Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions

Post New Thread Reply   

MrNoGo
Old 10-13-2017 , 17:39   Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.

I have a dedicated csgo server. I use it only for clan matches, but i would like to have a FFA DeathMatch on it when we aren't playing PCW. The thing is, i'm really a newbie when it comes to addons etc. But so far i have installed Metamod and Sourcemod with success!

The plugin i am looking for is " https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=246405 " or the Deathmatch goes advanced (i really have no idea who is the best one to use) https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=233685

Now, my problem is, these plugins (atleast the advanced one) needs the the following extensions: cURL (Recommended), Socket, SteamTools (0.8.1+), and probably the Upater Tool(?).

At this point these extensions starts to mess with my head. I have no idea how to install or run the extensions required for the Deathmatch plugin to work. I have tried to google and find answers here on the forum, but all i find is bits and pieces and it all feels like a big mess. I can't really find a detailed guide or tutorial on how i should proceed with these extensions.

Can anyone on this friendly forum please help me? Maybe guide me to a tutorial or a guide? Maybe an updated Youtube guide? it would be much apreciated.

Thanks!
Kurtan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2017 , 07:00   Re: Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions
Reply With Quote #2

When you download an extension, you will more than often get an "extension" folder. You can merge that folder with the existing "extension" folder in Sourcemod directory

../addons/sourcemod/
Old 10-14-2017 , 13:14   Re: Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtan View Post
When you download an extension, you will more than often get an "extension" folder. You can merge that folder with the existing "extension" folder in Sourcemod directory

../addons/sourcemod/
Thanks for the reply, that makes things a little bit clearer when it comes to files including an extension folder. However, when it comes to the Curl, this doesn't include an extension folder. And this is requred to run both Updater tool and the DeathMatch plugin.

This is basically where i get tuck. I have never heard of Curl before and i can't really figure out how to install/run/move/migrate or whatever it does to where, and how.

I have downloaded one of the files from curl.haxx.se (curl-7.56.0.tar.gz to be exact). But fore the love of god i can't figure out how to use it for my dedicated server , so i can run the required extensions for the DeathMatch plugin.

How do i use it for my server?

By the way, i am using windows 10 as a dedicated server.

Thanks once more.

Last edited by MrNoGo; 10-14-2017 at 13:16.
headline
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-14-2017 , 14:45   Re: Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions
Reply With Quote #4

You followed the wrong link for the cURL extension.

Download the extension here.

Move the contents of the extensions folder to your extensions folder on the server and you'll be good to go. The process is identical for other extensions as well, but some may have more files (the placement of these are obvious)
MrNoGo
Old 10-15-2017 , 08:05   Re: Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
You followed the wrong link for the cURL extension.

Download the extension here.

Move the contents of the extensions folder to your extensions folder on the server and you'll be good to go. The process is identical for other extensions as well, but some may have more files (the placement of these are obvious)

Well. No wonder i didn't understand anything . This makes everything clear now. Thank you for your patient and for your time spent explaning.
MrNoGo
Old 10-15-2017 , 15:08   Re: Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions
Reply With Quote #6

I got everything working now for the deathmatch server. Thanks for the help.

Now i only have one issue left. If i want to disable the deathmatch plugin and go back to normal settings (Pcw settings using a Esl config), what do i do? I have tried to load the Esl config, for when we play clan games, but the deathmatch is still ruling the server. I can't figure out how to disable it, temporarly.

Thanks

Last edited by MrNoGo; 10-15-2017 at 15:08.
Kurtan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-15-2017 , 15:17   Re: Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions
Reply With Quote #7

You can use this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1682844 for easy of use. You will have to remove the Deathmatch plugin inorder for it not to be loaded.
Old 10-16-2017 , 03:39   Re: Guide on Installing DeathMatch and Extensions
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtan View Post
You can use this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1682844 for easy of use. You will have to remove the Deathmatch plugin inorder for it not to be loaded.
Very nice. Thank you. Much apreciated