Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

Sarin
Old 01-18-2016 , 05:11   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5011

I had my endgamesilent set to 0 and it wouldnt change map. I change to 1 and prcsto it worked
14m3r
Old 01-25-2016 , 09:15   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5012

Hi, m8s! Can anybody advise which plugins are better use in GG for infinity map and winner sounds (in the end of map) on the server?
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2016 , 14:08   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14m3r View Post
Hi, m8s! Can anybody advise which plugins are better use in GG for infinity map and winner sounds (in the end of map) on the server?
Not sure what you want exactly. I don't think there are any optional plugin modules with GG except /gungame_sdkhooks.smx, which comes disabled by default. You should leave all of the plugins enabled in their default folders and configure GG by the gungame.cfg.txt appropriate for your game.

I'm not sure what an infinity map is, unless you mean making one map run forever, in which case you'd never had a "winner" so no winner sounds. You can configure the winner sounds in gungame.config.txt.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
14m3r
Old 01-26-2016 , 03:53   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Not sure what you want exactly. I don't think there are any optional plugin modules with GG except /gungame_sdkhooks.smx, which comes disabled by default. You should leave all of the plugins enabled in their default folders and configure GG by the gungame.cfg.txt appropriate for your game.

I'm not sure what an infinity map is, unless you mean making one map run forever, in which case you'd never had a "winner" so no winner sounds. You can configure the winner sounds in gungame.config.txt.
What I need to do:
1. The map should be continued until the complete victory of the one particular player. Right now the round ends every time, when all players in command CT or T are dead (as in usual CS).
2. I need to do that in the end of the map should be randomly play one of the specified songs.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2016 , 19:24   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14m3r View Post
What I need to do:
1. The map should be continued until the complete victory of the one particular player. Right now the round ends every time, when all players in command CT or T are dead (as in usual CS).
2. I need to do that in the end of the map should be randomly play one of the specified songs.
So you actually need the round to end, which really has nothing to do with the map. You need to be using special map(s) that have the round conditions removed, like the maps listed in the OP.

As far as the song being random, as far as I know, there is no way to do that unless you write your own code to overwrite the file each map with a random song , and run that code each time you load a map.

Edit: The gungame winner sound is configured in gungame.config.txt with the sounds/Winner key, at the bottom of the file. The default is gungame/winner.mp3, but you can overwrite that file with a random file of your own, but you will have to code and set all that up, GG does not have that option built in.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 01-26-2016 at 19:28.
purevenom
Old 02-04-2016 , 07:11   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5016

Im Running sm_gungame works fine everything is fine but when enabling Knife elite to 1 and Changing "1" "awp"
"2" "g3sg1"
"3" "m249"
"4" "sg550"
"5" "ak47"
"6" "m4a1"
"7" "sg552"
"8" "aug"
"9" "galil"
"10" "famas"
"11" "mp5navy"
"12" "p90"
"13" "tmp"
"14" "ump45"
"15" "mac10"
"16" "xm1014"
"17" "m3"
"18" "scout"
"19" "deagle"
"20" "elite"
"21" "fiveseven"
"22" "p228"
"23" "usp"
"24" "glock"
"25" "hegrenade"
"26" "knife"
as the weapon order After making a kill with a gun Server Crashes everytime, However if you knife only it levels fine.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2016 , 15:51   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5017

Quote:
Originally Posted by purevenom View Post
Im Running sm_gungame works fine everything is fine but when enabling Knife elite to 1 and Changing "1" "awp"
"2" "g3sg1"
"3" "m249"
"4" "sg550"
"5" "ak47"
"6" "m4a1"
"7" "sg552"
"8" "aug"
"9" "galil"
"10" "famas"
"11" "mp5navy"
"12" "p90"
"13" "tmp"
"14" "ump45"
"15" "mac10"
"16" "xm1014"
"17" "m3"
"18" "scout"
"19" "deagle"
"20" "elite"
"21" "fiveseven"
"22" "p228"
"23" "usp"
"24" "glock"
"25" "hegrenade"
"26" "knife"
as the weapon order After making a kill with a gun Server Crashes everytime, However if you knife only it levels fine.
It could be many things, be I would try a clean install of the plugin. Delete the plugin and it's folders altogether, re-download it, and re-install it.

My plugins:
ThatUnfunGuy
Old 02-26-2016 , 05:49   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5018

Hey guys,

I was wondering two thing.

1. Is there a way to force bots to use nades on nade level?
It seems that bots are almost unable to win, without a large amount of luck. They seem to switch from nade to knife most of the time and just go at each other with the knife. I would love if I could force them to always use the nade. I have the settings that keeps giving you a new nade enabled. So sometimes they'll throw more than one, but not often. This means they mostly have to get a kill with the first nade for it to count. Any advice? Sorry if this was asked already, I didn't search the thread for this particular problem (I'm not sure how I'd manage that). My main problem is the second thing though, and I tried searching the thread for a solution, but didn't find any.

