[L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 03-22-2020 , 23:55   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDArt View Post
Plugin failed to compile also can you make the desert rifle be full auto could it be possible?
I apologize for the screw up...for some reason compiler on allied modders isn't working for me. Download the compiled version for now.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 03-23-2020 , 11:24   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #12

UPDATE

Code:
[ v1.3 ]
Fixed - Switching multiple guns in a slot breaks changing fire modes
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 03-23-2020 , 13:12   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDArt View Post
Plugin failed to compile also can you make the desert rifle be full auto could it be possible?
Any attempt i've made to manipulate the burst fire (3 bullets) from the desert rifle have failed. I may try and tackle it again at some point just to allow auto, but any other mode like single shot would be impossible because of the way it bursts already. I can try and reduce the delay between firing the bursts to mimic automatic fire but that may create unforeseen issues...gun firing too quickly. We shall see...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 03-23-2020 at 13:14.
SDArt
Old 03-23-2020 , 20:35   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #14

Getting the desert rifle to work would be a great addition i've been thinking does the g3 aka military sniper isn't auto as well? Thanks for the update though.
SkiPlix
Old 03-23-2020 , 22:01   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #15

Would be nice to add a .cfg to override fire modes for weapons.

As i think having a full auto sniper rifle would work better instead of spamming the click to fire continuously.

Last edited by SkiPlix; 03-23-2020 at 22:01.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 03-23-2020 , 22:05   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiPlix View Post
Would be nice to add a .cfg to override fire modes for weapons.

As i think having a full auto sniper rifle would work better instead of spamming the click to fire continuously.
yah i've considered this already for the sniper rifles and will probably implement it, a cfg to allow or disallow for each weapon as well, and options to override, however its prob a week or two away from happening. I'm working on several projects at the moment I want to release to the public. Perfecting the way this plugin works and fixing any bugs that crop up is my main priority at the moment. Once things seem good and I have more time i'll implement these things

Last edited by MasterMind420; 03-23-2020 at 22:06.
xZk
Old 03-27-2020 , 13:27   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #17

nice !, I was also thinking about doing this when I saw a workshop mod that did the same thing, but there was always the scar rifle problem :/
I don't know if the best solution, maybe I modified the type of ammunition in the weapon configuration to another type of rifle, I remember that I saw another mod that edited the scar as if it were an m16.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 03-27-2020 , 15:06   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZk View Post
nice !, I was also thinking about doing this when I saw a workshop mod that did the same thing, but there was always the scar rifle problem :/
I don't know if the best solution, maybe I modified the type of ammunition in the weapon configuration to another type of rifle, I remember that I saw another mod that edited the scar as if it were an m16.
I'm working on allowing the scar to use burst like it does in this plugin, 3 bullets then stops shooting until fire is released, and normal operation. Not really interested in changing the behavior of the scar. Also working on getting sniper rifles to have auto/burst/single shot like the pistols. Problem with the scar and sniper rifles is that they have to be handled just like the pistols are in this plugin in order to manipulate them, doesn't quite work like the rest of the automatic weapons. My only issue with the snipers is using Zoom to change modes. I think i can remedy that by requiring players to hold zoom for a sec or 2 or just changing the button. but for now the plugin works quite well as is.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 03-27-2020 at 15:07.
strikeraot
Old 05-20-2020 , 01:29   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #19

Why does the burst mode gun only fire x bullets and then stop firing? Can you make them repeat shooting x bullets until the end of a magazine?
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 05-20-2020 , 01:38   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Weapon Fire Modes
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikeraot View Post
Why does the burst mode gun only fire x bullets and then stop firing? Can you make them repeat shooting x bullets until the end of a magazine?
originally that is how it worked...however burst fire is exactly that...burst not automatic... i may in the future add it back as an option for automatic burst fire if possible.