Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

How to add music in my counter strike server?

Post New Thread Reply   

RoiXTrene
Old 11-19-2022 , 04:06   How to add music in my counter strike server?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys I am very noob at AMXX and I'd like a full support or someone who can explain me what to do in baby steps.

Here is what I need:
I'd like to have a song when a player is connecting to the server.
At the middle of the round (the round has begun and meanwhile the fight the zombies there is a music going on).
and at the end of the round.

If someone can add me on discord please do!
RoiXTreme#5705

I'd like to know more stuff!
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2022 , 18:20   Re: How to add music in my counter strike server?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoiXTrene View Post
Hey guys I am very noob at AMXX and I'd like a full support or someone who can explain me what to do in baby steps.
That is extremely unlikely to happen. This is the internet and is for a game and game engine that is 20+ years old with a dying community. Either simply request what you want and someone might do it for you, or you will need to learn on your own.

There are several tutorials that you can read to learn the basics of writing plugins. Then, it's mostly looking at other tutorials or looking through other existing code that does things similar to what you want and learning that way.

Here is a post that lists a bunch of notable tutorials for AMX Mod X plugins.

If you've spent a bunch of time searching, testing, and reading tutorials and still can't get it to work like you would like, create a thread in the Scripting Help forum. Make sure to explain what your primary goal is and then post the code that you've tried so that we can help you fix your plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoiXTrene View Post
Here is what I need:
I'd like to have a song when a player is connecting to the server.
At the middle of the round (the round has begun and meanwhile the fight the zombies there is a music going on).
and at the end of the round.
There are plugins that do this type of thing already (especially playing a sound when a player joins the server). For example, there is this one that plays a sound when the player connects (you actually want to use what is called "putinserver" as shown in this plugin).

Also note that playing a sound on loop during the entire round is not going to 1) be as good as you thing and 2) will be unreliable and likely be choppy/broken playback, and 3) will most likely be annoying. Note that players will have to download the entire file before they join the server so it's not recommended to have extremely large files. But, you are certainly welcome to do as you wish.
Old 11-21-2022 , 02:09   Re: How to add music in my counter strike server?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
That is extremely unlikely to happen. This is the internet and is for a game and game engine that is 20+ years old with a dying community.
Sad truth, even compared to 4 years ago this game looks completely abandoned. Rare to find full pubs, or even a few people on some other gamemodes, some gamemodes completely died aka surf soccerjam hns kz bhop which were a big part of the game imho.

Looking at AMXX development gives you a faint hope but even there, people stopped replying to issues/actively working on the repo. Only russians seem to still develop stuff for 1.6 so you'd have better luck asking around there ig.

On-topic nobody wants your music trust me. Maybe 10-15 years ago you could get away with it when people didn't have such good internet connections and you could certainly entertain some people with music or html motd radio playbacks that you couldn't stop xD
Also you can find millions of music plugins, as fysiks said this game is like 20+ years old and music was also a big part of the game, even today you can still find servers with killsounds and whatnot, even though nowadays most people play with volume 0 and their own music playing on spotify or youtube.

Last edited by deprale; 11-21-2022 at 02:10.
Ark_Procession
Old 12-01-2022 , 10:59   Re: How to add music in my counter strike server?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprale View Post
Sad truth, even compared to 4 years ago this game looks completely abandoned. Rare to find full pubs, or even a few people on some other gamemodes, some gamemodes completely died aka surf soccerjam hns kz bhop which were a big part of the game imho.

Looking at AMXX development gives you a faint hope but even there, people stopped replying to issues/actively working on the repo. Only russians seem to still develop stuff for 1.6 so you'd have better luck asking around there ig.

On-topic nobody wants your music trust me. Maybe 10-15 years ago you could get away with it when people didn't have such good internet connections and you could certainly entertain some people with music or html motd radio playbacks that you couldn't stop xD
Also you can find millions of music plugins, as fysiks said this game is like 20+ years old and music was also a big part of the game, even today you can still find servers with killsounds and whatnot, even though nowadays most people play with volume 0 and their own music playing on spotify or youtube.
I am pretty sure there must be people like me, playing it with family and friends in closed lans

20+years and going strong. fully modded server and we could not be happier.
Time has passed for CS... that's true, but my brother and i will play this till we die lol.