Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Map change = 100% cpu + server freezes

Post New Thread Reply   

Nbanow
Old 11-22-2022 , 09:11   Map change = 100% cpu + server freezes
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. I'm hosting 4x 1.6 servers. Only two are performing weirdly when map iss changing. When the map finishes, TAB score table stops latency from changing, it's changing about 20-30 seconds, most of the times everyone are getting overflows. Tried changing mp_chattime to a low value cuz I thought this might be the reason at first but I've noticed that CPU for the server jumps to 100% during the map change and cause big lags for the rest of the servers. I also tried disabling plugin by plugin but i've ended up with disabling all of them and still getting this weird performance. I also didn't applied any changes and this started acting like that, we've just moved to another provider (ovh).
VPS is Linux, Ubuntu 20.4, 16GB ram, 8 vCores.

Any insights, suggestions? Maybe our plan isn't even enough to run 4x servers when each has 10+ players and one is almost full?
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2022 , 13:55   Re: Map change = 100% cpu + server freezes
Reply With Quote #2

8 cores is more than enough to run 10 full cs 1.6 servers. Your issue lies in configuration.
Old 11-23-2022 , 02:54   Re: Map change = 100% cpu + server freezes
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you for the answer. I'm a bit lost now, because ovh supporter answered me that our current plan with mentioned specs are not ideal for hosting any type of games. However, your message made me feel better cuz today we were considering about switching it to a dedicated server instead then. Maybe they took me took me wrong and thought I'm talking about 4 servers of CSGO.

Since you are saying it's an issue somewhere in my configuration could you show me the directions to go? Since it's not the fault of AMXX plugins I don't know where should I look for a solution.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2022 , 06:36   Re: Map change = 100% cpu + server freezes
Reply With Quote #4

Can you provide more info?

What plugins, meta list, etc. ?
Could just be a plugin that has mp_chatime greater than 5 seconds.
Old 12-12-2022 , 05:13   Re: Map change = 100% cpu + server freezes
Reply With Quote #5

Thank you, found the problem. Plugin was flooding the vault.ini especially during the map change.
zipree
Old 12-13-2022 , 02:32   Re: Map change = 100% cpu + server freezes
Reply With Quote #6

Burger King's team suggests customers contact their local restaurant for location-specific breakfast serving hours, or use the company’s app. According to Burger King’s public relations department, “Breakfast hours vary by franchised location. burger king breakfast menu
losinn
Old 01-04-2023 , 01:20   Re: Map change = 100% cpu + server freezes
Reply With Quote #7

Peryourhealth is a hospital payment portal where you'll be able to pay bills for your medications from your home or office. Accept All Payment Modes With Domestic and International Credit & Debit cards to pay at peryourhealth