Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached

Post New Thread Reply   

CosmicD
Old 04-11-2022 , 03:42   l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #1

There's a plugin called "customize transition entities" that crashes my l4d1 server (with latest sourcemod, dhooks and l4dhooks stable releases) because coffeeammo.mdl isn't precached. If I add a precache function and compile it, the plugin isn't loading anymore (fails because of a reserved memory issue).

Is there a way for me to precache that model another way so the plugin can function correctly ?

thx

Last edited by CosmicD; 04-12-2022 at 05:20.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2022 , 03:47   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #2

https://www.sourcemod.net/plugins.ph...tion=&search=1
Old 04-11-2022 , 04:02   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #3

the problem is that either the plugin listed function like a downloader or is l4d2 only, it doesn't need to have this download function because the file is already in the models dir, I just need the precache function for that model, and the most relevant plugin I see in that list only works on l4d2, that's a bummer.

Last edited by CosmicD; 04-11-2022 at 04:11.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2022 , 04:41   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #4

...even you set game default files into "downloads" plugin, it not harm.
Players do not download same files which they have already.
- Of course, how plugin is made, does it check do loose file exist and don't do anything.

But try this simple plugin, would it help ?
PHP Code:
public void OnConfigsExecuted()
{

PrecacheModel("models/props_unique/spawn_apartment/coffeeammo.mdl");

...if not, then I'm affraid that another plugin need to get model index of precached model. :/
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2022 , 04:56   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #5

You should specify which map transition are you getting the crashes on L4D1 (I mean if is from a specific map, from X to Y you get the crash)

Since the entity transition is not made "by the plugin", any plugin you use may be too late to precache.

Maybe a solution would add a stripper line in global config to always have a coffeeammo.mdl entity in all maps.
Old 04-11-2022 , 05:58   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #6

It crashes in every map which has coffeeammo.mdl in a saferoom. so from NM2/nm3 , DA1/DA2. And it only happens when the "custom transition entities" plugin is active.

I've also noted in the plugin thread, when you make a lobby and start on l4d_hospital03_sewers (with plugin active) medkits and that ammo pot model are not present in the starting saferoom.

I already tried with that "downloader and precacher" plugin but it doesn't really help. Maybe I'll try the stripper route. But something tells me the crash report isn't the whole story.

That plugin (found here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=336896) transfers all physics props by default. But I'm not sure if you should exclude some (since they are already transferred by default)

As a test: How would I go about trying to replace the coffeeammo.mdl with the ammo pile, Stripper seems kinda complicated and I wouldn't know what arguments to use even the examples are kinda vague, I'd probably not do it right.

Last edited by CosmicD; 04-11-2022 at 08:16.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2022 , 08:21   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #7

Well, I may be wrong but first, you need to understand what is the concept of "transition".

If you start a map from "0", no matter the chapter, won't have the "transition" entities, cause transition means that it "copy paste" from one map to another, during map ending. (aka reaching the safe-room)

This is very noticeable in L4D2 on hard rain map, where you start from a map, and the ending map is the starting one.
If you debug the items during the maps you will notice that a lot of them are carried over the maps, but starting from Finale map won't.

The stripper may work but may lead to other models precache issues.

If you aren't able to do the stripper tell me.
And also some feedback if it works or not.

I'm not a pro on this stuff but I already fixed some things in the past with stripper.

Some models don't crash cause the game already precaches it internally on every map.
(I mean, some models are supposed to be already precached in all maps, hard-coded)

Probably the coffee isn't (don't know why, a mistake from the dev team).

Last edited by Marttt; 04-11-2022 at 08:22.
CosmicD
Old 04-11-2022 , 08:37   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #8

problem is that from the examples I've seen of stripper I'm not sure how to do it. I can modify configuration files, because they are simple and direct but when it becomes a bit too programmer-ish, its abstract and chineese to me. I've not seen an example on how to "replace x model with y" for that weapon class.

It would be ideal to be able to just swap the coffeeammo.mdl with the ammo pile. Could somebody help with a stripper code for that ?
Old 04-11-2022 , 08:44   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #9

Try adding this to global_filters.cfg

PHP Code:
add:
{

"origin" "-9999 -9999 -9999"
    "model" "models/props_unique/spawn_apartment/coffeeammo.mdl"
    "classname" "weapon_ammo_spawn"

Last edited by Marttt; 04-11-2022 at 08:45.
CosmicD
Old 04-11-2022 , 09:18   Re: l4d server crashed cofeeammo.mdl because it's not precached
Reply With Quote #10

Unfortunately it still crashes, now the crash report reads "This crash was caused by a plugin trying to spawn an incorrectly configured entity.
https://crash.limetech.org/5atgtkzj4wym

The coffeeammo model thing might have been misleading also and indicates something else ? I'm not sure. But it was very noticable that only saferooms with that model would cause crash when transitioning.

Last edited by CosmicD; 04-11-2022 at 09:45.