Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Problems since update

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Dickus
Old 12-02-2005 , 05:29   Problems since update

I'm having difficulty getting plugins to load when my server boots up. I've had some success loading mm plugins after the server is running, but not the DM plug. My error is;
02:23:13 Failed to load plugin addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm_i486.so (Could not find interface ServerGameDLL003)

I'm on linux, obviously, so why does it need the DLL?
Old 12-02-2005 , 06:42  

Boy your avatar is annoying ;)

I've updated CS:S DM but I pulled an all-nighter to do so (Valve broke a lot). I'm too tired to release at this point and I'll do it later today after a period of stress testing.
Old 12-02-2005 , 07:28  

Thanks Bailopan

giggity giggity alright!
Old 12-02-2005 , 07:34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN

I've updated CS:S DM but I pulled an all-nighter to do so (Valve broke a lot). I'm too tired to release at this point and I'll do it later today after a period of stress testing.
Great! Thank you so much

muted
Old 12-02-2005 , 13:35   good work

Thanks for not getting sleep lastnight. Can't wait to see dm working again.

Couple quick ideas for you here -->

I noticed LDuke was working a on Round End Condition Script/MetaMod. It would be nice to incorporate some of this code into DM.

Options. The mapper should be able to issue a point server command and end the round in favor of ct or t team winning. (example if 1 team did "condition satisfied" then issue command for said team to win round)

You have probable already seen this code. It would give much more power to the dm metamod setup with custom maps.

Also an expansion of the spawning system would be very nice. The goal being keeping the player close to his teammates or to the action or away from the action or close to a team controlled point. Maybe you could even give mappers some options here.

One more thing as long as I am posting to you. Can you add a feature to add a variable amount of health to the client for each enemey killed with a variable max limit. This way the skilled player could possible stay alive longer even with many combat encounters. i.e.-> The mod could add 40 (HealthAddVar) health for every enemy the client kills with a max health of 150 (HealthMaxVar). Something like matties knife syphon code but for all kills.

Really great work by the way.

P.S. Do you work at a software company for your 9-5. Are you looking for any paid programming work?

Muted.
bOoya
Old 12-02-2005 , 13:47  

Quote:

do the dam thing homie.
BAILOPAN
Old 12-02-2005 , 13:52  

Muted:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, are you talking about creating objectives and then terminating the round such that a team has one? If so, that's great and all, but CSDM doesn't have objectives ;). I'm fairly sure that I gave LDuke at least the basis of the code he uses for terminating rounds, I'll ask him about what you mentioned.

I think the health idea is interesting. I'll throw this in as a last minute feature.

I currently do not have a job. If there's something you'd like to talk about, you can PM me.
Old 12-02-2005 , 14:54   give mappers ability to create objectives

I will pm you soon about some coding work.

The idea with the round end code would be to give mappers more control so as they might be able to fashion new objectives based upon the unique game play of cssdm.

It would be easy enough to fashion maps to the following objectives.
control points (flags) like dodsource.
map triggers (various)

possible list that mappers could then create
1st team to capture 10 flags (flag condition can be made by mapper)
1st team to capture 3 out of 5 control points (areas, or point flags)
cts or ts to setoff 3 explosive devices located around the map
cts or ts to capture a vehicle(functrain) and move it to exit point
team wins that triggers this or that map trigger, ect.
team wins who locates and kills all the hostages/victims
team wins who protects all the hostages for round time
team wins that escapes to escape zone
ect. ect.

Maps could be larger if we can control the win conditions and respawn locations.

It would even be possible to create a multi objective map. Round 1 access to 1st area with set objective 10min to trigger some condition, Round 2 spawn in new area with new objective same map, Round 3 spawn in 3rd area with final objective.

Respawns would be nice if clients would only respawn at a spawn points within the line of sight of a teammate but out of the line of sight of any enemy.

Just some ideas. Sorry to ramble.

Great work again on cssdm.

p.s. Is there no metamod that could make vehicles function in css?

Airboat dm would be fun.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-02-2005 , 15:23  

Quote:
I currently do not have a job. If there's something you'd like to talk about, you can PM me.
LIES!!!!
you work for gaben (secretly)
itsallthesame
Old 12-02-2005 , 15:32  

any idea when the patch will be available for public use?
Closed Thread