Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 4/12/2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-07-2018 , 12:44   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/6/2018)
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowGod View Post
that can come in the near future.
Perfect, I'll be waiting...
juss
Old 02-07-2018 , 13:00   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/7/2018)
Reply With Quote #242

So how can I turn on sm_ban by default instead of source bans, asking cause I don't see this option in generated CowAntiCheat.cfg. - I see in logs there were bans made:

[CowAC] 02/07/2018 09:45:12 | BAN | Sima has been detected for Bhop Assist (10)

but then I checked my mysql ban list (which is working by sm_ban command) I didn't see those bans in there, maybe because its using source bans instead idk really )

I see this IF in .sp file

if(sourcebans)
SourceBans_BanPlayer(0, client, g_ConVar_PerfectStrafeBanTime.IntValue, "[CowAC] Consistant Perfect Strafes Detected.");
else
{
BanClient(client, g_ConVar_PerfectStrafeBanTime.IntValue, BANFLAG_AUTO, "[CowAC] Consistant Perfect Strafes Detected.");
}

so if it didn't found source bans it should use BanClient() function , but does this function banning with sm_ban command ?

Last edited by juss; 02-07-2018 at 13:07.
Addicted.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-07-2018 , 13:32   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/7/2018)
Reply With Quote #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by juss View Post
So how can I turn on sm_ban by default instead of source bans, asking cause I don't see this option in generated CowAntiCheat.cfg. - I see in logs there were bans made:

[CowAC] 02/07/2018 09:45:12 | BAN | Sima has been detected for Bhop Assist (10)

but then I checked my mysql ban list (which is working by sm_ban command) I didn't see those bans in there, maybe because its using source bans instead idk really )

I see this IF in .sp file

if(sourcebans)
SourceBans_BanPlayer(0, client, g_ConVar_PerfectStrafeBanTime.IntValue, "[CowAC] Consistant Perfect Strafes Detected.");
else
{
BanClient(client, g_ConVar_PerfectStrafeBanTime.IntValue, BANFLAG_AUTO, "[CowAC] Consistant Perfect Strafes Detected.");
}

so if it didn't found source bans it should use BanClient() function , but does this function banning with sm_ban command ?
The sm_ban command leads to this callback which eventually calls BanClient() through the PrepareBan() function

All of this can be found at https://github.com/alliedmodders/sourcemod/blob/master/plugins/basebans/ban.sp

So the answer is yes, the BanClient() native does the same thing as the sm_ban command

Last edited by Addicted.; 02-07-2018 at 13:34.
juss
Old 02-07-2018 , 13:35   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/7/2018)
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted. View Post
The sm_ban command leads to this callback which eventually calls BanClient() through the PrepareBan() function

So the answer is yes, the BanClient() native does the same thing as the sm_ban command
thanks for letting me know, now the only thing to figure out why there is no bans stored in mysql db =) SMAC stores them just fine and any other bans made with sm_ban, im confused
I did not change CowAntiCheat.cfg at all (its just the way as it was created by plugin)

Last edited by juss; 02-07-2018 at 13:42.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-07-2018 , 21:19   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/6/2018)
Reply With Quote #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted. View Post
Anyway you would make the php file for the hour checker public?

It just adds another external dependency, if you decide to remove your webserver one day this feature will become useless.
OP can send it privately if he wants, and I provide one that is available forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
One suggestion would be to have the option to ban entry of VAC Banned Players, any kind of ban on the case, even if you have ban on the Steam Marketplace.
First, the bumping rule of AlliedModders also applies to you.

Next, I do not see any ideas of adding to this plugin what is already available with other plugins:

The more you bundle in one single thing, the more a mess it will become, and more likely to include bugs and bad results, as it has been seen with many other "all in one"-things.

Quote:
that can come in the near future.
As I said above: I wouldn't do it, but simply keep the plugin around "cheats" itself:

There are also several plugins out there that can do what was requested already... I'd advise to suggest people to use them instead of making 1.000.000 different plugins do the same "small" things.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
CowGod
Old 02-08-2018 , 00:14   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/6/2018)
Reply With Quote #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
OP can send it privately if he wants, and I provide one that is available forever.

First, the bumping rule of AlliedModders also applies to you.

Next, I do not see any ideas of adding to this plugin what is already available with other plugins:

The more you bundle in one single thing, the more a mess it will become, and more likely to include bugs and bad results, as it has been seen with many other "all in one"-things.

As I said above: I wouldn't do it, but simply keep the plugin around "cheats" itself:

There are also several plugins out there that can do what was requested already... I'd advise to suggest people to use them instead of making 1.000.000 different plugins do the same "small" things.
I'm not making multiple plug-ins to do little things. They are all built into the One Core plug in.

Last edited by CowGod; 02-08-2018 at 00:14.
Send a message via Skype™ to CowGod
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-08-2018 , 00:21   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/6/2018)
Reply With Quote #247

Quote:
I'm not making multiple plug-ins to do little things. They are all built into the One Core plug in.
That wasn't what I said:

For such as VAC checking, there is already VAC Status Checker (v.2.2.0 10/9/17)

There are also various plugins that checks play time and whether a profile is public or private, so also there it makes no sense to add it into this plugin.

I would personally say no, and tell people with such requests to use the already existing plugins, instead of having 1.000.000 different plugins checking private profile status, 1.000.000 different plugins checking VAC status, ... etc.

There are literally no reasons to re-invent the wheel.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2018 , 00:39   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/6/2018)
Reply With Quote #248

Quote:
It doesn't matter, the only reason we need it to be public on connect is to check their playtime, once they are in the server it doesn't matter. Also if you don't like the feature you can disable it.
I just thought those binds/macros were safe and were resulting in false positives, hence why I mentioned them.
I've disabled the macro check... will learn better about it asap. I don't really want to disable features like that
The private checker, uhm, so I misunderstood the purpose of it... What if a simple moderator would like to check a specific player's playtime? (eg suspected of smurfing) this plugin is not meant for that I guess?
Unless there is some sorf of way to check via console after the player has joined.
Old 02-08-2018 , 00:43   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/6/2018)
Reply With Quote #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
That wasn't what I said:

For such as VAC checking, there is already VAC Status Checker (v.2.2.0 10/9/17)

There are also various plugins that checks play time and whether a profile is public or private, so also there it makes no sense to add it into this plugin.

I would personally say no, and tell people with such requests to use the already existing plugins, instead of having 1.000.000 different plugins checking private profile status, 1.000.000 different plugins checking VAC status, ... etc.

There are literally no reasons to re-invent the wheel.
I see what you're saying, makes sense.
Send a message via Skype™ to CowGod
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2018 , 00:46   Re: [CS:GO] Cow Anti-Cheat (Updated 2/7/2018)
Reply With Quote #250

Where does the log take the time from?

PHP Code:
[CowAC02/07/2018 08:36:06 LOG Joseph has been detected for AutoShoot Script (35
Is that the server time? I have an event that was detected at around 2 - 2:10 PM and it shows 01:44 uhm.
Maybe my server time is off? (I need this because it might help me fix another issue, not related to this plugin)

Also, how would I go about investigating if a decection is legit or a false positive?
Thanks