Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Problem with running cs 1.6

Post New Thread Reply   

KateUhlerredalfias
Old 11-24-2022 , 01:37   Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #1

Today I was trying to launch non-steam cs 1.6 on arch linux with wine, but when I tried to launch it, the game started, I could hear the beautiful clicking sound when dragging my cursor around the buttons, but nothing was rendered. After a while the game crashed, and I encountered such error: X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

Does anyone know how to fix it?
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 11-24-2022 , 06:44   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #2

Non-steam = no support.

mattbrowntgp
Old 10-09-2023 , 22:59   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #3

While trying to run non-Steam CS 1.6 on Arch Linux via Wine, I encountered a 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)' error, which relates to X11 issues. To fix it, ensure your Wine settings are correct, update graphics drivers, use an older Windows compatibility mode, consider a virtual desktop, and explore different window managers. Checking CS 1.6 files, using Steam, and consulting WineHQ can also help
thEsp
BANNED
Old 10-12-2023 , 03:28   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Non-steam = no support.
What would this community do without your support...
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 10-12-2023 , 05:56   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
What would this community do without your support...
What would this community do without your useless scripting help tips and plugin submissions..
But it doesn’t matter, i am just an idiot talking to a genius.
Old 10-12-2023 , 08:01   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #6

Just because you use an eye picture it doesn’t make you Arkshine. You are not even close.
You are just trolling around and disrespecting active users just because you don’t have a life.
Grow up mate. It is not your business what people do on their free time and you are definitely no one to judge mordekay’s contribution to this community. Specially when he is telling people that we do not support non-steam.
Old 10-12-2023 , 08:01   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
Back to dicksucking eh? Like the old times.
Jhob helped a lot, and he knows what he do
Actually he got the best CS:CZ Community and he was known for smiling, helps people

Instead of trashtalking get a life and maybe you will grow up
Actually, you're nobody, so it would be better if you stopped talking, thanks!

Last edited by Ace67; 10-12-2023 at 08:06.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 10-12-2023 , 09:58   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Just because you use an eye picture it doesn’t make you Arkshine
Proving my point every time lmao... You're so preoccupied with this old ass community that whenever you see a random picture on the internet your brain immediately associates it with a member of this forum. This is sad just as it's funny.

Quote:
It is not your business what people do on their free time and you are definitely no one to judge mordekay’s contribution to this community.
Hahaha you're delusional as hell. In Germany you can't play video games as an adult man unless you have a pension for being physically disabled. Source: I lived there for 2 years.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 10-12-2023 , 14:05   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #9

First i doubt that it is illegal to play videos on Germany. Afaik they banned adult games (s*x content), they didn’t banned adults from playing video games. If they did banned, well, i couldn’t care less. No one does.

Second, I don’t play cs. Writing plugins doesn’t require you to play it. And even if i did, i can play whatever i want. It’s up to me and again, you are not anyone to judge me or any other person at this community.

Third, go get a life. Find some friends to hang out with. Seriously, you need it.
Old 10-14-2023 , 19:01   Re: Problem with running cs 1.6
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateUhlerredalfias View Post
Today I was trying to launch non-steam cs 1.6 on arch linux with wine, but when I tried to launch it, the game started, I could hear the beautiful clicking sound when dragging my cursor around the buttons, but nothing was rendered. After a while the game crashed, and I encountered such error: X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

Does anyone know how to fix it?
Just use Windows. Linux is a good OS (Operating System) but is more harder to use if you don't understand how to use each commands and codes. Compatibility is more harder at that system, because big companies like Valve or Riot doesn't take attention to Linux community, because there isn't enough people that uses it. Cheers.