffrent file is gonna come.

And about sounds, i thought about that. And i agree it would be nice with some simple sound. But there may be a bad tradeoff, if precaching sounds require a Sig scanner. This may break in a valve patch, BAT could start crashing ( I have no xp with Sig scanners).
Its on my list of things i want to do, i just need to get around to doing it. Hopefully i can find around the problem that does not require a sig scanner, and certainly no client download of sound files.

On another note the main goals for 1.2 are:
MySQL admin support ( Also supports adding admin logs to sql )
Server side admin commands
ESC based menus

There is a ton of minor things or tweaks, but the once listed above are the main goals
YankeeDeuce
Old 02-23-2006 , 11:32  
Reply With Quote #198

Just wondering if anyone else has came across this. A few of my admins have said that the changeteams does not work correctly, it will change a person to a different team than they wanted. I haven't had a chance to test it out myself yet, but 2 have said it, so just a heads up. Hopefully today I will have a chance to get on and test it out.
Running the latest version of BAT and RD's StatsMe.

About the only thing I would like to see in the next version is the diff file for votemaps, that's the biggest thing I can think of. Keep up the good work.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2006 , 05:10  
Reply With Quote #199

regarding changeteam.

Posible errors i see:
*User error is kind of likely.
*The target player has a client side cheat installed to prevent client side commands.
*Some bug in my code ( i dont think so, but you never know)

In reality my code is painfully simple, i just execute jointeam %d (%d would be the team number ) . I have noticed that it does not have proper default choice, something il try to remember to fix.

Its posible that some sort of combination of events messes things up, so if you find something remember to report it.
Roger Devil
Old 02-25-2006 , 05:22  
Reply With Quote #200

Hi EKS,
instead of doing the team-change clientside, you can do it server-side. So you avoid the problems. Hera a little function for you , which does that :

Code:
bool change_team(int id, int nTeam)
{
	edict_t* pPlayer = engine->PEntityOfEntIndex(id );
	if ( pPlayer && !pPlayer->IsFree())
	{
		IPlayerInfo *playerinfo=playerinfomanager->GetPlayerInfo(pPlayer);
		if (playerinfo)
		{
			playerinfo->ChangeTeam( nTeam );
			return true;
		}