Post New Thread Closed Thread   

imported_SideShow
Old 11-18-2005 , 02:39  

Check this little post i found.
I hope it is going to be usefull

http://www.zombiehorde.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=328
kunk
Old 11-29-2005 , 06:46  

I dont know why people complain about setting the bomb or hostie rescuing. Its very hard to do in DM anyway so it really doesnt happen that often. I'm all for people planting or rescuing hosties, adds a bit of challange to the rounds. ONLY N00BS COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMONE SETTING THE BOMB OR HOSTIE RESCUING!! ;)

That being said, I would like to put in a few requests for the next version.

Fisrt, can you please make it possible to restrict weapons via a rcon command/s (the DM plugin seems to bypass Mani's weapon restrictions). I know you can globally disable certain weapons in the DM config file, but it would be nice to enable/disable weapons only on certain maps via a rcon command.
Second, can you make an option to have the C4 not dissappear when the person carying it dies?

Thanks,
KunK
GGH CS:S DeathMatch
http://www.ggh.greatbasin.net
dec03001
Old 11-29-2005 , 22:20  

Quote:
I had an idea to make CS:S DM a little less awp-whoreish. I've noticed on some maps the AWP gets used by almost everyone on the server. To reduce this a bit, I think it would be cool if you could disable the ability to get the AWP for free and make it so you have to buy it if you want to use it. That way people would be forced to use other weapons until they saved up enough cash to buy the awp. Maybe have a option where you could set the price of the awp so if you want it to be used less often, you could set it at a high price. This could be extended to any weapon in the game. For example, I've noticed that the flashbang nade gets spammed like crazy because by default everyone gets 2 of them. If you made it so people had to buy the flashbang, then I think there would be way less flashbang spam
Also, I'm not sure if this is just a bug, but I can never select the scout rifle.
Quote:
can u plz add so the bomb wont vanish after player gets killed ?
Quote:
a counter would be great, because i'm running it on a surf-server, and nobody is dead at the same time and so no mapchange could be executed.

for example after 15 minutes a kill-command is executed on all clients.
Quote:
Hey Bail, how about a short delay timer for spawning, like 2 - 5 seconds?
Just spec or black for a few seconds.

Just a thought to add to the next release.

Thanks for all your hard work, wish I could code like you...
Quote:
Please totally disable bomb/hostages in dm, it's frustrating every time the bomb gets planted or hostages are being saved. I don't know if you meant this by roundtimes can be set, but when i change to a different map with dm, the roundtime is counting down again, will this also be fixed (unlimited roundtime even after changing to a different map?) and last but not least. When all people from a certain team are killed the round is over and a new round is started, can this be overcome?

Quote:
Fisrt, can you please make it possible to restrict weapons via a rcon command/s (the DM plugin seems to bypass Mani's weapon restrictions). I know you can globally disable certain weapons in the DM config file, but it would be nice to enable/disable weapons only on certain maps via a rcon command.
1. agreed, as long as you can enable and disable easily. I like DM on awp maps....which this script would put a damper on.

2. agreed once again as long as you can enable and disable it.

3. agreed, which it looks like it is on BP to do list.

4. agreed, brilliant, once again as long as you can edit or enable disable etc.

5. read all the posts before you post...................

6. brilliant, agreed....when im getting pwned by awp, id like to just be able to stop them right away from using it. .... . .LOL , no bust seriously agreed!

7......my input...an idea...adding and deleting spawn points within the game...i know you can add...but not delete...

seems like cssdm is only really missing the interface, the nice easy to use menu inside the game.

I was thinking the easiest way to understand which spawn points you were actually messing with (becasue only the rarest of the rare know where that random coordinate is). By making it teleport you in order from spawn point 1 to whatever number, so you know which ones you do like and dont like, then while in that exact spot without movie, you either choose to move on to the next one or to delete the one you are at...You can program this quite easily just using the teleport command.

Bail, keep it up, appreciate youR hard work. Have you written any other mods for CS:S or scripts...etc....

LATER!
Send a message via AIM to dec03001
dusp2k
Old 12-06-2005 , 10:25   Yeah

Hosties/Bombs in DM is like Lara Croft riding a NFS car.
It's not part of the particular game.
I agree it not happens that often, but it's only a request, and you don't have to be a n00b to find it irritating.

Second point. If it is so hard to disable this in a MOD, why not delete the entities func_bomb_target and func_hostage_rescue from the maps? (if it's done easily)
Send a message via MSN to dusp2k
dec03001
Old 12-06-2005 , 12:35  

want to know what i think is irritating....noobs calling other noobs noobs so they themself dont look like a noob....when in turn, it just makes it worse!
Old 12-06-2005 , 13:56  

Well spoken dec03001 !
There's nothing wrong with being a n00b. Without the n00bs (understated word) no "pro's" (overstated word) either.
Send a message via MSN to dusp2k
IC||chuck
Old 12-06-2005 , 16:32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunk
I dont know why people complain about setting the bomb or hostie rescuing. Its very hard to do in DM anyway so it really doesnt happen that often. I'm all for people planting or rescuing hosties, adds a bit of challange to the rounds. ONLY N00BS COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMONE SETTING THE BOMB OR HOSTIE RESCUING!! ;)

That being said, I would like to put in a few requests for the next version.

Second, can you make an option to have the C4 not dissappear when the person carying it dies?

Actually considering that you don't play for money in death match, It is pointless to rescue hosties or plant the bomb. You only put yourself at risk for no reason. On the servers i play on you are considered a noob FOR rescuing or planting.
Thanks,
KunK
GGH CS:S DeathMatch
http://www.ggh.greatbasin.net
IC||chuck
Old 12-06-2005 , 16:33  

Actually considering that you don't play for money in death match, It is pointless to rescue hosties or plant the bomb. You only put yourself at risk for no reason. On the servers i play on you are considered a noob FOR rescuing or planting.
Darksoldier
Old 12-06-2005 , 20:02  

I have a really nice idea for the gameplay, i guess.
The Player, would get 20% of the HP/Armor he shot of somebody,
and he would get 30% for a Headshot - with settings in a config file.
What do u think ?

Greetz, Darksoldier
2bit
Old 12-06-2005 , 20:06  

Im very happy with what we got. Stright, simple, effective deathmatch.
Closed Thread