Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown

Post New Thread Reply   

Crazygamer34894
Old 04-17-2015 , 15:43   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Here is the working Linux version of Left 4 Downtown 2 extension. I compiled both player slot patch version and the basic version under ubuntu. You can find up to date gamedata file inside the archive.

NOTE: You do not need to use L4DToolz with the player slot patch version. If you intend to use L4DToolz, then use the basic version.

Code:
Date:  16 April, 2015
Distribution:  Ubuntu 14
Hey Spirit, would you Recommend i use your PlayerSlots Build even though its built for Linux? ive deleted L4Dtoolz L4d2 Unreserve lobby and now i wonder if i can use your build with windows.

The Scripting include folder with my Windows L4d2 SourceMod 1.7.0
Old 04-17-2015 , 16:19   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #762

in PlayerSlots Build bug, in servers Steam Group does not show that more than 8 slots, ignores sv_visiblemaxplayers
Send a message via Skype™ to Electr000999
Crazygamer34894
Old 04-17-2015 , 20:22   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electr000999 View Post
in PlayerSlots Build bug, in servers Steam Group does not show that more than 8 slots, ignores sv_visiblemaxplayers
even i tried to use Player Slots without Unreserve Lobby & L4Dtoolz and only Shows 4 Max players.

Should i be using MultiSlots with "Left4Downtown 2 0.5.4.2" ????
Old 04-18-2015 , 07:15   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #764

Put this in server.cfg

Code:
sm_cvar sv_maxplayers 				12
sm_cvar l4d_maxplayers 				-1
sm_cvar sv_removehumanlimit	 		1
sm_cvar sv_unlock_sb_add 				1
sm_cvar sv_visiblemaxplayers 			12
sm_cvar sv_force_unreserved 			1
Send a message via Skype™ to Electr000999
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2015 , 09:26   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #765

[SM] Unable to find cvar: l4d_maxplayers
[SM] Unable to find cvar: sv_removehumanlimit
[SM] Unable to find cvar: sv_unlock_sb_add
[SM] Changed cvar "sv_visiblemaxplayers" to "16".
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2015 , 15:36   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygamer34894 View Post
Hey Spirit, would you Recommend i use your PlayerSlots Build even though its built for Linux? ive deleted L4Dtoolz L4d2 Unreserve lobby and now i wonder if i can use your build with windows.

The Scripting include folder with my Windows L4d2 SourceMod 1.7.0
If Linux binary worked on Windows then why would I specifically mention the Linux part? Windows uses .dll files and Linux uses .so

In short, No! You can't use my version on Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
[SM] Unable to find cvar: l4d_maxplayers
[SM] Unable to find cvar: sv_removehumanlimit
[SM] Unable to find cvar: sv_unlock_sb_add
[SM] Changed cvar "sv_visiblemaxplayers" to "16".
Can you provide more info on what plugin are you using to add more players? Remember Left 4 Downtown 2 will only unlock more slots. You will still need a plugin to add more bots to the server for player's to take over. I personally use l4dsuperversus.

Just use the Player slot build and add this cvar to one of your configs. The only reason why you are unable to find the cvar is, if you are using the non-player slot build.

Code:
sm_cvar l4d_maxplayers 10
You need to replace 10 with your desired slot count. The max value for this is still 18, so you can't go over that.

I'm using the player slot build on my server every day and it works just as intended. Check my signature, for the IP.

Last edited by Spirit_12; 04-18-2015 at 15:47.
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2015 , 17:01   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #767

Quote:
Can you provide more info on what plugin are you using to add more players? Remember Left 4 Downtown 2 will only unlock more slots. You will still need a plugin to add more bots to the server for player's to take over. I personally use l4dsuperversus.

Just use the Player slot build and add this cvar to one of your configs. The only reason why you are unable to find the cvar is, if you are using the non-player slot build.

Code:
sm_cvar l4d_maxplayers 10
You need to replace 10 with your desired slot count. The max value for this is still 18, so you can't go over that.

I'm using the player slot build on my server every day and it works just as intended. Check my signature, for the IP.
Spirit_12, thanks for the response. I'm indeed using l4dtoolz for the extra slots but had downtown installed anyway for use with another plugin separately. I'm also using your Superversus version posted here which works well.

To test, I swapped out l4dtoolz for the player slots version of Downtown and now when I start my server it shuts down immediately.

Update: Latest Gamedata config solved the shutdown issue but not getting the extra slots though.

Last edited by jking; 04-18-2015 at 17:40.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2015 , 22:01   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #768

Quote:
Spirit_12, thanks for the response. I'm indeed using l4dtoolz for the extra slots but had downtown installed anyway for use with another plugin separately. I'm also using your Superversus version posted here which works well.

To test, I swapped out l4dtoolz for the player slots version of Downtown and now when I start my server it shuts down immediately.

Update: Latest Gamedata config solved the shutdown issue but not getting the extra slots though.
Marcus posted an updated version of l4dsuperversus. You should use that one, instead of the one that I posted.

Can you please give more details on what distro you are using? I'm using the exact same file and it works fine for me.

The Gamedata file that I provided is the most up to date version that I found. The link that you posted hasn't been updated since 2012, so I don't expect it to work. Try to disable your plugins for a moment to see if playerslot works on stock setup or not.
Old 04-19-2015 , 20:54   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #769

Quote:
Marcus posted an updated version of l4dsuperversus. You should use that one, instead of the one that I posted.

Can you please give more details on what distro you are using? I'm using the exact same file and it works fine for me.

The Gamedata file that I provided is the most up to date version that I found. The link that you posted hasn't been updated since 2012, so I don't expect it to work. Try to disable your plugins for a moment to see if playerslot works on stock setup or not.
Spirit_12, I should've been more clear but I'm actually on windows my apologies but as far as Marcus's updated version is concerned is it this one here? If so, that's seemingly been there for some time as far as I recall, I could be wrong though.

Last edited by jking; 04-19-2015 at 20:55.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2015 , 04:41   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #770

Quote:
Spirit_12, I should've been more clear but I'm actually on windows my apologies but as far as Marcus's updated version is concerned is it this one here? If so, that's seemingly been there for some time as far as I recall, I could be wrong though.
Quote:
If Linux binary worked on Windows then why would I specifically mention the Linux part? Windows uses .dll files and Linux uses .so

In short, No! You can't use my version on Windows.