Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SMAC disables TF2 item server?

Post New Thread Reply   

Franceska
Old 12-27-2013 , 05:46   SMAC disables TF2 item server?
Reply With Quote #1

I installed SMAC on my Linux Dedicated Server yesterday, everything was just working fine with SMAC itself.

When I installed SMAC, and loaded up as Sniper, I was welcomed with a Rifle in my hand, instead of my bow and arrow. The canteen wasn't equipped either.

I have only a few basic plugins because I reinstalled the server, and started fresh again. I tested both plugins individually (Admin Chat, Infinite Ammo) and none of the two caused the item server issue.

When I disabled SMAC, restarted everything, I was faced with my bow & arrow again.

SourceMod Version
v1.6.0 dev 4088

MetaMod Version
v1.11.0 dev 855

SMAC Version
v0.8.5.1

SMAC Plugin Files Installed:
  • smac.smx
  • smac_aimbot.smx
  • smac_autotrigger.smx
  • smac_client.smx
  • smac_commands.smx
  • smac_css_antiflash.smx
  • smac_css_antismoke.smx
  • smac_css_fixes.smx
  • smac_cvars.smx
  • smac_eyetest.smx
  • smac_hl2dm_fixes.smx
  • smac_l4d2_fixes.smx
  • smac_rcon.smx
  • smac_speedhack.smx

TL;DR Version
SMAC disables TF2 item server on Linux. No other plugin caused it.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-27-2013 , 09:53   Re: SMAC disables TF2 item server?
Reply With Quote #2

Two things...
  1. You can delete the css, l4d2 & hl2dm plugins because they don't impact anything for TF2.
  2. Check to make sure you don't have a plugin called 'tNoUnlocksPls' installed on the server because that plugin disables all weapons by default and gives default weapons.
Franceska
Old 12-27-2013 , 10:50   Re: SMAC disables TF2 item server?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Two things...
  1. Check to make sure you don't have a plugin called 'tNoUnlocksPls' installed on the server because that plugin disables all weapons by default and gives default weapons.
I tested my plugins 1 for 1, and everything was fine until I installed the SMAC package.

I had a fresh new installed server and SourceMod was corrupted before so I reinstalled that one, that's why I tested my plugins one for one to see if everything worked fine before I "opened" the server.

I had no other plugin along when I installed SMAC because if something would be broken I would know what the cause it.

SMAC installed - no item server.
SMAC disabled - item server.

Seem suspicious to me considering it was the only plugin I disabled.
ocwoody
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-27-2013 , 11:32   Re: SMAC disables TF2 item server?
Reply With Quote #4

Sure the item server wasn't just down? Steam has been having intermittent problems all week.

I have SMAC on 6 of my TF2 servers and they all work just fine.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-27-2013 , 21:59   Re: SMAC disables TF2 item server?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franceska View Post
I tested my plugins 1 for 1, and everything was fine until I installed the SMAC package.

I had a fresh new installed server and SourceMod was corrupted before so I reinstalled that one, that's why I tested my plugins one for one to see if everything worked fine before I "opened" the server.

I had no other plugin along when I installed SMAC because if something would be broken I would know what the cause it.

SMAC installed - no item server.
SMAC disabled - item server.

Seem suspicious to me considering it was the only plugin I disabled.
SMAC has no functionality that disables items for players in Team Fortress 2. The plugin I posted is one of the only known plugins that disables all weapons when installed for the first time.
Franceska
Old 12-29-2013 , 04:58   Re: SMAC disables TF2 item server?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
SMAC has no functionality that disables items for players in Team Fortress 2. The plugin I posted is one of the only known plugins that disables all weapons when installed for the first time.
I haven't got the time to check in-game but I loaded up an older version (considering I'm using an older build of SourceMod) and it appears to be fine.

Could it be that the mirror version conflicts with the older build of SourceMod?

(Again, no time yet to check in game but it shows "Update queued" which it didn't before with the SMAC I installed before)

And I encountered my first aim-bot user yesterday. If you encounter someone using this ID: STEAM_0:1:80229795 - it's the person using aimbot.
He's been banned permanent from my server but it made me want to try to get SMAC working.

Last edited by Franceska; 12-29-2013 at 05:00.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-30-2013 , 10:36   Re: SMAC disables TF2 item server?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franceska View Post
I haven't got the time to check in-game but I loaded up an older version (considering I'm using an older build of SourceMod) and it appears to be fine.

Could it be that the mirror version conflicts with the older build of SourceMod?

(Again, no time yet to check in game but it shows "Update queued" which it didn't before with the SMAC I installed before)

And I encountered my first aim-bot user yesterday. If you encounter someone using this ID: STEAM_0:1:80229795 - it's the person using aimbot.
He's been banned permanent from my server but it made me want to try to get SMAC working.
Not 100% sure but another factor is the versions of Metamod & Sourcemod you're running. The developer versions are heavily modified so that might also be a factor but I'm not 100% sure on that. I've heard recommendations for compatibility with current plugins just to use the latest stable versions.
Franceska
Old 12-31-2013 , 04:19   Re: SMAC disables TF2 item server?
Reply With Quote #8

Then it was definitely the case of the latest version conflicting with the older version of SourceMod because it is just working fine now, when I installed the SMAC along with the version that I know was working.

So I'm gonna ask a mod to lock this thread as it's solved.

Thanks Redwerewolf though for your help.