Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Missing texture error / different filesize locally?

Post New Thread Reply   

Yundaz
Old 04-08-2020 , 11:13   Missing texture error / different filesize locally?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there,

I'm experiencing an issue where I've managed to enable downloads from the server to my local csgo (client)

I couldn't not figure out why I receive the files from the server to the client and still have missing texture errors but now I see that the difference in file size is massive.

Anybody knows what could be wrong with transfering the downloads to the client and not fully sending?

This is in my server.cfg

sv_downloadurl "http://gtcsgo.epizy.com/csgo/"
sv_allowupload "1"
sv_allowdownload "0"

When I only had these commands in my cfg file it didnt work and in my csgo console the downloads were all errors. However when I also added these to my cfg/gamemode_competitive.cfg file
then it worked?... is this how it should be?

Hope somebody can solve this problem, Cheers!
Yundaz
Old 04-08-2020 , 12:51   Re: Missing texture error / different filesize locally?
Reply With Quote #2

I have just fixed this issue by switching host platforms weirdly enough nothing more...

I switched from infinity to 000webhost.com Their free plan seems to work just fine.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-08-2020 , 13:05   Re: Missing texture error / different filesize locally?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yundaz View Post
Their free plan seems to work just fine.
9/10, if not 10/10, of those hosting providers with free plans have pointers in their terms of service disallowing you from using the "free" space for things like storage and content hosting like you do with a sv_downloadurl.

"Free", "unlimited", ... whatever, typically comes with way more strict usage policies, such as for example the storage / download part.

It might work well for years, but you should *NEVER* expect those "free" hosting providers to continue to work continuously, when you are using them like this.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].