Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-26-2012 , 12:00   Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #1

SourceMod-Compile is something I was working on yesterday and I figure some other people might find it handy.

There is a long description and readme over at the bitbucket repo, so read that, give it a shot if you want, and let me know what you think.
Old 12-27-2012 , 13:02   Re: Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #2

Looks useful! I'm going to give this a try soon.
Old 12-28-2012 , 03:27   Re: Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #3

Looks great! Thanks!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-28-2012 , 09:59   Re: Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #4

Before I actually clicked the link my first thought was "it's not that hard if you download the SDK, MM:S source, and SM source".

Not realizing that this is primarily for people who don't have access to Linux machines.
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-28-2012 , 10:00   Re: Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #5

It also keeps the SDKs updated for you.
Old 12-28-2012 , 10:23   Re: Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #6

Shame Vagrant doesn't (yet) support other VM servers... I already use several VMWare Player VMs* on my home PC ever since my laptop died.

Oh well, there's always hope for the future.

* One of which is because VirtualBox doesn't support DirectX 7 for a game that was bugging out on Windows 7. Although getting the GoG version of said game (and its sequel) when it was on sale fixed that.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-28-2012 at 10:24.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-28-2012 , 10:26   Re: Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #7

I think there's experimental support in progress. I personally use it alongside VMWare Workstation on my Macbook Pro, VMWare handles my Windows VM for uni work, and Vagrant+VBox handle my development environments.
Old 03-12-2019 , 22:40   Re: Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #8

Hey @asherkin, Is this still supported?

Tried it out but my connection times out when trying to reach : http://files.vagrantup.com/precise32.box

Found this thread while Looking for some help compiling sourcemod extensions, I hope this tool still works it looks promising!

Last edited by Syle22; 03-12-2019 at 22:41.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-14-2019 , 19:09   Re: Helper for compiling SourceMod extensions for Linux
Reply With Quote #9

No, it's not something I've touched in the last 6 years, pretty much everything about it is outdated.

The situation with building things has changed significantly in that time and no longer requires obscure tools and versions of compilers - take a look at https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Building_SourceMod, any extension using AMBuild 1 or 2 (which is most of them) is basically the same as building SM itself.