Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D][REQ] Spawn Props to block / improve Verses Teamplay

Post New Thread Reply   

Devastatin
Old 08-27-2009 , 13:35   [L4D][REQ] Spawn Props to block / improve Verses Teamplay
Reply With Quote #1

What I saw on a server, was a mod that spawned items to block common places that survivors would use to ensure the infected didn't have a good chance in attacking them.

For instance the bridge with the caboose at the end would have Rail cars between the two so you would have to weave between the two to reach the end. Giving the infected one more chance at winning.

Or the pip on the first panic even in dead air, would be full of sandbags and the bottom tier would have items within it to ensure you didn't exploit it either.

Anyone have anything like that or know of where I can download it for my server?
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2009 , 13:39   Re: [L4D][REQ] Spawn Props to block / improve Verses Teamplay
Reply With Quote #2

This is Stripper source pro mod.

You will find link somewhere inside Stripper's topic (that was on 3x page i think). Install stripper first then download pro mod for it (dont remember exact name, but there are definetely "pro" in the name).

Stripper is metamod plugin, so browse "metamod plugins" section.
Old 08-27-2009 , 17:03   Re: [L4D][REQ] Spawn Props to block / improve Verses Teamplay
Reply With Quote #3

Itīs this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=907695
Unfortunately at the current stage of development Stripper 1.2 increases map loading times up to 2 minutes despite the presence of only 10 new props on the map. I tested this several times and do not use stripper anymore. Also the source engine crashed 2-3 times within a day. Others say it runs fine and they donīt care about the long loading times. Install it and see

u can also try the furniture restore script or leftfortdead builder. just google for them, they are somewhere here in the AM forum.

cheers.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2009 , 19:46   Re: [L4D][REQ] Spawn Props to block / improve Verses Teamplay
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
Itīs this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=907695
Unfortunately at the current stage of development Stripper 1.2 increases map loading times up to 2 minutes despite the presence of only 10 new props on the map. I tested this several times and do not use stripper anymore. Also the source engine crashed 2-3 times within a day. Others say it runs fine and they donīt care about the long loading times. Install it and see

u can also try the furniture restore script or leftfortdead builder. just google for them, they are somewhere here in the AM forum.

cheers.
Not necessary 2 mins. I have 15-20 seconds increase in map loading max, but thats not dedicated one. That pro mod is easiest way to fix map exploits and camping spots.
Old 08-28-2009 , 03:01   Re: [L4D][REQ] Spawn Props to block / improve Verses Teamplay
Reply With Quote #5

I have 1 local dedicated for testing purpose and 2 public dedicated.
so it has to be performing well on those 3, any other configuration is not helping me 20 seconds would be acceptable, but not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Not necessary 2 mins. I have 15-20 seconds increase in map loading max, but thats not dedicated one. That pro mod is easiest way to fix map exploits and camping spots.
Devastatin
Old 08-28-2009 , 09:51   Re: [L4D][REQ] Spawn Props to block / improve Verses Teamplay
Reply With Quote #6

Exactly what i wanted! Thanks, now i have to implement it and see how it works out for the collection of mods I have on my server.