Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Help / Support [EXP] Why Sentry Gun do not Shoot the Zombie?

Post New Thread Reply   

zmd94
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2014 , 01:23   [EXP] Why Sentry Gun do not Shoot the Zombie?
Reply With Quote #1

This thread is not for request any help. It only to give explanation to those people that keep asking to fix the bug "Why Sentry Gun do not Shoot the Zombie". So, I will give you explanation why this happen?
Quote:
My explanation is only based on my understanding and reading. It may not 100% correct. Please advise me.
Before I start to explain, I will advice that if anyone want to add sentry gun plugin, below is the best and still working sentry gun plugin for ZP (I have tested it in my server):
However, when we using this plugin, you have to admit that is a known bug that have been declared by the author:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry! View Post
Sentries can't recognize Teams, if you are in CT and some people are in T and someone from CT are zombie, sentries doesn't shot at him, only if that person was from T team and are zombie or same thing other way.
Below is the links that request to fix the known bug:
The same bug:
Quote:
1. The sentry do not attack the zombie.
2. The sentry gun do not attack other zombie after it have killed a zombie.
The explanation:

It is true that sometime the sentry do not attack the zombie. The sentry gun also do not attack other zombie after it have killed a zombie. However why this happen?

The plugin have been programmed to not shoot continuously. After a few second or a period of time it will stop shooting.

3. The sentry gun also will have to search for a target before it can shoot. This action also will take time. Please read below:
Quote:
// how often, in seconds, a sentry searches for targets when not locked at a target, a lower value means a sentry will lock on targets faster
new const Float:g_HITRATIOS[3] = {0.5, 0.65, 0.75}
The most important points:

4. The sentry gun cannot recognize teams. This only happen when we are using this plugin is ZP.

5. When we using this plugin (as I have mention above), we can set which team can use it:
Quote:
zp_sentry_team "0" // 0 - both, 1 - CT, 2 - T.
5. Lets say that we set that only CT which is human can buy the sentry gun. So, T which is zombie can buy the sentry gun.

6. So, when the human buy and plant sentry gun, sometime it will not shoot at specific zombie.

7. What is the specific zombie? The specific zombie is the zombie that are form CT team. As the sentry gun will not attack the team that allow to buy it, so it will not attack the zombie that are from CT team.

8. This is happen because anyone form CT team and T team have possibility to become a zombie.

9. If you set that both can buy the sentry gun, so when the zombie buy and plant the sentry gun, the sentry gun will only attack a human from CT team not a human form T team.

This is happen because anyone form CT team and T team have possibility to become a human.

The solutions:

1. Fix the ZP main plugin, so that all CT team will be a human and all T team will be a zombie, maybe this bug can be solved.

2. or just fully remake the plugin.

3. or edit any part of the plugin.

So, if you want to use this plugin, you have to accept the fact that the sentry gun will not attack all the zombies or the humans.

Please contact the author: Fry!

Sorry, if this explanation is not correct. This explanation is only based on my understanding and reading. Please advise me.

Last edited by zmd94; 06-22-2014 at 06:28.
zmd94
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2014 , 18:52   Re: [EXP] Why Sentry Gun do not Shoot the Zombie?
Reply With Quote #2

Solution 2:

1. Just using other extra item:
ArabicMan
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2014 , 19:26   Re: [EXP] Why Sentry Gun do not Shoot the Zombie?
Reply With Quote #3

Good .
zmd94
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2015 , 08:17   Re: [EXP] Why Sentry Gun do not Shoot the Zombie?
Reply With Quote #4

If I have free time, I will release new sentry gun plugin for ZP. ;)
RateX
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2015 , 08:42   Re: [EXP] Why Sentry Gun do not Shoot the Zombie?
Reply With Quote #5

You can try to modify this one.
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2015 , 08:53   Re: [EXP] Why Sentry Gun do not Shoot the Zombie?
Reply With Quote #6

I appreciate your suggestion. ;)