Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Eye Test module

Post New Thread Reply   

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2014 , 03:43   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #341

You are still speaking as if admins are online 24/7.

Unless you can explain to me how an admin can spectate and ban a hacker while he's asleep, or 10 miles away from his computer at work, or whathaveyou.

An admin happened to be on when this hacker was on. What makes you think that there is a guarantee that the admin will be on next time? I'm having a hard time grasping your thought process on this one.

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-20-2014 at 03:46.
TwOzCaR
Old 08-20-2014 , 03:52   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
You are still speaking as if admins are online 24/7.

Unless you can explain to me how an admin can spectate and ban a hacker while he's asleep, or 10 miles away from his computer at work, or whathaveyou.

An admin happened to be on when this hacker was on. What makes you think that there is a guarantee that the admin will be on next time? I'm having a hard time grasping your thought process on this one.
this is simply how Ade thinks no questions asked further !

kindly regards SMAC Team. TwOzCaR
Ade
I love purple
Old 08-20-2014 , 09:47   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #343

my god, i said OR wait a few hrs (while you sleep, take a shit, live ur real life outside of the game etc) so vac does its thing
u can also ask other admins or regulars or players thru motd to do the right thing and: type status in console to get steamid, go in spec and record the blatant screenshaking and send to w/e email addy the sv_contact has, or thru ur steam profile, the entire thing so that a ban can commence

really? is this admining 1o1?

smac is dyin, in case u havent noticed

Last edited by Ade; 08-20-2014 at 09:50.
TwOzCaR
Old 08-21-2014 , 05:28   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade View Post

smac is dyin, in case u havent noticed
yes thanks to the DMCA takedown!

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-21-2014 , 09:08   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwOzCaR View Post
yes thanks to the DMCA takedown!
That doesn't necessarily mean development has to stop.
Old 08-21-2014 , 16:47   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
That doesn't necessarily mean development has to stop.
nope but it took the breath away from the devs unfortunately

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2014 , 18:04   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade View Post
my god, i said OR wait a few hrs (while you sleep, take a shit, live ur real life outside of the game etc) so vac does its thing
u can also ask other admins or regulars or players thru motd to do the right thing and: type status in console to get steamid, go in spec and record the blatant screenshaking and send to w/e email addy the sv_contact has, or thru ur steam profile, the entire thing so that a ban can commence

Why should I wait a few hours when there is a way to have them taken care of instantly? What if the only person who can ban offline users is on vacation?

When players have to wait a few hours for a hacker to be banned, that's several hours WHERE THE SERVER ISN'T PLAYABLE.

There are so many variables in real life that make your suggestion so unrealistic. I'm honestly in awe. And you still have yet to explain why the instant solution isn't desirable.

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-21-2014 at 18:06.
Ade
I love purple
Old 08-22-2014 , 02:58   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #348

Sub admins can also have the right to ban, but what I do is I check those bans when I get back and undo the admin abuse ones. The risk of having a server unplayable while no admins on it is always there, stop insisting on such trivial facts, I think you just love to argue.

Someone already said he/she didn't think it will help, unless tehre was another instant solution I missed. Plus OP is free to try the solution that was PMd to him. This is a forum and I'm just stating my opinion, am not giving orders.
Plus Smac I think already doesn't bother with this obvious hack nor I think it should be burdened with it. Plus the eye module imHo should only be kept for the old movement command part, from what I read so far, it's the only useful part; for hl2dm for instance it fills the log unnecessarily with eye angle detections cus when you enter the game and joining unassigned, at times it spawns you facing a wall for half a second then quickly turns you in the proper spawn direction, no hax there, just a new line in the log...
Old 04-22-2016 , 17:49   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #349

Hi Guys,

SMAC seems to be working fine for me - but received these in the SMAC log today, was wondering if they are legit suspects and what do these numbers actually mean?

L 04/17/2016 - 1879: [smac_eyetest.smx | 0.8.6.0] No-Face ツ (ID: STEAM_xxx | IP: xx.xx.xx.xx) is suspected of reusing old movement commands. CmdNum: 1 PrevCmdNum: 35769 | [278289:278290:278820]
L 04/18/2016 - 05:437: [smac_eyetest.smx | 0.8.6.0] Radaad (ID: STEAM_xx | IP: xx.xx.xx.xx) is suspected of reusing old movement commands. CmdNum: 1 PrevCmdNum: 5760 | [7023:7024:7031]

Thanks

Last edited by Krhyme; 04-22-2016 at 17:50.