Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

michaelrw
Old 08-16-2017 , 00:02   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2671

For some reason, my server has a lot of trouble with the custom name tags (configured in custom_chat_titles.txt). After assigning tags to all of the admins, mods, etc., the tags begin to not show up, start showing up on players that havent been given a title, and those that have a title will often get the wrong one. This happens as the players stay on the server during map change and/or when they disconnect/reconnect a few times. Ill go check the database and see that it reflects the same thing.. so, idk whats causing it.

So ive tried looking for a good alternative.. Ive tried "VIP System", "Chat/Scoreboard Tag Menu", and I even tried the combination of Simple Chat Processor {Redux} paired with Custom Chat Colors (original, and 'csgo-compatible' versions). None of these have worked as intended. I believe there are varying levels of conflict between the functions/methods in the ckSurf chat tag code and those in the plugins I tried to use alongside it.

In a perfect world, we could have a way to apply the custom titles to the players such that the server rank tag is also shown. This is done with the special "Admin" tag that is directly coded into the plugin; it shows the Admin tag and also preserves the Rank tag (i.e. [Admin][Godlike]coolestnameever69). This is an option directly in the cksurf config. If we could have this be available for just a handful of tags (Admin, Mod, Owner, Donator, VIP), that would be a dream
Whether it comes from ckSurf plugin, or if there is a separate plugin that can be run alongside cksurf; it would do the custom tags and cksurf could apply the rank tags

So far, though, I don't have a solution to this. If anyone has any suggestions, sees something I'm doing wrong, etc. then definitely PM me. Any help is greatly appreciated
OSWO
Old 08-16-2017 , 02:29   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxelence View Post
Hey ppl!

I've come across an issue with multiple servers on ck related to bots. I would pretty much like to synch the records bots on all servers as soon as a record has been taken by someone. I would like them to synch immediately after a record was done. Can anybody relate to that?

Another thing i was thinking of is creating a top #250 or top #100 server. I've looked across the forum but couldn't find any satisfying information.

Thx in advance and i'm rly looking forward to reading ur inputs!
Have a good one guys!
You could symbolically link all replay folders from all the servers to one main one. I think the only issue here is if 2 or more servers are on the same map and someone beats the record on them.
Old 08-16-2017 , 15:55   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2673

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSWO View Post
You could symbolically link all replay folders from all the servers to one main one. I think the only issue here is if 2 or more servers are on the same map and someone beats the record on them.
Well, that's exactly the point. Maybe any other ideas on that?

fluffys
Old 08-17-2017 , 09:57   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2674

I've made a fork of ckSurf as a way to learn SourcePawn, someone is threatening to leak it so just going to paste it here, wouldn't recommend using it unless you're making a brand new server and not using an existing database. https://github.com/fluffyst/Surftimer
EMILLSEN
Old 08-17-2017 , 12:25   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2675

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffys View Post
I've made a fork of ckSurf as a way to learn SourcePawn, someone is threatening to leak it so just going to paste it here, wouldn't recommend using it unless you're making a brand new server and not using an existing database. https://github.com/fluffyst/Surftimer

I am using your plugin currently..Only thing I need is to take your own sound files off...

How can I can do it?
fluffys
Old 08-17-2017 , 14:41   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2676

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMILLSEN View Post
I am using your plugin currently..Only thing I need is to take your own sound files off...

How can I can do it?
Probably shouldn't use this thread as a support thread for that plugin, feel free to make a github issue though.

Last edited by fluffys; 08-17-2017 at 15:02.
Orbin
Old 08-18-2017 , 12:03   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2677

Hi, i just started a server on my own with this plugin, It was super easy to set up and everything, Cheers.

after a few days, the server needed a update, after i updated the server i get this message spamming the server console

http://imgur.com/ZzXrzf9

No clue how to solve this
Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Orbin; 08-18-2017 at 12:03.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 08-18-2017 , 12:22   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbin View Post
Hi, i just started a server on my own with this plugin, It was super easy to set up and everything, Cheers.

after a few days, the server needed a update, after i updated the server i get this message spamming the server console

http://imgur.com/ZzXrzf9

No clue how to solve this
Thanks for the help!
Update your sourcemod, last night's update borked things.
Old 08-20-2017 , 06:35   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2679

L 08/19/2017 - 17:43:14: [CSTRIKE] Failed to lookup GetTranslatedWeaponAlias signature.
L 08/19/2017 - 17:43:14: [CSTRIKE] Failed to lookup AliasToWeaponID signature.

Getting error after new update even updated new Sourcemod and Metamod and still have this issue.
Old 08-20-2017 , 06:36   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2680

Hello guys
Does someone has a clue why some playernames with special characters are not written to the ck_playertimes table? Some names are just NULL in contrast to ck_playerrank where i couldnt find any names that are NULL.