Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Witch - Bots Trigger (1.2) [10-May-2020]

Post New Thread Reply   

jamalsheref2
Old 02-04-2020 , 09:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Witch - Bots Trigger
Reply With Quote #11

problem when a bot trigger the witch and she incaps him or her when the bots shoot the witch when trying to save the other bot that is pinned down by the witch the witch gets double startled again and attacks the other bot and you fix this pls?
Under Dog
Old 06-15-2020 , 19:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Witch - Bots Trigger (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #12

On some maps, the bots stop doing anything with this plugin loaded. they just follow you. they don't attack or defend or heal themselves. They just get beat down and die.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-16-2020 , 00:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Witch - Bots Trigger (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #13

It makes no sense how this plugin could cause that. This plugin simply hooks the witch being damaged and triggers her, nothing else.

Would have been helpful if you linked the other thread you posted about this, lucky I saw it. I tried the "Lockdown" map and they were attacking on bt2 and bt3.

Theres an engine bug where bots stop attacking whenever a pipebomb_projectile is active on the map. If you have any plugins using the pipebomb_projectile entity (for example maybe old Prototype Grenades or old Helicopter plugin might of used this entity, although I doubt they did) that's probably the cause.
Old 07-05-2020 , 18:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Witch - Bots Trigger (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
It makes no sense how this plugin could cause that. This plugin simply hooks the witch being damaged and triggers her, nothing else.

Would have been helpful if you linked the other thread you posted about this, lucky I saw it. I tried the "Lockdown" map and they were attacking on bt2 and bt3.

Theres an engine bug where bots stop attacking whenever a pipebomb_projectile is active on the map. If you have any plugins using the pipebomb_projectile entity (for example maybe old Prototype Grenades or old Helicopter plugin might of used this entity, although I doubt they did) that's probably the cause.
I don't know all the technical details. I just know the outcome. This plugin was the last one I had installed before having this issue. I deleted it and the problem went away. I never had this issue before and I haven't had this issue since deleting it. I did not delete any other plugins I use.
HotDiggidyD0G
Old 09-09-2020 , 00:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Witch - Bots Trigger (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #15

Seems like this plugin causes targetting delays with Relentless Witch, where after the witch gets the first target, it doesn't engage anyone else unless shot at, which causes repeated resetting of the witch.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-09-2020 , 01:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Witch - Bots Trigger (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDiggidyD0G View Post
Seems like this plugin causes targetting delays with Relentless Witch, where after the witch gets the first target, it doesn't engage anyone else unless shot at, which causes repeated resetting of the witch.
I don't see why this plugin should only affect bots. Not something I have time for or interested in investigating.

Last edited by Silvers; 09-09-2020 at 01:38.
MRSantiago57
Old 03-20-2023 , 12:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Witch - Bots Trigger (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #17

Hey man is it possible to make the startling be like the player when the bots shot them? Like having that 1 second delay and the witch screaming with her hands up before attacking the bot who shot her.