Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade

Post New Thread Reply   

OneEyedJacks
Old 02-22-2021 , 16:53   [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there,

I have been trawling through this forum, the internet and the Russian AMX forums for a HLDM grenade trail plugin for the 9mmAR grenade.

I have only been able to find trails for CS 1.6 and tested them in HL with no sucess, as it is clearly for cs and not HL.

Would someone be able to assist and help create a random coloured grenade trails plugin for the 9mmAR grenade in HLDM?

This would be greatly appreciated and will be used on my Half-Life server forever!

Thank you!!
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2021 , 13:31   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #2

OP4/Half-Life grenade trails
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (op4_argrenade_trace.sma - 114 views - 2.5 KB)

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 03-09-2021 at 23:24. Reason: 182 support
OneEyedJacks
Old 02-24-2021 , 02:53   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #3

You are very kind thank you @DJEarthQuake

It is working well and looks fantastic. I can only get it to run when I put debug after the plugins name in the plugins.ini. However no errors are showing in amx error log. So as far as I am concerned, it works well and I love it.

Thanks again, here are some images of it in action - it is quite blue as my smoke.spr is blue but it turns into a lovely purple colour.

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2021 , 07:30   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #4

These should never be solid blue all the time. Neon multi-colored trails. Possibly another plugin running?

There's a newer version with CVARs if interested.

Early Radioactive spin-off of HL grenade trails.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 03-10-2021 at 12:58. Reason: URL
OneEyedJacks
Old 02-24-2021 , 08:00   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #5

Hi DJEarthQuake,

Yes, I have a blue smoke.spr file already in my client side as it is used for the Gauss and the RPG and now for the grentrails.

I have removed it for now, the plugin is working perfectly.

Last edited by OneEyedJacks; 02-24-2021 at 08:01.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:02
OneEyedJacks
This message has been deleted by OneEyedJacks. Reason: duplicate
OneEyedJacks
Old 02-25-2021 , 02:07   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #6

Hi @DJEarthQuake,

If you can share the version with the CVARS, I would love to do some testing of them.

I am quite interested in width and being able to turn the Hull off.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2021 , 07:11   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks for the interest. Hold down attack2 to 0 the width in real time without CVAR for now when using regular grenade. Focused on other work now. I like to keep it without trail until the last moment as more of a surprise attack. Haven't the time to ready it today. Soon.
Old 02-25-2021 , 14:19   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #8

Great, let me know when ever!

I replaced smoke.spr with laserbeam.spr to avoid my smoke sprites clashing, laserbeam.spr actually looks better... i think.
Old 03-07-2021 , 17:22   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #9

Hey @DJEarthQuake, I can't seem to make this work for OP4, is there anything in particular I need to do in order for this to work with OP4?
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2021 , 06:12   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedJacks View Post
Hey @DJEarthQuake, I can't seem to make this work for OP4, is there anything in particular I need to do in order for this to work with OP4?
find_ent_by_class(-1,"grenade");
find_ent_by_class(-1,"ARgrenade");