Solokiller
Old 07-10-2017 , 19:00   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #71

I sent your report to Alfred.
PRoSToTeM@
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2017 , 19:30   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #72

The bug with %s0 is located in CLocalizedStringTable::ConstructString. It checks that X in "%sX" is less or equal than the numFormatParameters, but doesn't check that X > 0.
When there is no "%sX" (but just "%s" or something else) in message then the client uses snwprintf. But snwprintf doesn't support the argument count check like ConstructString, so swnprintf can get the garbage from the stack and crash the client. So there should be used custom snwprintf implementation with argument count checking (they can copy code from CLocalizedStringTable::ConstructString and change the part of code with positional %s).

Last edited by PRoSToTeM@; 07-10-2017 at 20:06.
Send a message via ICQ to PRoSToTeM@ Send a message via Skype™ to PRoSToTeM@
azim
Old 07-12-2017 , 05:36   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #73

chat broken after update:chat bug s1:s2
SpawnerF
Old 07-12-2017 , 16:01   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by azim View Post
chat broken after update:chat bug s1:s2
this should be okey until they fix it :

Code:
/* First, save the file !   -   Sublime AMXX Editor v1.9 */ #include <amxmodx> #pragma semicolon 1 new Trie:_hashList; new const    _getResult[][][] = {       { "#Cstrike_Chat_CT",         "^x01(Counter-Terrorist)^x01"},       { "#Cstrike_Chat_CT_Dead",    "^x01*DEAD* (Counter-Terrorist)^x01"},       { "#Cstrike_Chat_All",        "^x03"},       { "#Cstrike_Chat_Spec",       "^x01(Spectator)^x01"},       { "#Cstrike_Chat_T",          "^x01(Terrorist)^x01"},       { "#Cstrike_Chat_T_Dead",     "^x01*DEAD* (Terrorist)^x01"},       { "#Cstrike_Chat_AllDead",    "^x01*DEAD*^x01"},       { "#Cstrike_Chat_AllSpec",    "^x01*SPEC*^x01"}    } ; public plugin_end( )       TrieDestroy( _hashList ); public plugin_precache()   register_message(get_user_msgid("SayText"),"sayText_LastBuild_Hook"); public plugin_init(){        register_plugin("Some shit", "1.0", "Spawner & SkillartzHD");        _hashList = TrieCreate();    for(new i; i < sizeof _getResult; i++)       TrieSetString(  _hashList, _getResult[i][0], _getResult[i][1] );     } public sayText_LastBuild_Hook(  ){        // Isn't is user connected (->ingame) already checked?    new _getMessage[ 192 ];    read_args(_getMessage, charsmax(_getMessage));        new _getType[ 24 ], _userName[ 32 ], _output[ 34 ];        get_msg_arg_string(2, _getType, charsmax(_getType));    get_user_name( get_msg_arg_int(1), _userName, charsmax(_userName) );    TrieGetString( _hashList, _getType, _output, charsmax(_output) );        replace(_getMessage, charsmax(_getMessage), "^"", "");    format(_getMessage, charsmax(_getMessage), "%s ^x03%s : ^x01%s", _output,  _userName, _getMessage);        !equali(_getType,"#Cstrike_Name_Change") ? set_msg_arg_string( 2, _getMessage ) : 1;  //#'" Somehow there is a unknown bug changing name which displace name :" xx, so this line code will fix it.     }

Last edited by SpawnerF; 07-12-2017 at 18:40.
BHQRicy
Old 07-16-2017 , 12:05   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #75

Anyone test SpawnerF´s fix ?
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2017 , 10:27   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #76

Another update has been released with no changelog. They probably fixed it.
Old 07-17-2017 , 10:47   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #77

The only changes i see were to correct the removal of the games from some of the packs. It broke a bunch of stuff. Steam hasn't downloaded anything either.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-17-2017 , 12:28   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #78

What do you mean with "removal of games"?
Old 07-17-2017 , 12:39   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #79

Somebody at Valve accidentally removed a couple games from packages and caused games to disappear from people's games list. Mods were also affected. They undid the changes, you can check it on SteamDB.
krysteksulek
Old 07-19-2017 , 12:16   Re: Open Source Half-Life Engine
Reply With Quote #80

Unfortunately Spawner's version sometimes causes server crash with message:
Code:
Refusing to send user message SayText of 194 bytes to client, user message size limit is 192 bytes
Random crashes started exacly when i installed this plugin. Any fixes?