Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

realism (for CS)

Post New Thread Reply   

ts2do
Old 06-01-2004 , 21:34  
Reply With Quote #11

yes I believe pfn_touch could be used to equip cts with bombs and if u want them to be able to plant and defuse it by themselves, you can use cs_set_user_plant
Old 06-01-2004 , 22:31  
Reply With Quote #12

how about ct can pick up the bomb and if he returns it to where he spawned then the cts win (sorta like rescuing a hostage)? Maybe 25% of the T team can be given bombs to compensate (and the CTs must rescue or defuse them all). 3 grenades is not a bad idea, but more realistically you could only hold a total of 4 grenades (1 HE + 2 Flashbangs + 1 smoke) but you would be allowed any combination of the grenades.

Either way I'd need a little help writing the plugin to do that. Maybe some code fragments?

BTW, the idea behind the realism plugin is that it increases the need for "cover fire" and teamwork by introducing inaccuracies in the weapons (so you shoot but you dont expect to hit him, just simply scare him), make players more weak to the spray weapons (by introducing injuries and having a trained smger be more powerful than an untrained rifleman), while still allowing the gameplay to be fast paced. By introducing more HE grenades, nade spam might become rediculous and thus slow down the gameplay (possibly you'd end up with both teams throwing a bunch of grenades every 3 seconds for the first minute). I do like the idea of some players taking the role of "grenader" though. Maybe buying clips of ammo could take away from the number of grenades you can hold.

I would also like to implement these ideas if I knew how:
-decrease the power of throwing grenades so everyone isn't a randy johnson who can chuck them 300 feet (slightly so its more realistic looking but doesnt impede on the gameplay)
-increase the rate of fatigue for those that carry shields... but how do I know if they are holding a shield?
-kick players who have created aliases to block the arm injury and deagle recoil

I think I'll leave more grenades for other mod makers to make independently
ts2do
Old 06-02-2004 , 12:27  
Reply With Quote #13

I got an idea, u kno in hl how theres a gun with the rightclick a grenade launcher? make that
Code:
#include<amxmodx> #include<engine> new mp5nades[33] public client_PreThink(id){     new temp[2]     if(get_user_button(id)&IN_ATTACK2&&!(get_user_oldbutton(id)&IN_ATTACK2)&&get_user_weapon(id,temp[0],temp[1])==CSW_MP5NAVY&&mp5nades[id]){             launch_nade(id)         }     } }
like that, needs some work but thats pretty much the idea
Old 06-02-2004 , 18:49   Like in Viet Cong
Reply With Quote #14

I have an idea to add to this plugin. If you have already played to Viet Cong, you will know what I'm talking about!

It's when you are near an explosion of a HE you become a deaf person for a certain time.

I don't know how to code, but I' sure you will had to get HE explosion position, make a radius and play a sound on the client.

Then if you like the idea, try it!

And the Grenade Laucher is great
[FBX]
Old 06-02-2004 , 19:07  
Reply With Quote #15

theres already a plugin that makes you deaf for a certain amount of time if you get flashbanged but its technique is grotesque. The server has no way of knowing what the volume is set for a client so it has to force the client to play at a certain volume (which the client wouldnt like) and it can only change the volume by executing the command "volume 0.0" or something like that to simulate deafness. If the client disconnects while he is deaf his volume will stay that way and players unfamiliar with the half life console might panic trying to figure out why their volume changed and even then players that are familiar with the half life console would become annoyed.

Its cool if you dont mind having your volume having to be a certain number and you dont disconnect while your alive and you know how to fix your volume if like you get kicked or the server crashes while your deafened... but thats it. Most players dont want to put up with that. You cant spam stopsound into a client's console because he'll still hear the bits and pieces of the starting of a sound.

as for that weapon... I think your talking about m16 carbine and that really doesnt have much to do with realism. If someone wants to implement that, that would be a seperate mod, but it sounds very hard to do.

As for the progress for the CT's being able to pick up the bomb: so far I've gotten it so a CT can pick up the bomb, have a timer (similar to defusing) show up on their screen, and have it so when that timer finishes the bomb is "defused" and gets thrown to the ground where it is worthless. I've worked on making an artificial win condition so that the match wont become like what you get when the Ts kill all the hostages. I dont want to kill off all the Ts when the bomb is "defused" but the only alterantive (to make the defusing player a VIP and draw a VIP win zone right on him) isn't working so far (the win zone isn't being put in the correct location or something since I cant seem to ever collide with it). The CT can also plant the bomb to defuse it.

I also want to have the bomb appear on the CTs back if thats possible, since it doesnt seem like its doing that at the moment.
ts2do
Old 06-02-2004 , 22:31  
Reply With Quote #16

I dont think its possible, I think I seen it once but I dont remember, I think the bomb models are hardcored directly into the terrorist models
Old 06-04-2004 , 00:30  
Reply With Quote #17

I've updated this to version 1.2. Now CTs can pick up the bomb and disarm it while carrying it. See edited first post to get file and full description.
[FBX]
Old 06-05-2004 , 02:37  
Reply With Quote #18

uploaded version 1.3- requires fakefull module. CT now makes noise when he picks up bomb
[FBX]
Old 06-07-2004 , 08:18  
Reply With Quote #19

updated to version 1.4-
-various bugs squashed
-added extra recoil for certain weapons under certain circumstances (shotguns now make you look toward the sky if your jumping or falling or something when you shoot with it).
-first attempt at fixing speed problems associated with players moving too fast for things such as shields or the sniper rifles(might have introduced more bugs by accident, haven't really payed too much attention because its late and I cant test this any more)
-dead players will now drop their grenades which can be picked up

see the first post for download of new version
DopeFish
Old 06-07-2004 , 09:03  
Reply With Quote #20

a few things I noticed ... 56 warnings is pretty ugly. If they were only "loose indentation" warnings I wouldn't care much, but most of them are "symbol is never used" or "tag mismatch", you really need to clean up your code.

Post links to requirements that are not in the default amxx package (fakefull), makes life easier for everyone.
Send a message via ICQ to DopeFish