Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

XP Based Plugin - Tutorial!

Post New Thread Reply   

XunTric
BANNED
Old 04-17-2005 , 08:42   XP Based Plugin - Tutorial!
Reply With Quote #1

This might be worth a "usefull link" bailopan

I was really bored and decided to make a XP tutorial.
There is a million ways to make a XP plugin, and here is one of them.
If you find any errors or something, just tell me.

If use this tutorial to make a plugin, dont post here if you need help.
Many have asked if they can use my idea, and make animal mod.
Just make animal mod if you want...

Thanks to:
• XxAvalanchexX (Extra big thanks to you )
• Knekter
• Xeroblood
• PM

This is just a "beta"...
Just as you know:
• You will get XP for killing team-mates too.
• You dont get any extra XP for a headshot, planting bomb, using hostages etc...
• After getting levels, nothing will happend. This is what you have to add.

Ill maybe add more later...

Update log:
-Added Save XP

-Fixed all errors in whole plugin (with help from PM)
-Added a "Change Animal" command for players

-Tutorial released.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As in all scripts, include stuff
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #include <cstrike> #include <fun> #include <vault>

Lets say im going to make animal mod.
Now we define all the "classes". (animals)
Code:
#define CLASS_NOTHING 0 #define CLASS_DOG 1 #define CLASS_CAT 2 #define CLASS_HORSE 3 #define CLASS_COW 4 // Etc... // Note: I made a "nothing" animal. This is the class that all new people will automaticly get.

Now we make a "maxclasses" variable. Umm.. We need this later to give the classes name.
Would be strange to call em "CLASS_DOG" etc. in game eh?
Code:
#define MAXCLASSES 5 // I set MAXCLASSES to 5, since we have 5 classes

Now we create variables that hold your class, xp and level.
Code:
new PlayerClass[33] new PlayerXP[33] new PlayerLevel[33]

Here we need the "maxclasses" variable we made earlier. This will be the names that will be in game.
Code:
new const CLASSES[MAXCLASSES][] = {     "None",     "Dog",     "Cat",     "Horse",     "Cow" }

Just some stuff for the ShowHUD... Will explain later.
Code:
new msgtext

Now we create the levels and how much xp you need per level. You can edit to more or less XP/levels here...
Code:
//Lets say we have 6 levels now.. new const LEVELS[6] = {     100, //100 XP for level 1     200, //200 XP for level 2     400, //Etc..     800,     1600,     3200 }

Now lets create the plugin_init()
Code:
public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Animal Mod", "1.0", "XunTric")         //I'll create a on/off cvar for the mod... You dont have to add this.     register_cvar("sv_animalmod", "1")         //Now we register the DeathMsg event. This is where we can add XP when you kill somebody.     register_event("DeathMsg", "DeathMsg", "a")     //Note that i registered it as "a"; global event         //Now we register a "XP Per Kill" cvar...     //Now I made 20 xp per kill.     register_cvar("xp_per_kill", "20")     //Lets register a SaveXP toggle cvar.     register_cvar("SaveXP", "1")         //Lets register a menu to choose animal with...     register_menucmd(register_menuid("menu_ChooseAnimal"),1023,"DoChooseAnimal");         //ResetHUD event... (Check if user has no class)     register_event("ResetHUD", "ResetHud", "b")         //Something for ShowHUD... Will explain later.     msgtext = get_user_msgid("StatusText")     //Lets make a "Change Animal" cmd for players.     //I just lead it to the change animal menu.     //Ill get back to the menu later.     register_clcmd("say /changeanimal", "ChangeAnimal")     register_clcmd("say_team /changeanimal", "ChangeAnimal") }

Now lets create a function to save XP with.
(XP gets loaded from amxmodx/data/vault.ini)
Code:
public SaveXP(id) {     new authid[32];     get_user_authid(id,authid,31);     new vaultkey[64], vaultdata[64];       //Save their class     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-class",authid);     format(vaultdata,63,"%d",PlayerClass[id]);     set_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata);     //Save their XP     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-xp",authid);     format(vaultdata,63,"%d",PlayerXP[id]);     set_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata);     //Save their level     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-level",authid);     format(vaultdata,63,"%d",PlayerLevel[id]);     set_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata); }

