Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

In-Game Map Downloader and FastDL Uploader (GameBanana, Custom List, URL)

Post New Thread Reply   

JonnyHiggins
Old 01-27-2014 , 12:08   Re: [Source 2009, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap)
Reply With Quote #121

Hey guys, I just thought I'd let you know that we recently expanded our API to help Popoklopsi (and anyone else who wants to access our data), so you can now get pretty much any information you want on over 170,000 maps.

GameBanana API & Documentation
GitHub link

We want the community to feel free to do whatever you like with this info, provided its nothing sinister!!! If you need other access or would like our API expanded to over sections such as skins, models, scripts etc.. just let us know either on here or by emailing [email protected]

The available fields for maps are as follows:

name
userid
studioid
description
authors
tags
creator
catid
version
dev_state
projectid
text
apps_used
contestid
is_exclusive
install_instructions
screenshots
views
postcount
downloads
players
lastpost_date
lastpost_userid
date
mdate
udate
embassy_id
modnote
rating
votes
cumulative_rating
fav_count
allows_unofficial_media
Url().sGetPreviewImageUrl()
Url().sGetProfileUrl()
Url().sGetEditUrl()
Url().sGetPromoteUrl()
Url().sGetTrashUrl()
Url().sGetUntrashUrl()
Url().sGetWithholdUrl()
Url().sGetUnwithholdUrl()
Url().sGetRatingsUrl()
Url().sGetHistoryUrl()
Url().sGetFlagsUrl()
Url().sGetLicenseUrl()
Url().sGetMediaUrl()
Url().sGetUpdatesUrl()
Url().sGetDownloadUrl()
Withhold().bIsWithheld()
Updates().aGetLatestUpdateDetails()
Updates().bSubmissionHasUpdates()
Updates().nGetUpdateCount()
Trash().bIsTrashed()
MirrorFile().iGetFilesize()
MirrorFile().idGetMirrorFileRow()
Media().bSubmissionHasUnofficialMedia()
Media().bGetUnofficialMediaCount()
Media().bGetUnofficialScreenshotCount()
License().sGetLicense()
License().aGetLicenseChecklist()
Flags().bSubmissionIsFlagged()
Flags().nGetActiveFlagsCount()
Flags().tsGetFirstFlagTime()
Flags().aGetActiveFlagRowIds()
FilePath().sGetDownloadablePath()
FilePath().sGetFullsizePreviewImagePath()
FilePath().aGetScreenshotThumbnailPaths()
FilePath().aGetScreenshotPaths()
Downloadable().bFileExists()
Downloadable().nGetFilesize()
Downloadable().sGetLocalDownloadUrl()
Posts().LastPost().sGetPostText()
Posts().LastPost().tsGetLastPostTime()
Posts().LastPost().idGetLastPostMemberRow()
Posts().Postcount().nGetPostCount()
Rating().SkillLevel().sGetGroupName()
Rating().SkillLevel().sGetTitle()
nomy
Old 09-12-2014 , 13:51   Re: [Source 2009, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap)
Reply With Quote #122

Hello, there is a problem while trying to update database.

Quote:
Starting to search... Please wait...

Start searching maps for game tf2

ERROR: Couldn't get first page count. Program seems to be outdated...

Start searching maps for game dods

Start searching maps for game hl2dm

Start searching maps for game css

Start searching maps for game csgo

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2014 , 04:25   Re: [Source 2009, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap)
Reply With Quote #123

Too bad when gamebanana is not hassling you with advertisements it's usually redirecting you to community-hosted content providers loaded full of virus/malware. Let's also not forget their restrictive and biased takedown/moderation rules.

I mean, why support a site that not only hassles you with adverts, restricts what content you can have, provides you with malware, but doesn't even provide it's own content servers?

Since maps/content are released into the public domain, it would probably be a good idea to find a better solution for a content provider. How about a BitTorrent client? Md5 the maps, bzip them to a temp dir.. and send them on their way. The more servers that have it, the better it will be. Make an option to set bandwidth quotas. There are plenty of us with thousands of extra gb a month to provide this service. Or you know... If there are no seeds, allow for fastdl sharing to seed that map.

Would need whitelist/blacklist options, or options to only allow fetching from local server // remote fastdl.

