Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CSGO] Unable to join my own external IP. Need pfSense guru

Post New Thread Reply   

Krelle1911
Old 09-25-2022 , 11:40   [CSGO] Unable to join my own external IP. Need pfSense guru
Reply With Quote #1

Hi

I'm running a dediserver at home on my 1gig connection, and today I changed from my netgear router, to a powerfull pfSense router.

After changing router, I am now unable to join my own CSGO servers through the public IP. I could do that before on my Netgear router.

I am still able to connect via the local IP, and other people can join via public IP.

What part of firewall / setting is blocking me for joining my own public IP?
Old 09-25-2022 , 13:22   Re: [CSGO] Unable to join my own external IP. Need pfSense guru
Reply With Quote #2

...what wrong using LAN ip ?
Old 09-25-2022 , 13:38   Re: [CSGO] Unable to join my own external IP. Need pfSense guru
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
...what wrong using LAN ip ?
Please dont spam offtopic in my thread. PM me for offtopic questions.
Old 12-17-2022 , 00:41   Re: [CSGO] Unable to join my own external IP. Need pfSense guru
Reply With Quote #4

what wrong using LAN IP?
and your problem may be nat loopback/nat reflection, nat reflection is not the default option by pfsense.
maybe you can check this thing out
nark
Old 01-11-2023 , 04:37   Re: [CSGO] Unable to join my own external IP. Need pfSense guru
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krelle1911 View Post
Hi

I'm running a dediserver at home on my 1gig connection, and today I changed from my netgear router, to a powerfull pfSense router.

After changing router, I am now unable to join my own CSGO servers through the public IP. I could do that before on my Netgear router.

I am still able to connect via the local IP, and other people can join via public IP.

What part of firewall / setting is blocking me for joining my own public IP?
You need to forward 27015 port to the local IP of the csgo server (192.168....) from the pfsense admin panel
rumble06
Old 02-03-2023 , 10:18   Re: [CSGO] Unable to join my own external IP. Need pfSense guru
Reply With Quote #6

I know this is an older topic, but since this was already bumped recently and not marked as solved, I will leave an answer.

What you are looking for is to set up a hairpin nat rule. This will allow you to access the WAN (public ip) from inside the private network managed by pfsense. Easiest way to do it in pfsense is through NAT Reflection, for which you can find documentation here: https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/...-networks.html and https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/...eflection.html
Krelle1911
Old 02-11-2023 , 16:14   Re: [CSGO] Unable to join my own external IP. Need pfSense guru
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumble06 View Post
I know this is an older topic, but since this was already bumped recently and not marked as solved, I will leave an answer.

What you are looking for is to set up a hairpin nat rule. This will allow you to access the WAN (public ip) from inside the private network managed by pfsense. Easiest way to do it in pfsense is through NAT Reflection, for which you can find documentation here: https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/...-networks.html and https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/...eflection.html
Thanks a lot. Solved.