Now lets create a function to load XP
(XP gets loaded from amxmodx/data/vault.ini)
Code:
  public LoadXP(id) {     new authid[32];     get_user_authid(id,authid,31);     new vaultkey[64], vaultdata[64];     //Load their class     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-class",authid);     get_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata,63);     PlayerClass[id] = str_to_num(vaultdata);      //Load their XP     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-xp",authid);     get_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata,63);     PlayerXP[id] = str_to_num(vaultdata);        //Load their level     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-level",authid);     get_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata,63);     PlayerLevel[id] = str_to_num(vaultdata)}

Now that we have a SaveXP and LoadXP function, lets load their XP when they connect.
Code:
  public client_connect(id) {     //Only load their XP if our SaveXP cvar is 1.     if(get_cvar_num("SaveXP") == 1) {                  LoadXP(id)          //Add a message if you want....          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] XP Loaded!")          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are a %s with level %s and %s XP", PlayerClass[id], PlayerLevel[id], PlayerXP[id])     } }

Now we save their XP when they disconnect.
Code:
public client_disconnect(id) {     //Only save their XP if our SaveXP cvar is 1.     if(get_cvar_num("SaveXP") == 1) {              SaveXP(id)     } }

Lets create the menu to choose class with.
Code:
    //Call it whatever you want... stock ChooseAnimal(id) {     new menu[192]         //Add keys for how many classes you have + exit key.     new keys = MENU_KEY_0|MENU_KEY_1|MENU_KEY_2|MENU_KEY_3         //Here we write the menu options..     format(menu, 191, "Animal Mod: Choose Animal^n^n1. Dog^n2. Cat^n3. Horse^n4. Cow^n^n0. Exit")         //We created a menu in plugin_init() and now we make the plugin know that its this menu it has to show.     show_menu(id, keys, menu, -1, "menu_ChooseAnimal")         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

Now lets create the second part of the menu. This is where we write exacly what happends when you press one of the buttons.
Code:
  public DoChooseAnimal(id, key) {     // Remeber that the keys starts on 0...     if(key == 0) {                  //Lets check if the player allready has Dog...          if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_DOG) {                         //Make a message here if you want...               client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are allready a Dog! Choose something else!")                             //Open the menu again...               ChooseAnimal(id)                             //Exit...               return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }                 //Now, if the player didnt have dog allready, we'll set his class to dog.          PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_DOG                    //Make a message if you want...          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a Dog!")     }                //Im doing the same on all other buttons...               if(key == 1) {                    if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_CAT) {                             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are allready a Cat! Choose something else!")               ChooseAnimal(id)               return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }                              PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_CAT          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a Cat!")     }         if(key == 2) {                    if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_HORSE) {                             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are allready a Horse! Choose something else!")               ChooseAnimal(id)               return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }                              PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_HORSE          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a Horse!")     }        if(key == 3) {                    if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_COW) {                             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are allready a Cow! Choose something else!")               ChooseAnimal(id)               return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }                              PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_COW          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a Cow!")     }           //Show new HUD after picking class.     //Ill get back to this later...     ShowHUD(id)         return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

Now lets create the ResetHUD event.
Code:
public ResetHUD(id) {     //Lets check if "sv_animalmod" is on. If its off, we'll stop the function.     if(get_cvar_num("sv_animalmod") == 0) {          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }     //Lets check if the player has no animal.     if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_NOTHING) {              //If the player doesnt have a animal;          //Open the choose animal menu for him.          ChooseAnimal(id)          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }         return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

