Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)

Post New Thread Reply   

BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2013 , 01:15   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #281

The issue is probably at the plugin level, to start with. It's no big deal. I'm happy with the web page. It is just a small issue, and my comment was just an observation.

The database does not get the information about crafting the specialized or professional killstreak kit from the fabricators. There is a message in the chat window that TF2 reports upon creation of a kit. So it is probably the plugin that doesn't catch this event... not worth the effort to resolve.

ref. http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Ki...Kit_Fabricator
Tamas
Old 01-13-2014 , 17:26   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #282

I do have a feeling about something isn't right, I've got more than 5 drops but only one can be found on the chat (and that one is successfully logged and saved into the database)

So I assume the problem is server / client side related.
Somehow the server is incapable to "get notified" about new item drops. Although it managed to catch but only 1 item drop.

Last edited by Tamas; 01-13-2014 at 17:29.
PolyQuad
Old 01-14-2014 , 11:10   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamas View Post
I do have a feeling about something isn't right, I've got more than 5 drops but only one can be found on the chat (and that one is successfully logged and saved into the database)

So I assume the problem is server / client side related.
Somehow the server is incapable to "get notified" about new item drops. Although it managed to catch but only 1 item drop.
Verify the plugin is loaded up then try and do a trade on your server with someone, it should log that. What do you see when you look directly at the MYSQL Table? I know I have had some issues when my database didnt respond fast enough to do the logging.
Tamas
Old 01-14-2014 , 12:22   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #284

The problem is I did try to trade an item but the server didn't get notified about it (item I was trading for didn't even appear on the chat)

So I guess it's a server related issue. And of course I've accepted my newly received item while i was connected to the server.
EDIT: As far as I know every item I trade/get should always appear on the chat, that's why I'm totally out of ideas.

This is the main reason the script can not save it, because the server is just somehow incapable to get notified about certain item drops which is quite strange.

Last edited by Tamas; 01-14-2014 at 12:24.
PolyQuad
Old 01-14-2014 , 13:37   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #285

Are you running any type of pluging that would suppress that info? What mm and sm are you using?
Tamas
Old 01-14-2014 , 19:53   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #286

I don't run any plugins that would cause problems (only the stock ones)
My metamod and sourcemod is the newest (downloaded both like 4 days ago)

Also the server is under Debian 6.
PolyQuad
Old 01-14-2014 , 20:23   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamas View Post
I don't run any plugins that would cause problems (only the stock ones)
My metamod and sourcemod is the newest (downloaded both like 4 days ago)

Also the server is under Debian 6.
Newest as in stable or dev branch? If you want to PM me the server id be willing to jump on in the next day or so and see if I can help you out, im running tf2 on linux with the latest stables and having no issues with logging.
Tamas
Old 01-15-2014 , 05:59   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #288

Thanks for your help, but I guess I just figured out what was the issue (I'm still not 100% sure but it might have been that)

So the item server in that exact moment was down and thus the server didn't get notified about my new item trade/drop (tf2 item servers are periodically up/down)
OFF: Same issue can be applied to MvM matches - if you win an MvM match on an official server and the item server is down new items wont be received (not even later when it comes back online)

Anyway I'm still testing it and hopefully everything will be okay.
killjoy64
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-30-2014 , 12:38   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #289

I keep getting Unknown column 'itemlogger2_players.avatar' in 'field list' i looked in my database and i dont have a column called avatar.
Old 01-30-2014 , 13:44   Re: [TF2] Item Logger (With Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy64 View Post
I keep getting Unknown column 'itemlogger2_players.avatar' in 'field list' i looked in my database and i dont have a column called avatar.
Then something is probably wrong with your db, i just checked mine and inside the table itemlogger2_players I have an avatar field.

Was this a working instance of logger that just started to get this error or is this the first time you are setting it up?