Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2 Vote Usermessages

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-05-2011 , 13:31   Re: TF2 Vote Usermessages
Reply With Quote #81

Since I didn't say it before, the first version of this extension is going to be tested exclusively against TF2. This is so I can roll out TF MapChooser as soon as TF2 support is working.

I'm currently working on some issues and deciding which parts of the code I need to toss because they aren't relevant.

I'm not sure if the way I'm hooking the vote command is the best... Since the TF2 vote screen disappears once you cast a vote, I really need to write some new code somewhere to prevent you from voting again until it's redisplayed (for that matter, I need to write code that listens for the revote command, but doesn't block it if SourceMod is in use).

The way I'm doing this now, you don't have enough control to make a full fledged menu system. I looked at that a while back, in case I could write a new menu module for the SourceMod menu system.

It may still be possible, though. Someone brighter than me (that works on the SourceMod core?) would need to find the VGUI commands to display the TF2 vote screen and code it that way. It'd be great if it can be done as menu type (type 3?). This would enable things that are not currently possible by faking the vote controller, such as changing the translation sent to each user (vote options are sent as an event, so are not changable).

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-05-2011 at 13:39.