Good thing about this is you don't have to rely in third party apis, stupid file structures of random third party submissions etc. We would however need a tracker.

Last edited by friagram; 09-14-2014 at 04:35.
dordnung
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2014 , 17:37   Re: [Source 2009, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap)
Reply With Quote #124

I will update the whole plugins the next week, i added more information about each map, e.g votes, rating, download count and so on.

@friagram

Currently this is the biggest database and i just collect the download links, so you don't have to fear about malware.
Old 09-15-2014 , 14:08   Re: [Source 2009, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap)
Reply With Quote #125

Gamebanana does have their own content servers.

E.g. http://files.gamebanana.com/maps/bhop_exodus_fix.zip
Lord_Rofl
Old 09-24-2014 , 16:25   Re: [Source 2009, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap)
Reply With Quote #126

This Plugin is the best! And it is best with Gamebanana, period.
In my opinion a must have for every admin. When you download a map with Ingame Map Downloader you never want to fall back into doing it manually. Download Map, insert map in mapcyle, compressing into .bz2 and upload to fastdownload with only one click and around 10sec(~50mb map)... is awesome.

Gamebanana is annoying sometimes, yes. But Gamebananaīs annoying ads doesnīt effect this plugin! It provides instant fast download without ads and waiting time. When you choose to download a map, the download begins instantly and very fast.

Donīt know what friagram want else... tracker, fetching local server, bittorrent client, md5 the maps and shit
Dude, whats wrong?

The incomming update is a big step to perfection. I can say that. Support for custom url/more Gamebanana API, etc...
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2014 , 11:53   Re: [Source 2009, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap)
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Rofl View Post
This Plugin is the best! And it is best with Gamebanana, period.
In my opinion a must have for every admin. When you download a map with Ingame Map Downloader you never want to fall back into doing it manually. Download Map, insert map in mapcyle, compressing into .bz2 and upload to fastdownload with only one click and around 10sec(~50mb map)... is awesome.

Gamebanana is annoying sometimes, yes. But Gamebananaīs annoying ads doesnīt effect this plugin! It provides instant fast download without ads and waiting time. When you choose to download a map, the download begins instantly and very fast.

Donīt know what friagram want else... tracker, fetching local server, bittorrent client, md5 the maps and shit
Dude, whats wrong?

The incomming update is a big step to perfection. I can say that. Support for custom url/more Gamebanana API, etc...
Relying on a closed, proprietary API and third party service is never a good thing. If they change their api, service ends. If their site goes down, service ends. If they blacklist content or change tos, service ends. My solution is an open alternative. Also, if you have servers with 1000mbps connections, which very well may be on LAN at datacenters sharing data, your transfer speeds will be worlds higher than whatever piddly amounts third party content providers can provide (or would ever be willing to). Perhaps not an issue for some, but transfering some 100gb data of maps in some few minutes is a lot nicer than the hour or whatever it would take using gamebanana. You have to remember, these servers are often hosting the same content, on the same networks... Often even on the same machines.

Last edited by friagram; 10-02-2014 at 11:54.
dordnung
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2014 , 11:23   Re: [Source 2009, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap)
Reply With Quote #128

!UPDATE!
  • 2.2.0 (2014/10/03)
    • Added more information about maps: Votes, Downloads, Views, Rating, Creation Date, Modification Date
    • Added options to sort the maps by the new information
    • Added command to download a map directly from a given URL
    • Added menu items to show the best voted-, downloaded-, ... maps
    • Added convar to set color of hudtext
    • Removed unnecessary files of the download (Readme and so on)
    • Added logging
    • Added convar to set number of retries to connect to the database
    • Fixed bugs
Old 10-08-2014 , 06:12   Re: [Source 2013, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap) (2014/10/03)
Reply With Quote #129

how to fix this?
[SM] Unable to load extension "system2.ext": Extension version is too new to load (8, max is 7)

i read you need to recompile with the sm version that you are using

i dono how to compile extension...
dordnung
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2014 , 10:10   Re: [Source 2013, CS:GO] In-Game GameBanana Map Downloader (AddMap) (2014/10/03)
Reply With Quote #130

What sourcemod version do you have?