Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Anti Speedhack v1.8 : Discontinued

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Server Management       
DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 01:22   Anti Speedhack v1.8 : Discontinued

Discontinued
This module is discontinued by the author. May be used freely in any educational purposes or removed by admin. It still has known bugs and issues.

Why?
I have discontinued this plugin since im working on a new one working in a similar way but is combined with the anti fastfire plugin and some other custom modifications. The new plugin will be released at first when it is stable enough after long-term tests.

18'th of October 2005

--------------------------------------------------------
IS THIS SCRIPT SAFE FOR ME?
Due to many peope being worried that this plugin might be hazardus for their server since it easely will ban people that might not have cheated, i will clarify this:
This anti-cheat plugin is developed to be used for normal servers - not funservers. For those servers who not always have admins online, hosting normal cs servers using normal maps and who dont want their users abusued by speedhackers or rapidfirers - this is theirs plugin.

Use this on funservers at own risk.

Anti Speedhack v1.8
This script will detect and ban speedhackers.

amx_sh_autokick | default 1, 1=on-0=off | Atomaticly kicks speedhackers when no admin is online

If you want to try it on, you might want to use GHW_Chronic's Legal Speed Hack

Whats new
1.8 - Fixed bug : Previously the script banns YOU - not the speedhacker

F.A.Q
Q) Will it ban people just from falling?
A) From falling a loooong way, yes. edit: very long and very fast during a very short period to be precise.

Q) Can i use this with KZ/SURF maps?
A) Yes and no - the script will not run if those types of maps are loaded.

Q) Issues with teleporting?
A) None other then that admins will recive a message that you might be speedhacking - should be rather safe.

Caution!
If this pluggin runs amok, kills your dog and steals your girlfriend away from you, dont ask me why and dont blaim me. Use this at own risk. Known side effects may be that your server may randomly ban people without warning IF you mess upp with the sens values. If you experience these negative effects, try increasing these values - NOT decreasing!

READ THE README FILE
If anything at all is unclear, read the readme file downloadable next to the plugin download.

-Note to admin:
Sorry i am updating this so often. During the past few days i have bugtested this quite alot and everytime you think you have corrected all the errors, new ones commes up. I hope i have respected all rules, especialy regarding credits.

If i have missed out anyone who should be in the credits, please tell.

License Model
The license form of this plugin is released open source under the terms of the GPL v2 which can be found here - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

COVERED CODE IS PROVIDED UNDER THIS LICENSE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE COVERED CODE IS FREE OF DEFECTS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE COVERED CODE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY COVERED CODE PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL DEVELOPER OR ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY COVERED CODE IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.

Futher more, this plugin may not be used in commercial purposes such as pay-to-play servers. This does not include servers generating proffit from adverts are not concidered.

For futher information on a commercial license : contact me at [email protected]
- Sorry, but no one should pay for free software
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (anti_speedhack.sma - 4270 views - 9.4 KB)
File Type: zip readme.zip (3.5 KB, 1454 views)
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 01:32  

This could easily result in an innocent ban since the users velocity could have been changed dramaticaly from falling, explosion, etc .
One shot dont miss!
Old 10-13-2005 , 01:34  

yea lol that would be funny
Old 10-13-2005 , 01:36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77
This could easily result in an innocent ban since the users velocity could have been changed dramaticaly from falling, explosion, etc .
Well, yes and no - speedhackers travel cross the whole map during a splitt second while falling or being exploded makes you travel at most 1000 units over a second...? For a ban (using current settings) you would have to over a period of 1 second have to travel 1450 units, very rare unless speedhacking.

Anyway, you are free to change the sensitivity values if you feel that 450/1000 is to low

Edit:
... all this unless fallling from kz maps offcourse, as i explain in the file itself this is NOT suitable for kz maps... or any other maps in where you can teleport or go realy fast as in l33tsk33t.
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 01:43  

Very Few speed hacks zoom across the map in a split second.

And like a side velocity/avlecotiy becomes a problem.

Take a surf map, i've seen people easily go as fast as people with speed hacks on those.

This can also be done with a simply falling.

Anyway.. continue on...
DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 01:52  

Quote:
Very Few speed hacks zoom across the map in a split second.

And like a side velocity/avlecotiy becomes a problem.

Take a surf map, i've seen people easily go as fast as people with speed hacks on those.

This can also be done with a simply falling.

Anyway.. continue on...
Yea, i think it speeks for itself that when the script simply checks position changes for high values over time, it becomes unsuitable for surf maps - kz maps etc etc, or maps where you may fall a kinda long way down. Still, you can make the script regocnize the types of maps to not run on, or possibly make the sensitivety values map-dependent, but since i dont use neither kz or surf maps, i feel for myself little need to add them.

Open source, YOU deal with it ;)

Anyway, i havent tested if this script will or will not ban speedhackers, but i have tested it myself and adjusted the values to be well above normals, so in normal conditions playing dust2 this script wont kick you unless you dropp the sensetivety values a bit.
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2005 , 01:55  

1) Its not my plugin, its your responsiblity smart one, and its really not that hard to add support, just add one if statment, and check the mapname. Boy, thats real hard.

So yes it is YOUR problem.

2) For the last fricking time, and may this be the last tiem anybody has to say it to somebody else, Do not post a plugin you have tested, it makes no sense.
DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 02:06  

Quote:
1) Its not my plugin, its your responsiblity smart one, and its really not that hard to add support, just add one if statment, and check the mapname. Boy, thats real hard.

So yes it is YOUR problem.

2) For the last fricking time, and may this be the last tiem anybody has to say it to somebody else, Do not post a plugin you have tested, it makes no sense.
Well;
1) You dont actualy have any authority over what I am developing. As a free man, i choose to create scripts and also what to make. If i dont feel like doing something about it, its your choice to modify it to your own needs - its neither of ours responsibility to add the support for this but if YOU want it - YOU do it. After all, its just one little if statement, is that so hard? ;)

2) It is tested and it is working, but not propperly tested since i dont use speedhack myself. It checks your movement, if the values are higher then max allowed you will be kicked. You can adjust the sensetivity to being banned for sneeking/walking/running/fallling/speedhacking and i have adjusted it to NOT ban people for sneeking/walking/running/falling in a "normal" way, so assuming speedhacking is going faster then normal sneeking/walking/running/falling it can and will ban them.

Suggestion: Modify you attitude ;)

Edit:
Have now propperly tested the code and it seems to be 100% working.
Tested with "Legal Speed Hack" plugin by GHW_Chronic and the script booted me right out when using it - not otherwize.
Old 10-13-2005 , 06:13  

What's about people who "roll the dice" and win the "race car" will they also be caught?

Sammy
DarkSnow
Old 10-13-2005 , 06:38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuccaboy
What's about people who "roll the dice" and win the "race car" will they also be caught?

Sammy
Anyone and i mean anyone gets caught if going to fast. This police officer is unbribeable... Offcource, you could always modify it to know wether the player has the racecar or not and make it not deal out speedingtickets...

But atm i have missed something since people tend to get banned if joining in the middle of a game so il have to fix that at first.