Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FastDL/redirect problems

Post New Thread Reply   

RoboCop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2015 , 15:21   FastDL/redirect problems
Reply With Quote #1

Hello I don't know if you know the backstage of web hosting or have knowledge on Apache.

The problem is my FastDL redirect from "/www/fastdl/". The Counter Strike 1.6 files from "/www/fastdl/cstrike" are compressed as bz2 files to conserve storage and time for my players to download it, but it appears the site in this domain fails to decompress the maps as bsp files as it appears to download the maps into my PC as bsp but with the same storage size as the bs2 files.

The error from the developer console gave me "Map has incorrect BSP version" and "Could not connect to server". I had to delete that map from my "/common/Half-Life/cstrike/maps" as it was corrupt from being downloaded from my FastDL. I checked to see if the bz2 map is properly compressed via using my bzip2.exe from my Windows and compared it to the map being bz2 zipped from my Linux server Remote Desktop. But it appears to work the same. I did check my server.cfg is properly typed, but it seems to be fine - sv_downloadurl "http://xxx.com/fastdl/cstrike/" sv_allowdownload 1 and sv_allowupload 1 are properly typed. The other files like from /sprites and /sounds/misc works absolutely fine except for .bsp maps for some odd reason. It like the large files near >1MB are not decompressed properly or if my web host needs seeing...

I don't know why this is occurring whether the Apache or if it needs a .htaccess or public_html to resolve those issues.

Do you have any advice or any knowledge on how I can solve this problem please?
Send a message via Skype™ to RoboCop
JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2015 , 15:24   Re: FastDL/redirect problems
Reply With Quote #2

afaik goldsrc doesn't support bzip so you should upload the files with out compressing them.