Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

!knife on CS:GO

Post New Thread Reply   

ninncore
Old 05-29-2016 , 05:08   !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,
I've seen that there are still many servers up there with the !knife plugin. My question would be how comes valve don't ban them? They have !knife in the name and even in the tags. As far I know it's not allowed to have something like this or I am wrong?
I've also seen plugins like skinchooser for weapons where only the skins from players on the server are shown up, is this allowed? Even reporting such servers with the knife plugin it seems like valve don't care but at the end i'm still scared to lose account token function because of this.
Plugins like "SM FPVMI - Custom Weapons Menu" "Knife choice CORE" "Weapon Skin" (2.3.2PRE PRIVATE)" are in use and the servers are running up happy with players.
Before we also offered to have a knife plugin on the server but removed it after valve decided to block it.
From my point of view it just seems so unfair and my anger is slighty raised to valve. Why are they using this and valve don't take actions? Are the plugins allowed again? (as far i know still not)
What do you think about this and could someone clear me up please.
If you have any question just ask me and I would love to hear your own opinions on it.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2016 , 10:24   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #2

You take down 1 server, 2 more take its place.
Squallkins
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2016 , 20:45   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #3

You are assuming nothing is being done because the servers are still up. I have seen token services being advertised on this forum which allows server owners to easily get their server running again on the same IP if their tokens are banned.
ninncore
Old 05-30-2016 , 00:24   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #4

Well if one server closes and 2 others spawn isn't that the opposite what valve want's to be?
I don't assume that nothing is done but it feels like it's nothing, there are tons of such servers. I'm aware that tokens are already being sold. But when valve can't control it why even bother then? Also because of GLST valve now opened a new market for this. It's lucrative to buy csgo cheap off, creating hundred of tokens and sell them as long the account isn't banned, that's just again plain bullshit and the opposite. I'm spectating one server for quite a long time 5 months now, they still run the same plugins, have the same playerbase and I never saw them banned for some time maybe I missed it at night times who knows. It still bothers me the Anti-Modding community, It feels like we don't host servers more for fun, no. It is more that we host server because valve "allow" us to host them. As always I'm open for new knowledge and opinions about this topic if you have some rant or disagree with my opinion, hell just type it out and let me know.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-30-2016 , 00:34   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninncore View Post
Well if one server closes and 2 others spawn isn't that the opposite what valve want's to be?
I don't assume that nothing is done but it feels like it's nothing, there are tons of such servers. I'm aware that tokens are already being sold. But when valve can't control it why even bother then? Also because of GLST valve now opened a new market for this. It's lucrative to buy csgo cheap off, creating hundred of tokens and sell them as long the account isn't banned, that's just again plain bullshit and the opposite. I'm spectating one server for quite a long time 5 months now, they still run the same plugins, have the same playerbase and I never saw them banned for some time maybe I missed it at night times who knows. It still bothers me the Anti-Modding community, It feels like we don't host servers more for fun, no. It is more that we host server because valve "allow" us to host them. As always I'm open for new knowledge and opinions about this topic if you have some rant or disagree with my opinion, hell just type it out and let me know.
Something probably does happen, and most likely, just switching out tokens all the time...

Since you know some servers, ...

^ Could the last option eventually help you?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
ninncore
Old 05-30-2016 , 00:43   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #6

Spoiler

Ive already reported and used this function in the past on this server and many others.
Sadly I was just inspecting this server, probably a good idea to have a tracking list of servers with ip, name, version etc... .
How will valve address this problem with GLST switching? It's easy, it's cheap and the saddest problem it's worth and valve is helpless.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2016 , 02:27   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #7

Valve didnt think it through.

Its a strong market selling tokens.

I run such a site and even use their api to automate the entire process.
Old 05-31-2016 , 02:48   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Valve didnt think it through.

Its a strong market selling tokens.

I run such a site and even use their api to automate the entire process.
That's the thing. Valve implemented it without thinking much. They just thought it would be a good idea to screw modders and server hosters. There is no chance that valve will take control over it. I can't imagine how to prevent selling tokens and that's not my work. But the thing that it's possible just shows how valve operate.

Last edited by ninncore; 05-31-2016 at 02:49.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2016 , 04:54   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #9

I have a good story.

I was one whom complied with valves request at first. I lost my entire player base.

I wrote them an email stating they need to enforce their request. After the first ban wave (ip based). I loled hard.

I wrote another email outlining how we can byparse and exploit players to have any paintkits they want. It was highly detailed and I explained the exploit can be blocked server side. Including player clients checking and enforcing the legitimate use of the fallback props.

Valve had a light bulb moment and thought.

Let's not block / validate the exploit. Let's make game clients report offending servers and force server ops to buy more copies of csgo to make more profit.

Approx a month after my second email valve announced gslt for the first time.

I thought. F u valve and started a journey against their policies for profit.

Here i am now, sticking my finger up making small profits.

It's all $$$$ to valve.
Old 05-31-2016 , 05:14   Re: !knife on CS:GO
Reply With Quote #10

Your story is just the exact way as i imagine valve.
Working hard to build up the playerbase, giving them funny mods to choose knives or skins while playing custom mods or even normal maps.
It's a nice feature to cheer people up and give them something new.
Maybe in the future aka soon™ valve will fix this exploit and include a check.
To that day there will be already a new CS out there and already a bypass to that fix.
That exact one thing about how valve decied to enforce GSLT instead of allowing and bringing up more skins to buy for us like always, it's just i don't get it.
Sure it's all about $$$$ for valve but they are already so much greedy how more can they be?
It's always ironical how cracked servers have more freedom than the normal customers have BUYING that game and skins.

Last edited by ninncore; 05-31-2016 at 05:15.