Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)

Post New Thread Reply   

Grey Echo
Old 01-06-2021 , 10:33   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayar View Post
Thanks. I have few more suggestion/feedback.

Kick players if they are camping ; I was able to squat in a nice corner with negev, in multiple maps and the zombies were sitting ducks. I was able to complete multiple rounds easily with only me as CT player. This will make the mode boring after sometime. Imagine if there are more CT.
The fun is if the CT has to keep moving, that way CT will not know from which direction the zombies will attack.

Can we make the Zombie shuffle ? As of now they approach CT in a predefined manner which makes it easy to predict their movement path and kill them easily

I was not able to increase the number of zombies to say 12/14 (set my server slot to 16 at the moment); I did change it in zmd.cfg file but it is always loading with 10 player (1CT+9T).
Camping is definitely something we want to discourage. I'm aware of some anti-camping plugins that exist which might help, but if my memory serves correctly, they tend to be pretty intrusive, e.g. slapping a player if they're not moving for an extended period of time. Still, perhaps that's better than nothing. Another option would be to force players to use their pistol if they're crouching for too long, but that wouldn't necessarily resolve the issue you brought up as the player could just stand instead. Yet another option would be to prevent heavy machine guns from being used by Survivors at all given their high-capacity magazines; forcing a player to reload often forces them to move if they don't want to get eaten by a Zombie. I'd personally prefer this latter option as I think it's the least intrusive. Thoughts?

I'm not sure what we can do about bot movement behavior as I believe that's hardcoded into CS:GO, but perhaps someone on these forums knows more about this? I've seen some plugins around suggesting bot behavior can be changed, but the question is whether bot movement can be changed as well, and if so, how.

As for the number of bots allowed on the server at any given time, you mentioned you tried editing the zdm.cfg file. Specifically, did you try adding `bot_quota 12` to the end of that file? That should result in 12 bots being added to the server for every 1 human player. You could also try adding `bot_quota_mode fill` to the end of that same configuration file to see if that makes any difference. More details here regarding that latter config option: https://totalcsgo.com/command/botquotamode

Last edited by Grey Echo; 01-06-2021 at 10:35.
vijayar
Old 01-06-2021 , 10:37   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
Reply With Quote #12

Anyone who wants to display "How to Play" in chat box for this plugin, use this -
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248314 - along with the attached cfg file. Feel free to change and make any modifications.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg ServerAdvertisements3.cfg (2.5 KB, 81 views)
vijayar
Old 01-06-2021 , 10:48   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
Reply With Quote #13

I will check for any plugin but both options you have suggested is good to implement esp the second one. Another suggestion to make it more interesting is to force only HS. Idea however is not to make it too difficult also.

At present using this with default DM that comes with server ; will try with the other DM plugins which have many options.

I have seen the bots shuffle in a std DM, but somehow not seeing that behaviour here

I tried the same way what you have mentioned ; let me retry and revert I may have done some mistake
Grey Echo
Old 01-06-2021 , 10:59   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Anyone who wants to display "How to Play" in chat box for this plugin, use this -
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248314 - along with the attached cfg file. Feel free to change and make any modifications.
Just linked to this post of yours with your attachment from the Recommendations section of the top post of this thread. Thank you very much for sharing your configuration file with us!

Quote:
I will check for any plugin but both options you have suggested is good to implement esp the second one. Another suggestion to make it more interesting is to force only HS. Idea however is not to make it too difficult also.

At present using this with default DM that comes with server ; will try with the other DM plugins which have many options.

I have seen the bots shuffle in a std DM, but somehow not seeing that behaviour here

I tried the same way what you have mentioned ; let me retry and revert I may have done some mistake
Thanks for the feedback! I think we should start with the heavy machine gun restriction and then take things from there. I've just added that to the Plans section of the top post of this thread and will seek to have it implemented along with the spectate bug fix, which I've also just added to that Plans section.

I haven't tested this plugin with anything other than the Deathmatch gamemode that ships with CS:GO, but in theory it should work fine with SourceMod Deathmatch plugins instead. You can probably find some anti-camping plugins that exist separately from any other plugin as standalone offerings too. It's been a while since I've searched though.

Last edited by Grey Echo; 01-06-2021 at 11:00.
Grey Echo
Old 01-06-2021 , 21:49   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.1, 2021-01-06)
Reply With Quote #15

v0.1.1 has just been released! More details with download links on our GitHub release page here:
  • Survivors can no longer buy or use heavy machine guns; their high-capacity magazines encouraged players to camp rather than move around the map.
  • Players can now spectate games. (Thanks to vijayar for reporting this wasn't working!)
The top post of this thread has been updated accordingly. Thanks for everyone's feedback so far!

