Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!

Post New Thread Reply   

ChrisP
Old 05-16-2011 , 20:18   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.1.0 (5/12/2011)]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xindong View Post
Means: in the final hurdle began hints.
I added a timed next map notification that will take place periodically during a finale or Scavenge map. You can change from the default time, 10 minutes(600 seconds), to whatever you like by changing the value in the acs_next_map_ad_interval cvar. You can also change the way it displays to the players by changing the value in acs_next_map_ad_mode from 1 to 2, HINT TEXT to CHAT TEXT. For those that do not wish to see the next map advertised, change the value to 0, DISABLED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
ok so, I changed this in the sp file so that i could watch the end stats in Coop all the way through:

#define TIME_TO_WAIT 70.0

Could you please re-add this in the next version, i'm sticking with version 1.0.0 for now...much appreciated.
It was still in v1.1.0, but I changed the name to match its functionality better. In v1.2.0, I added a specific wait time variable just for you called WAIT_TIME_BEFORE_SWITCH_COOP. This is the value you will want to change. So, to be clear you will change the definition on line 59 in v1.2.0 to this:

#define WAIT_TIME_BEFORE_SWITCH_COOP 70.0

In case anyone is curious as to why I have not set this value to allow the statistics to scroll by already, this is the reason. When the value WAIT_TIME_BEFORE_SWITCH_COOP is set this high, the players can push space bar as the statistics scroll by and vote to skip displaying them. This will return all the players to the lobby. After they vote to skip, a few events are triggered. The problem is that even if I catch these events, namely round_end or a few of the vote events, and immediately change the map to the next in the ACS cue, it will still return the players to the lobby. Therefore, my only option is to use a timer to match to the time that the credits(statistics) play, and disable the players from skipping them. The problem with this is that I am not sure it is possible to stop this vote from taking place. I have tried changing some of the cvars in Left4Dead2 to disable voting completely while the statistics scroll by, but none of them seemed to work. If you know of a solution to this problem that I have overlooked, please post it.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 05-16-2011 , 21:59   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.0 (May 16, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #12

Awesome thanks for pointing that out, i'll use the newest version...as far as the timer is concerned I can see your point in avoiding the stats at the end because of voting, as far as I know there's no way of blocking or disabling that, ask Atomicstryker, Silvers, or Downtown1, they seem to have the most knowledge on here of L4D2. From my personal experiences on my own server, 9 out of 10 times most people wanna watch the stats, and if not as far as I know it requires a full vote to go back to lobby, so as long as I'm on or any other clan members, breaking the campaign switch shouldn't be a problem. Guess it's just a matter of preference, if I find it does end up happening i'll go back to default timings. Thanks again, much appreciated.
xindong
Old 05-17-2011 , 05:50   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.0 (May 16, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #13

In the end, after a failed can force change?
xindong
Old 05-17-2011 , 06:19   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.0 (May 16, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Always this closes, makes me very vexed. My English is not good, accidentally answered twice, sorry.

Last edited by xindong; 05-17-2011 at 06:22. Reason: Sorry, my English is not good, I'll pay attention next time.
bolder
Old 05-18-2011 , 11:18   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.0 (May 16, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #15

I can not run with mutation15, server always crashes after ending.
ChrisP
Old 05-18-2011 , 14:40   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.0 (May 16, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I am sorry, I do not understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolder View Post
I can not run with mutation15, server always crashes after ending.
Thanks for pointing this out. I used this site to get all the mutation's base game modes, and it says it is Versus, when in fact it actually acts more like Survival. Please keep in mind that ACS does not automatically change the map for Survival because this game mode repeats map until the players decide to change it, and they can do this by voting at any time. This is preferred because people tend to try and beat their previous record until they are satisfied and decide to change the map.
xindong
Old 05-19-2011 , 08:38   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.1 (May 18, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #17

Repetitive combat will let us be very boring. So I suggest this!
Map the final hurdle failure many times, will be forcibly switching map!
ChrisP
Old 05-21-2011 , 19:57   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.1 (May 18, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Repetitive combat will let us be very boring. So I suggest this!
Map the final hurdle failure many times, will be forcibly switching map!
I added this for you. The limit by default is 5 failures on a Coop finale map. If you want to change this limit, then change the value inside of the acs_max_coop_finale_failures cvar.
natex2012
Old 05-25-2011 , 19:06   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #19

hi. any chance for a l4d version? for those who like to play classic l4d;)
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2011 , 23:05   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #20

I like the feature where you can vote for the next campaign, but one question. When are they allowed to vote? At the last map of the campaign? or the beginning?