Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

MeatGrinder
Old 01-18-2007 , 00:54   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

It seems that PTBx needs a few fixes, that can be considered major fixes:

-Issues with auto-assigning and switching players who have cl_restrict_server_commands set to 1. Instead of switching them to the proper team causing the skin shooser to come up, it shows the team selection menu, and you have to select the team that PTBx want you to go on, otherwise your player remains frozen.

-Switching the terrorist with the bomb to CT. A fix would be to cause the player to drop the bomb if they have it before being switched. This is what the mani admin plugin "swapteam" command does to prevent this.

These are the only problems I've had thus far. No crashes or anything, and I have run it on both Linux and Windows for a quite significant amount of time on a very busy server.

Another thought, you could possibly work with Mani to possibly even integrate PTBx into the Mani Admin Plugin, and at the same time fix the standalone version of PTBx. Mani has got it down when it comes to bypassing cl_restrict_server_commands problems, as well as the bomb swapping problem.

Last edited by MeatGrinder; 01-18-2007 at 00:57.
tron73
Old 01-21-2007 , 12:03   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

I would like to use a SourceMM-Version of ptbx. The valve-plugin produces crashes sometimes. Sorry for re-asking, Bail, but, is the work in progress?

Debian LAMP
AMD 64 3700+
2xCS:S
Send a message via ICQ to tron73
Vinas
Old 01-23-2007 , 16:24   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

I believe he is working on a Source MM version. No word for a release date as of yet,.
Dustin
Old 01-27-2007 , 11:50   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

There is a new problem with latest 17th of Jan -07 update with PTBx. The bomb getting swapped is nothing new, but it happens more and more these days. Main problem now is, for example that CT gets swapped to T-base, but the CT stays as CT, while the others are in team T. This of course, causes massive slaugher on T-base, if no one notices the CT there.

In short: Not only bomb gets swapped to CT - but now a guy who gets swapped may be in wrong team at wrong base.

We had this happen twice on same day, so i had to stop using PTBx for now. :/
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2007 , 15:04   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

BAILOPAN has been very busy with SourceMod stuff recently, so he doesn't have much an opportunity to work on this for now.
tron73
Old 01-27-2007 , 19:48   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
BAILOPAN has been very busy with SourceMod stuff recently, so he doesn't have much an opportunity to work on this for now.
It is a good-hear, that Good ol' Bail is working in / for / at sourcemod

Debian LAMP
AMD 64 3700+
2xCS:S
Send a message via ICQ to tron73
Tirppa
Old 01-28-2007 , 06:24   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

Anyone notice that PTBx doesn't work with new zBlock. Not very nice. I would like to use both
Dustin
Old 01-28-2007 , 11:43   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
That is already old info and well known too. Just that there are 0 good team balancers which balance according to kills/deaths and not just making team sizes equal like mani-admin-plugin built in does. 20-0 rounds are pain for the losing team and not every server have those brave soldiers who dont care if they lose stats or not. Those statwhores will never join losing team.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2007 , 02:54   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

Old info? The sourcemod sdk came out yesterday or the day before...he's REALLY busy with SourceMod.

You might be thinking of SourceMM which has been out for a while, SourceMod is coming out very soon since said SDK was released.

And glittermod has an overwin feature if one team is winning by "x" amount of rounds the map is force changed (no votes) and a team balancer similar to (but not the same as) ptbx.
XAD
Old 04-12-2007 , 11:29   Re: Fixed Binaries, Part 2 (Dec 11, 2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
I hope to be able to get real builds out again soon, but it is possible I won't be able to do it until after the holiday season.
Did you guys/girls get a new version of PTBx?

/X