Now lets create the DeathMsg event, where we can add XP if you kill somebody
Code:
  public DeathMsg() //Note that i only had (), and not (id) {     //Lets check if "sv_animalmod" is on. If its off, we'll stop the function.     if(get_cvar_num("sv_animalmod") == 0) {          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }         //Now we create a "attacker" varriable. So the XP will be given to the killer, and not all players on the server.     new attacker = read_data(1)         //Now the plugin will check if the attacker doesnt have a class, and if he doesnt, the function will stop.     if(PlayerClass[attacker] == CLASS_NOTHING) {          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }         //Now lets see if the attacker allready has level 6, and doesnt need more XP, and if he is, stop the function.     //You can remove this if you want, and let the player get as much XP he want. But we wont get more than level 6 anyway.     if(PlayerLevel[attacker] == 6) {          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }         //Now we can add XP to the attacker.            PlayerXP[attacker] += get_cvar_num("XP_per_kill") //Add the amout of XP you have on the "XP_per_kill" cvar.         //Now we check if the attacker has enough XP for a new level. And if he has, we add it.     if(PlayerXP[attacker] >= LEVELS[PlayerLevel[attacker]]) {                //Add his level...          PlayerLevel[attacker] += 1                    //Now you can make a "congratualtions" message if you want...          client_print(attacker, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] Congratulations! You are now level %i!", PlayerLevel[attacker])                    //Lets save his XP every time he gets a level incase the server crashes or something. So they wont loose it all.          if(get_cvar_num("SaveXP") == 1) {                 SaveXP(attacker)          }          //Show His New Level on the HUD message.          //Ill get back to this later...          ShowHUD(attacker)     }            //Show new HUD if you didnt get level too. (To show the new XP)     //Ill get back to this later...     ShowHUD(attacker)         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

Now lets create the mystic ShowHUD
This is the thing in the corner of your screen in game that shows your animal, xp and level.
Code:
  public ShowHUD(id)    {     new HUD[51]         //This is the stuff that will actually show in game.     format(HUD, 50, "[%s]Level: %i XP: %i", CLASSES[PlayerClass[id]], PlayerLevel[id], PlayerXP[id])     message_begin(MSG_ONE, msgtext, {0,0,0}, id)     write_byte(0)     write_string(HUD)     message_end()     return }

So finially, heres our full code!
(With no comments)
Code:
    #include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #include <cstrike> #include <fun> #include <vault> #define CLASS_NOTHING 0 #define CLASS_DOG 1 #define CLASS_CAT 2 #define CLASS_HORSE 3 #define CLASS_COW 4 #define MAXCLASSES 5 new PlayerClass[33] new PlayerXP[33] new PlayerLevel[33] new const CLASSES[MAXCLASSES][] = {     "None",     "Dog",     "Cat",     "Horse",     "Cow" } new msgtext new const LEVELS[6] = {     100,     200,     400,     800,     1600,     3200 } public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Animal Mod", "1.0", "XunTric")         register_cvar("sv_animalmod", "1")         register_event("DeathMsg", "DeathMsg", "a")         register_cvar("XP_per_kill", "20")         register_menucmd(register_menuid("menu_ChooseAnimal"),1023,"DoChooseAnimal");         register_event("ResetHUD", "ResetHud", "b")         msgtext = get_user_msgid("StatusText")     register_clcmd("say /changeanimal", "ChangeAnimal")     register_clcmd("say_team /changeanimal", "ChangeAnimal") } public SaveXP(id) {     new authid[32];     get_user_authid(id,authid,31);     new vaultkey[64], vaultdata[64];       format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-class",authid);     format(vaultdata,63,"%d",PlayerClass[id]);     set_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata);     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-xp",authid);     format(vaultdata,63,"%d",PlayerXP[id]);     set_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata);     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-level",authid);     format(vaultdata,63,"%d",PlayerLevel[id]);     set_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata); } public LoadXP(id) {     new authid[32];     get_user_authid(id,authid,31);     new vaultkey[64], vaultdata[64];     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-class",authid);     get_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata,63);     PlayerClass[id] = str_to_num(vaultdata);     format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-xp",authid);     get_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata,63);     PlayerXP[id] = str_to_num(vaultdata);        format(vaultkey,63,"ANIMAL-%s-level",authid);     get_vaultdata(vaultkey,vaultdata,63);     PlayerLevel[id] = str_to_num(vaultdata)} public client_connect(id) {     if(get_cvar_num("SaveXP") == 1) {                  LoadXP(id)          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] XP Loaded!")          