Post New Thread Reply   

xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:11   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Omg, how many times ....?
You need models and material from CS:S, this IS infact licensed code and solely for the use with COUNTER-STRIKE Source, NOT CSPrommod!
How are you going to explain Garry's Mod then? It's released game on Steam, and does basicly the same just like CSPromod. Following your logic Garry's mod is not "legal" too.
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:13   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #52

Ares, Valve does not care about so many things, still this forum does (at least sometimes)

Edit:
xPaw Really? Reading who published this mod would tell you that you are wrong: Publisher: Valve. They surely are allowed to sell their own content and license it with another game.

Last edited by Mordekay; 01-26-2012 at 07:16.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:18   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #53

Actually I don't feel like playing Gmod now. Let's just play Synergy. It's like HL2 but COOP baby! You can even download it off Steam. Check it out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17520/

Because you're basically playing HL2 except with a bro!

………..
……………….__
…………./´¯/‘…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./‘/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..(’(…´…´…. ¯~/‘…’)
………\……………..‘…../
……….’’…\………. _.·´
…………\…………..(
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:22   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
Actually I don't feel like playing Gmod now. Let's just play Synergy. It's like HL2 but COOP baby! You can even download it off Steam. Check it out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17520/

Because you're basically playing HL2 except with a bro!
See, you can find a lot of examples where content from other valve's game is being used.

Quote:
xPaw Really? Reading who published this mod would tell you that you are wrong: Publisher: Valve. They surely are allowed to sell their own content and license it with another game.
Mislooked the publisher, however if we still follow your logic, it's not legal.

Quote:
Omg, how many times ....?
You need models and material from CS:S, this IS infact licensed code and solely for the use with COUNTER-STRIKE Source, NOT CSPrommod!

Last edited by xPaw; 01-26-2012 at 07:23.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:28   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #55

Now we start with the gold-scales, do we?
Sorry that my english skills suck like hell, but again: Valve can do what they want. If they want to use CS:S Material for another game they can do that. In case of Gmod you don't need to install CS:S onto your server first, you ONLY install GMOD.
And with "You" i was talking about YOU, the guy that downloads a game that he does not own to install a server althogh the license agreement clearly says that you are only allowed to use this content for a CS:S server. No one asks if you play on the server, just for WHAT GOD DAMN REASON you download that stuff!

P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:36   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #56

CSP doesn't distribute the CSS files together with let's say...their installer (CSPROMOD.tar.gz). You need to have it already in your Steam directory a.k.aa. owning the game in order to play CSP.

When you create a cs promod server you do the ff.

1. Download hlds, install steam <- still legal
2. Do a game update css <- still legal
3. Then you copy/paste the mod (CSPROMOD.tar.gz) and mount it <- still legal.

There are many mods are there that are on Steam right now that's basically doing this. I just gave you one example. Synergy.

Last edited by P4rD0nM3; 01-26-2012 at 07:42.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:39   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #57

It's also completely legal to download hldsupdatetool without a Steam account and use it. It has it's own user agreement.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:43   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #58

You forgot 4.
4. using licensed CS:S stuff for another game ILLEGAL. Read the fucking license agreement!
As you are new to this thread:
Quote:
Your Subscription(s) may contain access to the Valve software development kit (the "SDK") for the computer game engine used in Half-Life 2 and other compatible Valve products (the "Source Engine"). You may use, reproduce and modify the SDK on a non-commercial basis solely to develop a modified game (a "Mod") for Half-Life 2 or other Valve products compatible with and using the Source Engine. You may reproduce and distribute the Mod in object code form, solely to licensed end users of Half-Life 2 or other compatible Valve products, provided that the Mod is made publicly available and distributed without charge on a non-commercial basis
Is someone that uses tf2 with cspromod a licensed CS:S user? No he isn't!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
It's also completely legal to download hldsupdatetool without a Steam account and use it. It has it's own user agreement.
In which is exactly this license agreement

Last edited by Mordekay; 01-26-2012 at 07:44.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 07:50   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #59

No you read the motherfucking license agreement you fuck face. I just gave you a game that uses licensed HL2 files a.k.a. the motherfucking Synergy game.

Now you go and pretend you're some hot shit lawyer ok pal? Because I'm playing Synergy right now.

In short, you just got owned in this fucking thread.

Cry more. Mr. lawyer.

Stop using profanity too. I say a lot more fucking bad words than you and your family combined. Not once did I used it when I was talking to you. Why? Because it's not needed.

Now I will use it again.

GO FUCK YOURSELF. You're fucking making me troll you. Stop using profanity when you're trying to prove a point.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 08:09   Re: CSPromod on Swift Panel
Reply With Quote #60

The CSPROMOD (client and server) itself does not contain any CSS files. If they started doing that, then that could probably be illegal because they are giving away files that could other wise only be obtained by owning a CSS. I'll say it again, the CSS files is not part of their mod. You go and get those files yourself.

Last edited by P4rD0nM3; 01-26-2012 at 08:10.