Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (15 Sep 2007) [Important News: July 2008]

Post New Thread Reply   

el hippo
Old 05-20-2007 , 01:35   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #81

SameTeamAccessOnly means that once an object is grabbed, only players on the grabber's team can move that item again. The reason why this was done was because zombies would try to move human placed objects, so I decided to make it 'first come first own'.

To elaborate: if you set the variable to 1 then the team owning mode would be activated. Once a player on a certain team grabs that object, it is only movable on players on the same team as the first person grabbing the object.

For example:
1) A CT player grabs prop 1. Prop 1 is now 'owned' by the CT team.
2) Another CT player grabs the object and can move it around.
3) A T player tries to grab prop 1, but fails because SameTeamAccessOnly is set to 1.

Note that the owner tracking actually uses a pointer to the owner player. This means if the last person moving the object switches teams, the object is then owned by the team the person switched to.

Hopefully that clarifies that certain configuration option.

Hippo
Old 05-27-2007 , 14:52   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #82

why is this pluging causing the server to crash? I disable and the zombie server seem to be fine.
Old 05-27-2007 , 15:18   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #83

Are you running the beta version of CSS? Also, what OS are you using? I will try to track down the problem, but it may take some time unless you can provide me with details on how to produce the crash.

Hippo
Old 05-28-2007 , 00:33   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by el hippo View Post
Are you running the beta version of CSS? Also, what OS are you using? I will try to track down the problem, but it may take some time unless you can provide me with details on how to produce the crash.

Hippo
i'm running window 2003 server. I have mani, event script from mattie, gore mods and metta mods on the server.
Old 05-28-2007 , 02:10   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #85

Could you send me the mdmp file thats generated when srcds crashes? You can attach it here or email it to [email protected] . The file will be located in the same directory your srcds.exe binary resides in.

I am assuming you are running the stable version of srcds (not the beta version). I haven't tried the beta version yet so I don't know if the function sigs and offsets are still the same or not.

Hippo
Old 05-28-2007 , 13:48   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by el hippo View Post
Could you send me the mdmp file thats generated when srcds crashes? You can attach it here or email it to [email protected] . The file will be located in the same directory your srcds.exe binary resides in.

I am assuming you are running the stable version of srcds (not the beta version). I haven't tried the beta version yet so I don't know if the function sigs and offsets are still the same or not.

Hippo

sent.
Old 06-06-2007 , 07:25   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #87

Is it possible to limit the range of the grabber without actually having access to the plugin source (with eventscripts maybe??)? I mean, one can now manipulate objects accross big distances which means that its very easy to grief barricades without being detected. Also it looks awkward when a barrel lifts into the air and there's nobody standing nearby.
Dutchy
Old 06-08-2007 , 06:35   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #88

I was using this on my server and enjoyed spawning a tree and stuff like that...but after a few maps all props just dissapeared. Reloading maps or loading any other map would not solve it, I had to remove the plugin and restart the server to get rid of the problem...
Linux os
zombiemod
Eventscripts
Es_tools
Metamod

All the latest versions.
Random189
Old 06-08-2007 , 19:06   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #89

Is it possible to add a cvar to turn it off and on in mid game, I like to have my server turn into a fun server from midnight to like 7am and I just installed this plugin but haven't told anyone bout it yet cause I don't want them using it during the day and what not
Games
Old 06-09-2007 , 05:00   Re: Entity Grabber / 'Gravity Gun' (11 May 2007)
Reply With Quote #90

Dutchy change this cvar to 0

"ReplacePhysics" "1" // Convert prop_physics_multiplayer on maps with prop_physics