Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release [WIP][TF2] Cash For Kills (Progress-Tracking Thread!)

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 03-15-2013 , 17:53   Re: [WIP][TF2] Cash For Kills (Progress-Tracking Thread!)
Reply With Quote #21

Another Update

So after doing some reading on the AlliedMods wiki, I think I'm competent enough to figure out how to make this plugin load stuff from a config file instead of convars. With that being said, I'm going to finish work on the current version so I have everything finished and coded up, then I'll get to work on converting it to use a config file.

Hopefully I don't end up screwing everything up horribly D:

EDIT: Actually, I think I'll set everything up via CVAR and release that as a CVAR version, then I'll try my hand at modifying it to make it a config file loader, then I'll release the config file version. 2 separate versions!

lol nope, nevermind. way too much work to set up a config file. screw that.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 03-15-2013 at 18:16.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-06-2013 , 20:16   Re: [WIP][TF2] Cash For Kills (Progress-Tracking Thread!)
Reply With Quote #22

Main post has been updated, source code of what I worked on has been released. It's nowhere near finished, and I sadly don't have a lot of time to work on it any more. Check the main post's attachment for the source code.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 05-10-2013 , 12:48   Re: [WIP][TF2] Cash For Kills (Progress-Tracking Thread!)
Reply With Quote #23

Ooh, a new update!

So I recently started working on this plugin again, starting where I left off originally.

As I've probably stated before, I'm saving the "player_death" event for last, because that event will contain the coding for giving credits for each specific type of kill with every weapon which is going to be a pain in my ass.

I know I already released the source code of what I've completed thus far, so if you are one of the people who grabbed the source code, feel free to keep working on it as well.

And hey, I don't even know if I've coded this thing up correctly thus far, and if it will even give credits properly. So yeah. I'm gonna be poking around the coding a bit to see if I can make some significant progress in finishing this huge project.

I've not yet seen anyone else release a TF2 credits for kills plugin yet (other than that already existing, very basic version that whats-his-name released).

With that being said, away I go!
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 11-28-2013 , 12:22   Re: [WIP][TF2] Cash For Kills (Progress-Tracking Thread!)
Reply With Quote #24

Ok, so another update. I completely forgot about this plugin, what with my being busy working on my Boss Spawner Deluxe plugin.

Whilst perusing my coding folder, I happened upon this plugin and thought to myself "Was I supposed to be working on this, or did I just give up on it?".

Then I checked this thread and apparently I was supposed to be working on it. So I'm working on it again. Basically all I have left to do is the death event, setting up cash amount convars for each and every weapon in TF2, as well as any other death-related stuff (such as losing points when you die)

I won't be setting up any fancy stuff to detect the new Australium or Killstreak weapons because they're just normal weapons with fancy add-ons. The only issue is, I need to figure out the weapon names for some of the newer things like the Australium Frying Pan (because that is considered its own weapon). For example, the Nessie's Nine Iron is labelled internally as "nessieclub".

Scream Fortress 2013 spells are going to be added, as I already have a few "classnames" for some of the deadly spells, as some servers may use the Set Spell plugin, so I want to make sure the spells are added in. Here's the names I've gotten thus far:

Code:
spellbook_fireball
spellbook_boss
spellbook_lightning
spellbook_skeleton
spellbook_athletic
spellbook_meteor
As well, I know Valve recently messed with something to do with Jarate and Mad Milk, but I'm not sure if their messing-around modified the current weapon name for both weapons which is just "jar".

If anyone knows where I can find a list of all the weapon names ingame, or a way to generate a list of them, please let me know!

EDIT: Found out where to find this info. It's all in items_game.txt. Golden Frying Pan is "golden_fryingpan", by the way.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 11-28-2013 at 14:33.