Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?

Post New Thread Reply   

vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 09-01-2007 , 16:03   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliQ View Post
miscstats does not come with amxx. Sorry, but miscstats has to be downloaded seperate from the amxx download.
Okay, that statement was retarded. I hate to break it to you but the CStrike addon IS part of AMX Mod X whether it's included in the base or not. This tutorial takes it for granted that:

a) You are running Counter-Strike as your game.
b) You have fully installed AMX Mod X on your server (including all applicable addons).
Old 09-01-2007 , 17:18   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
Okay, that statement was retarded. I hate to break it to you but the CStrike addon IS part of AMX Mod X whether it's included in the base or not. This tutorial takes it for granted that:

a) You are running Counter-Strike as your game.
b) You have fully installed AMX Mod X on your server (including all applicable addons).
No, the authors assumes:
"First of all, I'll assume you are running the latest AMXX and Metamod; if you aren't, go install them. Need help with that"

You are also wrong that miscstats is part of the amxx download, "comes with"........... it does not come with. It is seperate, period.

The whole purpose of this tutorial is to make this plugin in "dummy proof" for n00bs, not leave them assuming this or that.

And me being a noob, I was scratching my head and going in circles trying to figure out why this wasnt working for my HLDS server. I had to go through about 20 other threads and keep looking at my amxx folders to come to the conclusion I was led astray and could have saved alot of time if people who help and some of the authors wrote better instructions.

(with all these threads, all this collective help, tutorials, sma's to sift through,.....nowhere is it clarified if a person can run the cstrike modules even if they dont run cstrike itself and just want to get some of the functions from these sound plugins to work on basic HLDS. It would be nice to know.)

Anyway the tutorial is flawed. All it would take to alleviate some of the problems here on this whole forum is for people to write better instructions and not fly off the handle at noobs when they get confused. Granted, some thigns are irritating, but if one is going to write a manual for us to RTFM, then it should be detailed correctly.

Last edited by IntelliQ; 09-01-2007 at 17:25.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2007 , 17:38   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliQ View Post
All it would take to alleviate some of the problems here on this whole forum is for people to write better instructions and not fly off the handle at noobs when they get confused. Granted, some thigns are irritating, but if one is going to write a manual for us to RTFM, then it should be detailed correctly.
I couldn't agree more.

However, you're mistaken to say that miscstats does not "come with" AMX Mod X as it is included if you download the Full Installer. In keeping with your above statement, you merely needed to point out that the author should add a note,that in some circumstances, one would need to download the cstrike addon - rather than saying the tutorial as a whole is not "correct".

Last edited by Lee; 09-02-2007 at 00:59.
IntelliQ
Old 09-01-2007 , 20:47   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #54

I had the amxx "base" installer, which doesnt have them. I went to look up the full installer, and yes - the misctats is in that package. Got it, thank you. There appears to be a few versions of amxx packages. ;)

Im just frustrated over not being able to get killstreak sounds working or MP3 plugins to work for regular good ole fashion HLDS.

Ive spent countless hours messing around with it, on and off over the last year.
(I do have some experience here, Ive run my own server for a few years now and in most cases things go smoothly)

And to be honest, too many of these plugins have horrible documentation, and the answers to two simple questions keep going unanswered for them. Then I see another plugin that may have hope, and again, documentation wasnt precise and I spend another half day messing around with this plugin, all for naught.
ZiB
Old 12-12-2007 , 16:32   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #55

Where do we put the precache.ini file?
BadAzZ
Old 12-14-2007 , 18:51   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #56

Where do i get impressive.wav? i cant find it anywhere.
I <3 Mac
Old 12-14-2007 , 19:00   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #57

Search the below terms on google (this searches fast dl sites and stuff):

"index of misc/impressive.wav"
Old 12-18-2007 , 21:15   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiB View Post
Where do we put the precache.ini file?
Anyone?
Old 12-23-2007 , 23:20   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #59

Can please anyone tell me where that file goes.

Thanks
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-23-2007 , 23:49   Re: Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #60

Read the plugins topic idiot. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=26784

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).