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are a %s with level %s and %s XP", PlayerClass[id], PlayerLevel[id], PlayerXP[id])     } } public client_disconnect(id) {     if(get_cvar_num("SaveXP") == 1) {              SaveXP(id)     } } stock ChooseAnimal(id) {     new menu[192]     new keys = MENU_KEY_0|MENU_KEY_1|MENU_KEY_2|MENU_KEY_3         format(menu, 191, "Animal Mod: Choose Animal^n^n1. Dog^n2. Cat^n3. Horse^n4. Cow^n^n0. Exit")     show_menu(id, keys, menu, -1, "menu_ChooseAnimal")        return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public DoChooseAnimal(id, key) {     if(key == 0) {                  if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_DOG) {                         client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are allready a Dog! Choose something else!")               ChooseAnimal(id)                          return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }                 PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_DOG                   client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a Dog!")     }                      if(key == 1) {                    if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_CAT) {                             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are allready a Cat! Choose something else!")               ChooseAnimal(id)               return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }                              PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_CAT          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a Cat!")     }         if(key == 2) {                    if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_HORSE) {                             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are allready a Horse! Choose something else!")               ChooseAnimal(id)               return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }                              PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_HORSE          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a Horse!")     }        if(key == 3) {                    if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_COW) {                             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are allready a Cow! Choose something else!")               ChooseAnimal(id)               return PLUGIN_HANDLED          }                              PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_COW          client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a Cow!")     }           ShowHUD(id)         return PLUGIN_HANDLED } public ResetHUD(id) {     if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_NOTHING) {              ChooseAnimal(id)          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }         return PLUGIN_HANDLED } public DeathMsg() {     if(get_cvar_num("sv_animalmod") == 0) {          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }         new attacker = read_data(1)         if(PlayerClass[attacker] == CLASS_NOTHING) {          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }         if(PlayerLevel[attacker] == 6) {          return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }                 PlayerXP[attacker] += get_cvar_num("XP_per_kill")         if(PlayerXP[attacker] >= LEVELS[PlayerLevel[attacker]]) {                PlayerLevel[attacker] += 1                    client_print(attacker, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] Congratulations! You are now level %i!", PlayerLevel[attacker])          if(get_cvar_num("SaveXP") == 1) {                 SaveXP(attacker)          }                    ShowHUD(attacker)     }            ShowHUD(attacker)         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public ShowHUD(id)    {     new HUD[51]     format(HUD, 50, "[%s]Level: %i XP: %i", CLASSES[PlayerClass[id]], PlayerLevel[id], PlayerXP[id])     message_begin(MSG_ONE, msgtext, {0,0,0}, id)     write_byte(0)     write_string(HUD)     message_end()     return }
n0obie4life
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2005 , 08:46  
Reply With Quote #2

