Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CSPromod on Swift Panel

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-26-2012 , 08:25   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #61

If all you can do is insulting others because they got another opinion you are not worth talking to, but just for you the short story:
Synergy REQUIRES HL2 in order to be run. REQUIRES! No HL2 = NO SYNERGY possible. This i what i'm saying all the time, you have to OWN ALL GAMES that are used with a mod.

And the server of CSPRoMOD REQUIRES that you install CS:S FIRST, then afterwards the orange box for the game.dlls /.so files. NO CS:S files = NO CSPromod!

Last edited by Mordekay; 01-26-2012 at 08:26.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 08:47   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #62

You're the one who threw the first stone. So fuck you dude. Again, fuck you.

You don't even deserve that signature.

So what if it requires the goddamn fucking game? Is it part of their download? FUCKING NO. Please go fuck yourself again.

Everytime I talk to you, I'll tell you to go fuck yourself.

You're dumb.

As per your stupid fucking logic.

NO HL2 = NO SYNERGY
NO HL2 FILES = NO SYNERGY
NO ORANGEBOX = NO CSPROMOD

Guess what Sherlock?

No CSS = NO CSPROMOD
NO CSS FILES = NO SYNERGY
NO ORANGEBOX = NO CSPROMOD

--

The fuck are you gonna tell me next? Red is blue?
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-26-2012 , 08:53   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #63

Did i insult you? Or did i told you to(and now comes a very well known phrase) read the (fucking) manual, neigther did i say you that you got a fuck-face, nor that you should fuck anyone including yourself or whatever. Search the complete forums, you won't find a single insult from me against another user here. All i'm going to tell you is that my next text i wrote will be after i hit that little orange exclamation mark next to your nice text. I do not need to put up something like your behaviour.

Last edited by Mordekay; 01-26-2012 at 08:54.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 09:11   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #64

Yeah I feel insulted. In fact I'm fucking feeling miserable right now. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MISERABLE I FEEL RIGHT NOW. I HAVE TEARS RUNNING DOWN MY CHEEK and my face is red. I feel like the whole world is falling apart. Nobody loves me. Nobody cares for me. I wanna /.

NOW EVERYONE I WILL AFFECT EVERYONE IN OUR MEETING. That nice lady that always says good morning to me? Yeah I won't greet her back. My fishes? Yeah I won't feed them today.

ALL BECAUSE SOMEONE TOLD ME TO READ THE FUCKING...AGREEMENT.

Your move.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-26-2012 , 09:14   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #65

It doesn't matter what content the server is using, as long as it isn't then distributing the content to connecting clients without said content (which CSPromod doesn't appear to do). There is no issue here.

Stop with the childish back-and-forth insults, is it really that hard to not respond and just report the post?
You've both been members for almost 6 years, you know the rules, grow up.

Last edited by asherkin; 01-26-2012 at 09:15.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-26-2012 , 09:23   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #66

The issue is the use of CS:S material for a server that does not run CS:S.
The license agreement is clear in that.

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-26-2012 , 09:27   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
The issue is the use of CS:S material for a server that does not run CS:S.
The license agreement is clear that you can't reproduce or distribute the content, they are doing neither.
Old 01-26-2012 , 09:31   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #68

"Solely to licensed end users" is the point. You have to make sure that the game you use to create your mod is owned by the client, they do nothing into this direction.

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-26-2012 , 09:36   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
"Solely to licensed end users" is the point. You have to make sure that the game you use to create your mod is owned by the client, they do nothing into this direction.
They don't distribute the content from the server to the client, the client gets it from Steam's filesystem store directly, which requires the players to own the game the content is from.

Anyone who hasn't explicitly broken the EULA is a licensed user of the server-side content download from HLDSUpdateTool, it doesn't matter if they own the game on Steam, that's only for the client-specific files in the client-only depot.
Old 01-26-2012 , 09:54   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #70

And back to: "You may use the Valve Dedicated Server software on an unlimited number of computers for the purpose of hosting online multiplayer games of Valve products."
Any mod available on steam, no matter if payed or not REQUIRES that you own the game on which it is build up. In order to run the server for CSPromod you NEED CS:S material. As per the wiki of CSPRomod you DON'T need to own CS:S ALTOUGH you need CS:S material to run the server. You breake the license in that moment you use the HLDS software at that point you use code for a game you do not own. The content for a CS:S server is only to be used for a CS:S server. That's the same with plugins tat unlock cz bot's or hostage behaviour on a cs1.6 server. You don't distribute anything to the client, everything is handled on the server, or has this become legal somewhen?