Raised This Month: $93 Target: $400
 23% 

[TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
lobnico
Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Old 05-16-2013 , 18:55   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9 (beta version 5/15/2013)
Reply With Quote #11

T y! I made this plugin a bit time ago with tf2items but I made a releasable almost really stable version

Last crash have been remove yesterday(backstab protection ability destroy current weapon, then...
as it was put on player entity... );
since no crash within hours and tons of upgrades with 7-11 players on test server.

Any attributes from items_game.txt might be added to the attribute lists. So color tint, particles is
easy to put/link in cfg lists.

A new feature is almost done, which is increase costs of upgrades after each level,
as a definable option for each attribute in cfg, so some
gameplay is more smooth and really interesting as teams gain more and more money.

But I really hope to see this tested on a larger server ! I might add more features and put updated
cfg files with lot more upgrades, but still a lot need to be tested/balanced first.
Well, version 0.9.1 is coming soon!
__________________

Last edited by lobnico; 05-20-2013 at 13:43. Reason: I meant version 0.9.1
lobnico is offline
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Old 05-18-2013 , 14:40   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9 (beta version 5/15/2013)
Reply With Quote #12

Thanks for creating and sharing this. I will test it on our 24 slot server and let you know how it works out. The other plugin (Universal Upgrades) made the server crash. Hope this one works out.
__________________
eraserhead is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
lobnico
Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Old 05-20-2013 , 13:35   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.1 (beta version 5/20/2013)
Reply With Quote #13

Well that would be awesome! I think I've pinned the last crash-bug possibily;
(backstab shield attribute) then
I tried my best to try to crash the server but even with 10 players upgrading like crazy with infinite cash, round restarts, map changes.... Nothing moved!

So 0.9.1 seems to works nice..
__________________
lobnico is offline
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Old 05-20-2013 , 17:19   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.1 (beta version 5/20/2013)
Reply With Quote #14

I'm testing the plugin right now and i'm trying to set these cvar's so players don't get the buy menu each time they spawn and don't see that dominant purple text.

Quote:
!nohelp: remove the annoying hud message telling this is modded server
!ushelp: display mod help in the chat
!usrspwn 0 | 1 (def 1): diable/enable buymenu shows when respawns
!usdteamup 0 | 1 (def 1):diable/enable team upgrades display in chat
But what are the actual cvars for this? When i set these in the server.cfg they don't work.

Also i love how you can see how many credits you have in the right side of the screen. It would be really cool if you could use the money hud from mvm though...

Is there a possiblity you can change the plugin so it remembers what you have upgraded for each class? Right now when i switch to another class and then back to the previous i have to upgrade everything again...

edit:

Some other suggestions:

-if you set a setting to 0 credits for instance i set a teamkill to 0 credits, it would be cool if this could NOT be displayed in chat. Right now it says you got 0 credits for a teamkill
-I seriously recommend some kind of maximum value for each upgrade. I could upgrade the damage on my rocket launcher so far that every rocket was an instakill
__________________

Last edited by eraserhead; 05-20-2013 at 19:45.
eraserhead is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
lobnico
Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Old 05-21-2013 , 11:34   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.1 (beta version 5/20/2013)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
I'm testing the plugin right now and i'm trying to set these cvar's so players don't get the buy menu each time they spawn and don't see that dominant purple text.

Quote:
!nohelp: remove the annoying hud message telling this is modded server
!ushelp: display mod help in the chat
!usrspwn 0 | 1 (def 1): diable/enable buymenu shows when respawns
!usdteamup 0 | 1 (def 1):diable/enable team upgrades display in chat
But what are the actual cvars for this? When i set these in the server.cfg they don't work.
Oh these are client cmds...
Forgot to put them to 0 by def; and forgot the cvars associated...
This will be included in next release

Quote:
Also i love how you can see how many credits you have in the right side of the screen. It would be really cool if you could use the money hud from mvm though...
Mhh, I'm don't know how do to this... Would be nice though


Quote:
Is there a possiblity you can change the plugin so it remembers what you have upgraded for each class? Right now when i switch to another class and then back to the previous i have to upgrade everything again...
Is possible, but a bit complicated

Quote:
-if you set a setting to 0 credits for instance i set a teamkill to 0 credits, it would be cool if this could NOT be displayed in chat. Right now it says you got 0 credits for a teamkill
This bug will be corrected in next release


Quote:
-I seriously recommend some kind of maximum value for each upgrade. I could upgrade the damage on my rocket launcher so far that every rocket was an instakill
-Maxvalues are editable in uu_attributes.txt config files.
The config files given here are more example of supported attributes, and their "possible" max value.

Also found a rare error/bug where upgrades don t stick on a weapon, on map/fullround reload
__________________
lobnico is offline
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Old 05-21-2013 , 17:57   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.1 (beta version 5/20/2013)
Reply With Quote #16

Awesome! Looking forward to the next release.
__________________
eraserhead is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
lobnico
Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Old 06-13-2013 , 16:58   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.1 (beta version 5/20/2013)
Reply With Quote #17

new 100mbps server for tests and fun
94.23.12.9:27015
__________________
lobnico is offline
lobnico
Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Old 06-13-2013 , 17:00   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.1 (beta version 5/20/2013)
Reply With Quote #18

Sry for some disappearances, crazy life schedule. New update will come soon
__________________
lobnico is offline
DoPe^
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denmark / Copenhagen
Old 06-19-2013 , 11:41   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.1 (beta version 5/20/2013)
Reply With Quote #19

I can't get this plugin to load, im getting these error's in the log

Code:
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:02: [SM] Native "KvGetNum" reported: Invalid key value handle 0 (error 4)
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:02: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2itemsinfo.smx":
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:02: [SM]   [0]  Line 2591, F:\27010\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\tf2itemsinfo.sp::AttribData_GetIndex()
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:07: [SM]   [1]  Line 2636, F:\27010\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\tf2itemsinfo.sp::AttribData_GetString()
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:07: [SM]   [2]  Line 1954, F:\27010\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\tf2itemsinfo.sp::Native_GetAttribName()
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:07: [SM] Native "TF2II_GetAttribName" reported: Error encountered while processing a dynamic native
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:07: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2items_uu.smx":
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:07: [SM]   [0]  Line 155, tf2items_uu.sp::UberShopDefineUpgradeTabs()
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:07: [SM]   [1]  Line 966, tf2items_uu.sp::_load_cfg_files()
L 06/19/2013 - 17:30:07: [SM]   [2]  Line 1243, tf2items_uu.sp::OnPluginStart()
TF2Items, TFItemsInfo and TF2Attributes is all running.
And the 4 txt files is placed in tf/addons/sourcemod/configs
__________________
DoPe^ is offline
zyncool99
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2013
Old 06-29-2013 , 02:15   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.1 (beta version 5/20/2013)
Reply With Quote #20

how to make don't have extra money + set start money ???
zyncool99 is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:48.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode