Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods

Post New Thread Reply   

Blinx
Old 07-21-2022 , 11:43   [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #1

FF2: Taunt Kill Mods

A plugin that provides various functionality around Taunt Kills so they feel more suitable for FF2

Features
  • Modifies Taunt Kill damage against bosses so it deals a more "fair" amount of damage for the risk involved. The formula used is (Fixed Damage (750.0 default) + Boss Health Percentage (20% default)) x Taunt Kill Multiplier. This damage is capped at 9001
  • The Taunt Kill multiplier is higher for riskier Taunt Kills, i.e., the Soldier's Kamikaze taunt is 1.5 (+50% damage) as it usually causes him to suicide
  • Adds a cooldown for the Huntsman taunt to prevent single person stun locking, default is 5.0 seconds
  • Enables the Shred Alert to Taunt Kill, an explosion happens after 3.1 seconds, this works for the boss too
  • Announces Taunt Kills with text on screen and a sound. The text reads as: "<Taunt Killer> got a taunt kill against <Boss> for <Damage> damage!"
  • Saying "Pootis Pow!" as the Heavy causes a temporary dispenser to spawn where he is looking. This is done by using the "Put Dispenser Here" voiceline shortly after starting his Showdown taunt
  • All features of this plugin can be turned on or off individually, as well as modifying values using the provided CFG.

Commands
  • "tkm_reload" will reload the CFG file, this is done automatically at the start of every map

Installation
  • Place "ff2_tauntkillmods.sp" into "sourcemod\scripting"
  • Place "ff2_tauntkillmods.smx" into "sourcemod\plugins"
  • Place "tauntkillmods.cfg" into "sourcemod\data\freak_fortress_2"

Updates
  • 1.0 - Initial release
  • 1.1 - Fixed some demo weapons causing taunt kill events on normal swings
  • 1.2 - Fixed potential crash if the plugin can't find the CFG file
  • 1.3 - Fixed a weird interaction with the scorch shot always doing taunt kill damage, added "DamageThreshold" to CFG

Enjoy and happy Taunt Killing!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ff2_tauntkillmods.sp - 50 views - 21.6 KB)
File Type: smx ff2_tauntkillmods.smx (19.7 KB, 61 views)
File Type: cfg tauntkillmods.cfg (2.7 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Blinx; 07-25-2022 at 16:31.
Samuwu
Old 07-21-2022 , 12:12   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #2

My goodness, this seems actually cool for improving tauntkills on FF2! Amazing subplugin!

But (just curious), did you make this compatible for FF2-Rewrite? or...
Old 07-21-2022 , 12:37   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuwu View Post
My goodness, this seems actually cool for improving tauntkills on FF2! Amazing subplugin!

But (just curious), did you make this compatible for FF2-Rewrite? or...
Thank you!

I haven't tested that, the only FF2 functions this uses are:

PHP Code:
FF2_GetBossIndex();
FF2_GetBossMaxHealth(); 
If those are still the same then it should still work!
Tim q
Old 07-21-2022 , 18:12   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #4

Interesting subplugin
GANGST
Old 07-21-2022 , 20:26   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #5

Ah you added an cooldown to the Hunstman to prevent stun locking? Nice. Before this what I did with one of my hales (Bonk Girl) is being very “clever” with the “damage causes airblast” weapon attribute and putting that on her sandman. That was a way I countered stun locking against my hale but I really like the hunstman cooldown.

Come visit my Second/Professional YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1...VYNnRZxTWyIVjg

Last edited by GANGST; 07-21-2022 at 20:26.
Blinx
Old 07-22-2022 , 11:46   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #6

Important Update: fixed some demo weapons causing taunt kill events on normal swings (Thank you valve for calling normal weapon swings "decapitation")
GANGST
Old 07-23-2022 , 00:35   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #7

Hello Blink, I don't know if I just did it wrong, but when I added your subplugin to my server this error showed up in the console.

L 07/23/2022 - 04:29:44: [ff2_tauntkillmods.smx] [FF2 Taunt Kill Mods] Could not load cfg file -- using defaults
FATAL ERROR: Host_Error: CEngineSoundServer:recacheSound: Bad string:

Come visit my Second/Professional YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1...VYNnRZxTWyIVjg
Blinx
Old 07-23-2022 , 05:47   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANGST View Post
Hello Blink, I don't know if I just did it wrong, but when I added your subplugin to my server this error showed up in the console.

L 07/23/2022 - 04:29:44: [ff2_tauntkillmods.smx] [FF2 Taunt Kill Mods] Could not load cfg file -- using defaults
FATAL ERROR: Host_Error: CEngineSoundServer:recacheSound: Bad string:
Ah does it crash when that happens? That error is happening because it can't find the CFG file which is included in the post, and it needs to be placed in "sourcemod/data/freak_fortress_2/" for it to get loaded.
Blinx
Old 07-23-2022 , 05:57   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #9

1.2 update: hopefully fixed potential issues related to plugin not being able to find cfg file. If your plugin is running fine and you use the cfg file already there is no urgency to update.
Blinx
Old 07-25-2022 , 16:32   Re: [Subplugin] Taunt Kill Mods
Reply With Quote #10

1.3 update: fixed a weird interaction with the scorch shot which would cause it to deal taunt kill damage all the time at any range. Added "DamageThreshold" to the CFG as a precaution.