2. Is there a way to allow a kill from every source of damage to count?
I'm running a private gungame and wcs server. Some of the wcs skills do damage and if that damage is the final hit it'll show the player was killed by a skull. Ideally I would like only damage buffs to count towards kill count and not active abilities, but I figured that would be impossible. I already tried enabling the physics damage option, it didn't help. I have disable all ways for a player to get another weapon, so enabling any source of damage to count would still work. Is there a way to do so? If it's just the physics option, maybe I've configured it wrong? Am I supposed to leave both the csgo and css config folders? Or should I delete one and keep the other? Or maybe even copy the files from one to the main gungame config folder?

All help is greatly appreciated, even if it's just your speculations
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2016 , 13:59   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatUnfunGuy View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering two thing.

1. Is there a way to force bots to use nades on nade level?
It seems that bots are almost unable to win, without a large amount of luck. They seem to switch from nade to knife most of the time and just go at each other with the knife. I would love if I could force them to always use the nade. I have the settings that keeps giving you a new nade enabled. So sometimes they'll throw more than one, but not often. This means they mostly have to get a kill with the first nade for it to count. Any advice? Sorry if this was asked already, I didn't search the thread for this particular problem (I'm not sure how I'd manage that). My main problem is the second thing though, and I tried searching the thread for a solution, but didn't find any.

2. Is there a way to allow a kill from every source of damage to count?
I'm running a private gungame and wcs server. Some of the wcs skills do damage and if that damage is the final hit it'll show the player was killed by a skull. Ideally I would like only damage buffs to count towards kill count and not active abilities, but I figured that would be impossible. I already tried enabling the physics damage option, it didn't help. I have disable all ways for a player to get another weapon, so enabling any source of damage to count would still work. Is there a way to do so? If it's just the physics option, maybe I've configured it wrong? Am I supposed to leave both the csgo and css config folders? Or should I delete one and keep the other? Or maybe even copy the files from one to the main gungame config folder?

All help is greatly appreciated, even if it's just your speculations
I'm not sure which game you are running, but I believe you can limit what weapons the bots use through game cvars, and if not then there is almost certainly another plugin that does this. The whole idea of gungame is to advance through use of different weapons, so limiting some players to that defeats the whole purpose. I don't know what WCS is, but allowing a kill from every source of damage, it should do that already. You may not level up for that, because that isn't gungame, but there are some options when it comes to knife and nades. Go through the options file line be line (gungame.config.txt) and see what you can find in there. You should have no reason to delete any folders, just edit the config files that are in your folder. Deleting the folder that is unused may cause an unexpected error at some point, and those files don't take up that much space. Unless you are really pressed for HD space that bad, don't delete any files/folders.

My plugins:
ThatUnfunGuy
Old 02-27-2016 , 01:55   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
I'm not sure which game you are running, but I believe you can limit what weapons the bots use through game cvars, and if not then there is almost certainly another plugin that does this. The whole idea of gungame is to advance through use of different weapons, so limiting some players to that defeats the whole purpose. I don't know what WCS is, but allowing a kill from every source of damage, it should do that already. You may not level up for that, because that isn't gungame, but there are some options when it comes to knife and nades. Go through the options file line be line (gungame.config.txt) and see what you can find in there. You should have no reason to delete any folders, just edit the config files that are in your folder. Deleting the folder that is unused may cause an unexpected error at some point, and those files don't take up that much space. Unless you are really pressed for HD space that bad, don't delete any files/folders.
I'm running CS:S. I don't want to limit their use of weapon at all times, just during the nadelevel. And even then it's not so much about limiting their use, but about prioritizing the nade higher, so they don't just switch to the knife. Maybe I could just enable level steal when you're on nade.

WCS is short for Warcraft Source. It adds a race and skill system. Some of these skills add damage to shots. The problem is that the damage boost is programmed in a way where it doesn't count as damage from the weapon. So I was wondering if their was a way to allow people to level up from a kill from any damage source. Players on my server don't have access to any weapon that isn't supplied by the gungame system. I have pick-ups disabled. I get that what I'm doing is in no way supported or intented. So it's fine if there isn't a way to do it. It's just a little sad killing someone with your gun, but it doesn't count because the killing blow was from the bonus damage effect. But that's what happens when you mix and match.

Okay, I was just wondering because inside the gungame config folder are two additional folders. One for CS:S and one for CS:GO and some of the options I've enabled doesn't seem to work. But it's possible I just misunderstood what they were, because others have worked. It wasn't so much about wanting to delete anything, I was just wondering if I had to.

Thanks for the reply