Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2020 , 01:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #651

I remember someone asking to replicate the tanks of this post, but is just a note. About bugs, my players sometimes complain that they are still being affected by gravity (don't reset sometimes) or by the blind tank (keeps blind after dead/defib). I haven't found a pattern for that to happen but it isn't that often.
Also, the shock ability displays a black and pink square particle sometimes.

Last edited by Marttt; 04-24-2020 at 01:55.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2020 , 01:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
I remember someone asking to replicate the tanks of this post, but is just a note. About bugs, my players sometimes complain that they are still being affected by gravity (don't reset sometimes) or by the blind tank (keeps blind after dead/defib). I haven't found a pattern for that to happen but it isn't that often.
I don't consider that unique enough to add to Mutant Tanks. If people want those effects, they can just ask Aya Supay for the plugin since I believe that's his YT channel...
Old 04-24-2020 , 02:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #653

Are there any cvar settings you guys want? Preferrably ones that affect the plugin in general, not specific ones like "base Tank health" because you can already do that with the config file. I am updating a lot of the plugin's code so now's the time to request stuff like cvars.
Old 04-24-2020 , 05:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuniaMX View Post
Hi mate, nice plugins. I got some questions to ask you as well. When im playing a versus mode on my server and there's a player getting his turn to play as tank, somehow the early spawned tank is replaced with a new one from the players and it got stucked until the timer to hit a survivor runs out. Do you have any solution to this? Here's my current configs on mutant_tanks.cfg

"Plugin Settings"
{
"General"
{
"Plugin Enabled" "1"
"Announce Arrival" "31"
"Announce Death" "1"
"Base Health" "1000"
"Display Health" "7"
"Finales Only" "0"
"Health Characters" "|,-"
"Multiply Health" "0"
"Type Range" "1-179"
}
"Human Support"
{
"Human Cooldown" "600"
"Master Control" "0"
"Spawn Mode" "1"
}
"Waves"
{
"Regular Amount" "1"
"Regular Interval" "900.0"
"Regular Mode" "1"
"Regular Type" "0"
"Regular Wave" "0"
"Finale Types" "145,149,153"
"Finale Waves" "1,1,1"
}
"Game Modes"
{
"Game Mode Types" "15"
"Enabled Game Modes" "coop,realism,versus,survival"
"Disabled Game Modes" "scavenge"
}
"Custom"
{
"Enable Custom Configs" "0"
"Create Config Types" "0"
"Execute Config Types" "0"
}
}

Thank You
After looking into this issue, I figured out that it's due to ABM needing to set the Tank's state to ghost mode since coop doesn't expect to have infected players. It has nothing to do with Mutant Tanks but I will be providing a way to fix it in the next version.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 04-27-2020 at 08:33.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2020 , 12:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
I already fixed that in v8.66. Will release the update by the start of May.

If all the plugin does is spawn Tanks, it should not conflict with Mutant Tanks. Use them together and let us know what the results are.

I can't think of any more abilities or features to add, but if you have any suggestions, let me know here. I'm glad that my work has kept some people from quitting the game.

Thanks for that Crasher,
Customizing the "props! Is one of the coolest things about this plugin, as it gives incredible visuals for each Tank, I'm happy that it will be fixed in version 8.66.
It's great to have you back to L4D and updating this amazing plugin.

If it is possible to take a look at the error posted by Mart, it would be really cool.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/newrep...eply&p=2695820
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2020 , 08:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
Thanks for that Crasher,
Customizing the "props! Is one of the coolest things about this plugin, as it gives incredible visuals for each Tank, I'm happy that it will be fixed in version 8.66.
It's great to have you back to L4D and updating this amazing plugin.

If it is possible to take a look at the error posted by Mart, it would be really cool.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/newrep...eply&p=2695820
I addressed those bugs in v8.66 as well. There will be lots of changes.
Old 04-27-2020 , 17:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #657

Quote:
If all the plugin does is spawn Tanks, it should not conflict with Mutant Tanks. Use them together and let us know what the results are.
PHP Code:
sm_cvar tank_stuck_failsafe "0"
sm_cvar tank_stuck_time_suicide "30" 
I added this to my server and it works well, the Tank is no longer stuck.

Quote:
I can't think of any more abilities or features to add, but if you have any suggestions, let me know here. I'm glad that my work has kept some people from quitting the game.

*Why not make the tank have a propane head like the Mutant Zombies? Add to "Props"
*"Melee Ability" The Mutant Tank can use melee weapons (original idea of the plugin [L4D & L4D2] Melee Weapon Tank)

Last edited by Tank Rush; 04-27-2020 at 19:00. Reason: translation error
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2020 , 19:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Rush View Post
PHP Code:
sm_cvar tank_stuck_failsafe "0"
sm_cvar tank_stuck_time_suicide "30" 
I added this to my server and it works well, the Tank is no longer stuck.

*Why not make the tank have a propane head like the Mutant Zombies? Add to "Props"
*"Melee Ability" The Mutant Tank can use melee weapons (original idea of the plugin [L4D & L4D2] Melee Weapon Tank)
I'll look into adding more props to attach to the Tank.

The "Melee Weapon Tank" is already a part of the plugin. It's called The "Drop Ability" because when a Tank spawns with a melee weapon, he has a chance of dropping it when he dies.
Old 04-27-2020 , 22:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #659

I use this and it works perfectly with MutantTanks:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=166356

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 04-27-2020 at 22:17.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2020 , 23:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
I use this and it works perfectly with MutantTanks:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=166356
Yes, that's a good plugin to have if you want the Drop ability to be applied to every Tank without having to edit the config file and giving the ability for every Tank in the config. I'm not sure if they may conflict though.