12% 

Break Message and Grenades detector

Post New Thread Reply   

CT_Spawn
Old 04-11-2024 , 13:36   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake. View Post
I don't think this is more useful than default one. If you want to upgrade this plugin, i have some ideas: Adding ability to create different say messages for different entities or entity classes. So, players will exactly know which entity exactly or what kind of entity is broken. For example in zombie escape:

Player x has broken a bridge
Player x has broken the bridge in the base
What you requested is here

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=347152

CT_Spawn
Old 04-11-2024 , 13:40   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
What @Snake. said I basically reiterated. Pawn is on GitHub. There is a manual. There are many TUTS here to look at how to do something. There are many scripts not in TUT/SNIPPET to look at to learn from. There is a Scripting Help section to boot. When making plugins for RE exclusively, it closes many doors. Meaning not everybody uses RE.
Brother, I am not empty for these things
You can take an idea from the code and simply recycle it
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2024 , 09:37   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #13

Thank you. I was more less offering to guide how to print everything that is broken as opposed to just generic, something is broken if you wanted or needed.
Old 04-12-2024 , 19:16   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Thank you. I was more less offering to guide how to print everything that is broken as opposed to just generic, something is broken if you wanted or needed.
I did

I have the smart version without reapi
But don't post it

But a question
How did you know that I responded to you? Does the notification system work here?
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2024 , 04:44   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #15

The notification system does work here. One must be subscribed to thread to get notice, which by default I am not set-up to do that automatically from merely replying to thread per personal preference. Instead of arbitrate name of ent that is broken on admin end, I recommend just using classname, targetname, anything other than that due to convenience. People want the computer to do the stuff for them, not the other way around. Also using preprocessor directives one can make one backwards compatible version to accommodate everybody, instead of dual threads. Simply pev_classname broken ent and print.
Old 04-13-2024 , 09:50   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
The notification system does work here. One must be subscribed to thread to get notice, which by default I am not set-up to do that automatically from merely replying to thread per personal preference. Instead of arbitrate name of ent that is broken on admin end, I recommend just using classname, targetname, anything other than that due to convenience. People want the computer to do the stuff for them, not the other way around. Also using preprocessor directives one can make one backwards compatible version to accommodate everybody, instead of dual threads. Simply pev_classname broken ent and print.
Listen, brother, pev_classname
Do not give us the name of the thing that broke, but rather give us func_breakable
And we basically know that func_breakable
We don't get a new result here

I created a solution, which is to save the names in a json file

Check the link

CT_Spawn
Old 04-13-2024 , 09:53   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Now I realize you are a model maker, haha

The important thing is that I think I misunderstood you and you misunderstood me too. I think I understood that you are talking about reducing libraries. Good.
I have a version with few libraries and it works with engine and not fakemeta

I can convert it to fakemeta as well, but I will not publish it publicly

Last edited by CT_Spawn; 04-13-2024 at 10:05. Reason: edit
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-14-2024 , 08:21   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #18

In most cases, it doesn't matter if you use a few or more libraries. Use whatever you need to get the job done, simple. Don't overcomplicate it.

Similarly, in most cases it doesn't matter if you use a engine or fakemeta, so use whatever you are more comfortable with or whatever is easier. There are a few exceptions, but in general, it does not matter.

Converting a plugin to use all fakemeta or all engine does not result in any gain, it is a waste of time.
Old 04-14-2024 , 11:23   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
In most cases, it doesn't matter if you use a few or more libraries. Use whatever you need to get the job done, simple. Don't overcomplicate it.

Similarly, in most cases it doesn't matter if you use a engine or fakemeta, so use whatever you are more comfortable with or whatever is easier. There are a few exceptions, but in general, it does not matter.

Converting a plugin to use all fakemeta or all engine does not result in any gain, it is a waste of time.
Yes, it doesn't matter, but he was the one who suggested it
The important thing is that I accomplished + reducing libraries is beneficial for efficient work performance and speed
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2024 , 10:24   Re: Break Message and Grenades detector
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Spawn View Post
Brother, I am not empty for these things
You can take an idea from the code and simply recycle it
I have already made this and better years ago. Rather other way around. Not just the idea. The code. It's too simple to post here. It is against the rules I hope you know to post what looks like any other scripter's first code and posting more less same thing across more than 1 thread like you have done here.

eg: Sticky: Plugins, quantity, quality (Multi-page thread 1 2)
Johnny got his gun

Rules:

[All Plugins]
Do not post plugins that already exist or have been written already.

Reason 2: As stated above, we have a lot of plugins. There really is no need to have badly written plugins around. Too many people that just learned scripting just too often post the first script they ever wrote.
If the original author requests that it be put under their control or removed, their request will be honored.

Do not post compiled files (.amxx). When the source is uploaded, the forum generates two links: Get Source - Get Plugin. If your plugin has custom include files which must be compiled locally, contact a plugin approver or moderator to compile it and post it for you.

Do not post plugins "just for the sake of it". eg. A fulfilled request may have been useful for one or a few people, but that does not necessarily mean that it has a place in the Approved section. Please take the time to expand your knowledge and produce some quality work.

Quote:
Now I realize you are a model maker, haha

The important thing is that I think I misunderstood you and you misunderstood me too. I think I understood that you are talking about reducing libraries. Good.
I have a version with few libraries and it works with engine and not fakemeta

I can convert it to fakemeta as well, but I will not publish it publicly
I've never been a model maker. Started modding Ultima III in 1982. More stock libs often means less code in the end.

Quote:
I did

I have the smart version without reapi
But don't post it

But a question
How did you know that I responded to you? Does the notification system work here?
1 thread and 1 snippet can accomplish this. One does not need RE or not to be specific or not.

Furthermore.
The more one adds, the more it takes away. 2 threads, 2 versions, 2 hlds versions as well, plus unnecessary custom libraries. 1 prints the message specifically, other says broke something. This is becoming increasingly convoluted. This whole thing can be accomplished with 1 tiny function/thread and do a lot more including break things that normally aren't like doors. Few maps have anything breakable. The ones that do we know what was broken. DOD maps often announce what is broken specifically already. CS does not have many things that break. I added a function from one of my grenade plugins into scripts like flying crowbar/knife/wrench. Now doors and walls can be taken down. This is not near as fun as that, too much stuff to read and config. People just want to play and have the scripts do the work automatically not admin slaving to make them work. Expected Zombie and Jailbreak maps to be more specific using descriptive targetnames on what is broken since evidently the maps and game plays are centered around these things.

What is more interesting here is why the rules don't apply to you but instead to everybody else?