Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Medkit Density (2010-06-18)

Post New Thread Reply   

Tonton Zen
Old 04-07-2022 , 10:37   Re: [L4D2] Medkit Density (2010-06-18)
Reply With Quote #91

Hello everyone.

I have been reworking this plugin a lot and use it on our servers all the time.

I corrected the rejection reason as well.

I extended the plugin so that it can take into account the amount of real players connected for >4 playerslots to adapt the amount of kits on the start and saferoom.

It is not a complete rewrite, but a deep overhaul, also the syntax has been upgraded to the more recent syntax.

I am currently on sourcemod 11 and it works like a charm there, so I assume it also works fine on SM 10.

I regularly work on it at times.

Things that should work but I never tested: replacing kits by pills/defib/nothing.

I read some older comments where people complain about bots' behavior. This plugin does nothing for/with bots. Also, the option to add kits for 5+ players will only do so for real survivor players. If you want to test this standalone with 5 bots, you will not get 2 extra kits at the saferoom. You have to be real players to be taken into account.

I added extended debugging logging if you want to see in your SM log when it does what to try and understand its behaviour. I did this to troubleshoot and debug stuff myself. If you want to pick up the development of this plugin, then I recommend setting the debug level to 2 for all details.

Have fun.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2medkitdensity.sp - 261 views - 31.2 KB)
File Type: smx l4d2medkitdensity.smx (11.7 KB, 123 views)
caphao1101
Old 10-05-2023 , 10:54   Re: [L4D2] Medkit Density (2010-06-18)
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonton Zen View Post
Hello everyone.

I have been reworking this plugin a lot and use it on our servers all the time.

I corrected the rejection reason as well.

I extended the plugin so that it can take into account the amount of real players connected for >4 playerslots to adapt the amount of kits on the start and saferoom.

It is not a complete rewrite, but a deep overhaul, also the syntax has been upgraded to the more recent syntax.

I am currently on sourcemod 11 and it works like a charm there, so I assume it also works fine on SM 10.

I regularly work on it at times.

Things that should work but I never tested: replacing kits by pills/defib/nothing.

I read some older comments where people complain about bots' behavior. This plugin does nothing for/with bots. Also, the option to add kits for 5+ players will only do so for real survivor players. If you want to test this standalone with 5 bots, you will not get 2 extra kits at the saferoom. You have to be real players to be taken into account.

I added extended debugging logging if you want to see in your SM log when it does what to try and understand its behaviour. I did this to troubleshoot and debug stuff myself. If you want to pick up the development of this plugin, then I recommend setting the debug level to 2 for all details.

Have fun.
Is it possible to replace medkit = pill and is it possible to limit it