Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-30-2015 , 12:13   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

It's probably on you to find out what changed. Then, maybe something can be done.
Old 06-30-2015 , 20:47   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
Something definitely changed from SM 1.6 to 1.7 that caused HLSW to stop displaying the older steamIDs in HLSW. Either that or the hack no longer works to convert the steamIDs from the original format to the new steamID3 format in SM 1.7. But I can tell that my server logs for TF2 and CSS only output the steam3 format now and the live game logs displayed at the bottom of the HLSW screen only display the steam3 IDs and not the steamID as before on 1.6. Other than reverting back to SM 1.6, can anyone offer a solution to get HLSW to output the Steam IDs so I can see them and click on them in HLSW? I can't believe I'm the only one managing servers that still uses HLSW and wants this to work.

I completely understand HLSW is no longer being worked on by its developers, but even as outdated as it is, it is still by far the best tool out there for monitoring multiple game servers and is an incredible asset to managing my community. Not having the steamIDs of players in HLSW significantly reduces the usefulness of it and since it worked on SM 1.6, I'm hoping someone can make it work the same on SM 1.7 for the guys like me who still use it. If I need to pay someone to code something, I will. That how important it is to me, I'd hedge some bets others are in my shoes as well.

Many thanks for all the constructive input.
The SM change didn't do this to HLSW it was the SteamID3 change over that caused it. The only solution I could come up with to get the ID's back or Global ID's to show back up along with a few other things for players was to run the superlogs_tf2 plugin. The only complaint I have with that plugin is that it needs to be updated a little as it throws off some errors into the logs but it does function.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2015 , 21:14   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

This has nothing to do with Sourcemod. The same issue you are describing exists on servers WITHOUT Sourcemod.
Old 06-30-2015 , 22:49   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

I'm not blaming SourceMod for this issue. I completely understand the SteamID3 change late last year is the root cause. All I'm saying is that I've been running SM 1.6 on my servers ever since the SteamID3 change and HLSW worked fine and still provided the old steamIDs to HLSW. Immediately after updating to SM 1.7, this stopped happening. I was just hopeful there was some simple explanation as to what changed from 1.6 to 1.7 that maybe I could find a work-around for.

I've tried the Superlogs plugin but can't find it in a compiled form and it will no longer compile at all for me using the compiler on the SourceMod homepage. It simply gives me a message that it can't compile "superlogs-tf2.sp" and stops as shown below:

Quote:
Your plugin failed to compile! Read the errors below:
SourcePawn Compiler 1.7.1
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 ITB CompuPhase
Copyright (c) 2004-2014 AlliedModders LLC

/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpqT3kvF.sp(26) : fatal error 182: cannot read from file: "loghelper"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.

522655 successful compiles to date.
390609 failed compiles to date.
I've taken enough of your time guys. I don't want to make people angry by posting about this anymore. I'll figure it out on my own and when I do, I'll post a solution for others who may need it.

Thanks anyway. Take care.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 07-02-2015 at 23:47.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2015 , 23:49   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
cannot read from file: "loghelper"
Compile it yourself, and make sure that you have the loghelper.inc file.
Old 07-01-2015 , 09:46   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
I've taken enough of your time guys. I don't want to make people angry by posting about this anymore. I'll figure it out on my own and when I do, I'll post a solution for others who may need it.

Thanks anyway. Take care.
I don't think you're making anyone angry regarding this, but MAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE it is better to haul this off to another thread so it can get full attention on its own. This IS a modding community after all, for noobs and veterans alike.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-02-2015 at 02:24.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-01-2015 , 19:31   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:

I've tried the Superlogs plugin but can't find it in a compliled form and it will no longer compile at all for me using the compiler on the SourceMod homepage. It simply gives me a message that it can't compile "superlogs-tf2.sp" and stops as shown below:

I've posted a smx of the plugin at the end of the thread for it along with the current source for someone else..grab that.
scso1502
Old 07-02-2015 , 23:46   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Thank you Horse, you Rock! Superlogs fixed HLSW for me. Happy 'Gun Mettle' Day to you my friend!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 07-03-2015 at 14:34.
R1KO
Old 11-13-2015 , 12:43   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

When a bug is fixed when the KeyValues get string sometimes is not case sensitive??
Send a message via Skype™ to R1KO
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-13-2015 , 13:00   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1KO View Post
When a bug is fixed when the KeyValues get string sometimes is not case sensitive??
That's not a bug.