err

tutorial. not toturial.

btw, did u get this from my idea?
XunTric
BANNED
Old 04-17-2005 , 08:48  
Reply With Quote #3

Oh sorry... my english
Editing now.

Actually yes.
I was allready thinking of making a toturial, but the animal thing was your idea.
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2005 , 08:52  
Reply With Quote #4

Nice man..

May I make one suggestion?

Instead of all of those if() statements, use a switch() statement..
Code:
switch(key) {     case 0: {         // ..     }     case 1: {         // ..     }     case 2: {         // ..     }     // etc. }
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
n0obie4life
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2005 , 08:52  
Reply With Quote #5

another error.....seems to be a global one.

Allready . ITS ALREADY .
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 04-17-2005 , 09:28  
Reply With Quote #6

Hrm, I altered a bit of your code ;)
Also, excuse my use of semicolons =P

EDIT: Actually compiles now ;)

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #include <cstrike> #include <fun> // An enum is nicer than #defining macros Wink enum pclass {     CLASS_NOTHING=0,     CLASS_DOG,     CLASS_CAT,     CLASS_HORSE,     CLASS_COW,     NUM_OF_CLASSES } // You need a cell for each player, and I prefix globals with g_ Smile new pclass:g_PlayerClass[33]; new g_PlayerXP[33]; new g_PlayerLevel[33]; new const CLASS_NAMES[NUM_OF_CLASSES][] = {     "None",     "Dog",     "Cat",     "Horse",     "Cow" } #define NUM_OF_LEVELS 6 // The qutoes were wrong ;o new const LEVELS[NUM_OF_LEVELS] = {     100, //100 XP for level 1     200, //200 XP for level 2     400, //Etc..     800,     1600,     3200 } new gmsgStatusText; // I've renamed this to gmsgStatusText - reminds me of the gamedll code Wink public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Animal Mod", "1.0", "XunTric")         register_cvar("sv_animalmod", "1")         register_event("DeathMsg", "DeathMsg", "a")         register_cvar("XP_per_kill", "20")     // I've renamed the menu action function to that because I think that it's nicer Very Happy     register_menucmd(register_menuid("menu_ChooseAnimal"),1023,"MenuAction_ChooseAnimal");         register_event("ResetHUD", "ResetHud", "b")         gmsgStatusText = get_user_msgid("StatusText") } // No need to make this a stock ChooseAnimal(id) {     // You had horse here two times Very Happy     new menu[] = "Animal Mod: Choose Animal^n^n1. Dog^n2. Cat^n3. Horse^n4. Cow^n^n0. Exit" // I think this should be better than doing format, in case it works Wink     new keys = MENU_KEY_0|MENU_KEY_1|MENU_KEY_2|MENU_KEY_3         show_menu(id, keys, menu, -1, "menu_ChooseAnimal")        // We don't need a return value in here either } public MenuAction_ChooseAnimal(id, pclass:key) {     // The keys map to the pclass ids (I think), so no need to have a big if construct;)     if (key == g_PlayerClass[id])     {         client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are already a %s! Choose something else!", CLASS_NAMES[key]);         ChooseAnimal(id);         return;     }     client_print(id, print_chat, "[Animal Mod] You are now a %s!", key);     g_PlayerClass[id] = key;          ShowHUD(id); } public ResetHUD(id) {     if (g_PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_NOTHING)          ChooseAnimal(id); } public DeathMsg() {     if (!get_cvar_num("sv_animalmod"))          return;         new attacker = read_data(1)         if (g_PlayerClass[attacker] == CLASS_NOTHING)          return;         if(g_PlayerLevel[attacker] == NUM_OF_LEVELS)          return;         g_PlayerXP[attacker] += get_cvar_num("XP_per_kill")         if(g_PlayerXP[attacker] >= LEVELS[g_PlayerLevel[attacker]])     {         ++g_PlayerLevel[attacker];                   client_print(attacker, _:print_chat, "[Animal Mod] Congratulations! You are now level %i!", g_PlayerLevel[attacker])     }     ShowHUD(attacker); } ShowHUD(id)    {     new HUD[51]     format(HUD, 50, "[%s]Level: %i XP: %i", CLASS_NAMES[g_PlayerClass[id]], g_PlayerLevel[id], g_PlayerXP[id])     message_begin(MSG_ONE, gmsgStatusText, {0,0,0}, id)     write_byte(0)     write_string(HUD)     message_end() } public client_connect(id) {     // A client is coming -> clear all vars for him, so that he doesn't have the pclass/level/xp of the player who was in here before him     g_PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_NOTHING;     g_PlayerXP[id] = 0;     g_PlayerLevel[id] = 0; }

Note that I haven't tried to compile it, so it may be broken.
Old 04-17-2005 , 10:21  
Reply With Quote #7

yea PM your code is broken

errors:

Code:
(12) : error 001: expected token: "}", but found "-identifier-"
(17) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
(24) : error 017: undefined symbol "NUM_OF_CLASSES"
(35) : error 008: must be a constant expression; assumed zero
(79) : warning 213: tag mismatch
(86) : warning 213: tag mismatch
(106) : warning 213: tag mismatch
(109 -- 111) : warning 213: tag mismatch
(111) : error 001: expected token: "]", but found ")"
(113) : error 017: undefined symbol "PlayerLevel"
(113) : warning 215: expression has no effect
(113) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "]"
(113) : error 029: invalid expression, assumed zero
(113) : fatal error 107: too many error messages on one line
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2005 , 10:24  
Reply With Quote #8

It's not the full code.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 04-17-2005 , 10:27  
Reply With Quote #9

I'll fix it then, one sec...

EDIT: Okay, compiles, no idea whether it runs though!
BANNED
Old 04-17-2005 , 11:22  
Reply With Quote #10

You didnt have to steal my thread

Well... Thanks PM
I credited you.

And btw, I use this on my code on my mod, and I doesnt have to set class to "nothing" when they connect.
Since its first class, it chooses it auto (I think). Well, works for me...
And if im going to add save XP later, it cant reset all stuff on connect?