Last edited by Grey Echo; 01-09-2021 at 15:47.
vijayar
Old 01-07-2021 , 02:01   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.1, 2021-01-06)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Echo View Post
v0.1.1 has just been released! More details with download links on our GitHub release page here:
  • Survivors can no longer buy or use heavy machine guns; their high-capacity magazines encouraged players to camp rather than move around the map.
  • Players can now spectate games. (Thanks to vijayar for reporting this wasn't working!)
The top post of this thread has been updated accordingly. Thanks for everyone's feedback so far!
New release is working fine ! For some reason the Zombie BOTs have become harder to kill (maybe my end issue), require more shots than before. Spectate mode is working fine however can you populate a 4 CT V 6 Zombie playout in spectate instead of all 10 Zombies ?

Also I added bot_quota 12 and bot_quota_mode fill in the zdm.cfg file but for some reason I still get only a 10 player option (1CT + 9T). I have tried changing in the gamemode_deathmatch.cfg file also but it doesn't increase.

The default setting in your zdm.cfg is bot_quota 8 and bot_quota_fill match which also is not working i.e I get std 10 player sessions
Grey Echo
Old 01-07-2021 , 12:36   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.1, 2021-01-06)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
New release is working fine ! For some reason the Zombie BOTs have become harder to kill (maybe my end issue), require more shots than before. Spectate mode is working fine however can you populate a 4 CT V 6 Zombie playout in spectate instead of all 10 Zombies ?

Also I added bot_quota 12 and bot_quota_mode fill in the zdm.cfg file but for some reason I still get only a 10 player option (1CT + 9T). I have tried changing in the gamemode_deathmatch.cfg file also but it doesn't increase.

The default setting in your zdm.cfg is bot_quota 8 and bot_quota_fill match which also is not working i.e I get std 10 player sessions
Thanks for testing! I don't believe v0.1.1 made any changes to how hard it is to kill Zombies, so check your configuration and the other plugins you may have installed, but let me know if you find anything in that regard. I'll double-check on my end too.

I can look into having some bots be Survivors if all human players are spectating this weekend. Good suggestion!

It's strange that the defaults of `bot_quota 8` and `bot_quota_fill match` still aren't working for you. Do you have any other plugins which may be modifying these values? Can you confirm via the server's console that after the server has completely started, `bot_quota` is indeed set to 8 and `bot_quota_fill` set to "match"? If not, then I'm thinking another configuration file or plugin is changing these values.
vijayar
Old 01-08-2021 , 04:27   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.1, 2021-01-06)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Echo View Post
Thanks for testing! I don't believe v0.1.1 made any changes to how hard it is to kill Zombies, so check your configuration and the other plugins you may have installed, but let me know if you find anything in that regard. I'll double-check on my end too.

I can look into having some bots be Survivors if all human players are spectating this weekend. Good suggestion!

It's strange that the defaults of `bot_quota 8` and `bot_quota_fill match` still aren't working for you. Do you have any other plugins which may be modifying these values? Can you confirm via the server's console that after the server has completely started, `bot_quota` is indeed set to 8 and `bot_quota_fill` set to "match"? If not, then I'm thinking another configuration file or plugin is changing these values.
Will test again and revert if bots have become hard in the new version, mostly it should be some issue at my end.

I checked the console logs, it seems that for some reason bot_quota is forced set to 10 and bot_quota_mode is forced set at Normal. Not sure what is forcing it ; it was fresh installation of server and apart from your plugin, sourcemod and metamod I do not have any other installed in this. I have set gamemode & type to Valve native Deathmatch.

Strange ! Need to deep dive more
Grey Echo
Old 01-09-2021 , 13:00   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #19

v0.1.2 has just been released! More details with download links on our GitHub release page here:
  • Fix zombies sometimes being able to use weapons. (Thanks to vijayar for discovering this bug!)
  • Add demo mode when all human players are spectating. (Thanks to vijayar for this suggestion!)
This plugin is now compatible with Maxximou5's csgo-deathmatch plugin, just make sure to set "dm_enable_valve_deathmatch" to "yes" in your addons/sourcemod/configs/deathmatch/deathmatch.ini file if you're using that plugin.

The top post of this thread has been updated accordingly. Thanks again for everyone's support!

Last edited by Grey Echo; 01-09-2021 at 15:48.
vikir
Old 01-10-2021 , 05:07   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #20

Ideas:
1. Make Zombies more HP over time, let's say each minute + 20 HP (if not player)
2. Anticamp - if more then 3 CT in 1 area,(green gas or smth) they start to get dmg over time after 40 sec (so they will be forced to move)
3. Get (buy) weapons for score in scoreboard ?
4. Some stat system ? Like let's says CT wins round aka survives 5 min will be added to their stats(MySql or smth)
5. Add random zombies with option to setup them - how often spawn, and their stats(faster moving, More HP etc)
6. Spawn HP shots on the ground random locations on map, not just give players after some time (will force players to move after dmg taken)

Btw, good job had fun with community around 30 min playing it
connect weallplay.eu