Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Bugs in AMXx 0.16

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

XAD
Old 04-21-2004 , 05:07  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfx[HP
]There is a bug in function CPlayer::saveHit(): out of boundary whean aiming = 8. This happens, when victim wires "Tactical Shield", and attacker throws HE and damages victim. See attachment.
More comments here:
http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=32494
Wfx, this is what I call a good test report... great work...

As you suggested in the post the shield is "your" body part 8. The reason why this is not a problem for some other mods are probably that OLO coded csstats_mm/amx sort of strange as HE and other "delayed" weapons should never use the aiming logic (ex. StatsMe is always using body part 0 for HE). The reason is that the hit logic is using the weapon owner current players info, and it doesn't make sense to check on which body part he/she aimed when the HE hits the victims. Also it doesn't make any sense at all to check what body part you aim at when throwing a HE as it doesn't have a stright "hit line".
(People should understand that the "hit body part" statistics is aiming statistics, ie based on what you aim at when you pulled the trigger, and not what you hit. You could therefore get two errors: both time, as everone moves, and the bullet spreading, as the server add some incorrectness. The HS death is correct as this info is sent in the death message so you could kill with a HS but still not get the HS registered.)

BTW, there are a lot of these type of game changes that will cause "strange" crashes as there are almost no boundary or parameter validation in the original code.

/X
StreetProphet
Old 04-23-2004 , 19:23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PASARAN
My server randomnly crash witth AMXX 0.16 and MMX3 when players use shields. Not always, but often.

I think its error in csstats module, because same symptomes I saw before AMX 0.9.8 was released.
Our dedicated servers as well as 4 others I know of (a mix of linux & win32) have not been able to use shields and AMX, it has been this way since we went to CS 1.6. The servers will randomly crash when the shielder dies, not every time they die but to often to allow shields to be used.

I was told by one admin that is was directly related to AMX because he went back to adminmod and can now run his server with shields and no random crashes. I posted this at AMX a while back but there was no reply to the post.

We are watching AMXX closely in hopes that it will fix this bug, I do not want to go back to adminmod.

My win2k server does the same, disabling AMXX fully fixs the crash, or putting in:
amx_restrict on shield
amx_restrict save

Nothing showing up in any of my logs to show what exactly is causing it sadly =/
Send a message via ICQ to StreetProphet Send a message via AIM to StreetProphet Send a message via MSN to StreetProphet Send a message via Yahoo to StreetProphet
Mafia
Old 04-27-2004 , 00:52   Re: Bugs in AMXx 0.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
Post all bugs related to AMX Mod X 0.16 here.
when i put /top15 it only shows 10 if i put /top10 it shows 10 (same)
65.75.158.30:27015 Russian Spetniaz / smith`S Bhop pub 1.6

-but BHOP dont want to work
need help
Send a message via AIM to Mafia Send a message via MSN to Mafia
nubh4t
Old 04-27-2004 , 16:34   Auto Buy and RE-buy

I can't get auto-buy and the re-buy options to work.
I don't know if it is a bug or im just a moron
Send a message via AIM to nubh4t
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2004 , 16:45   Re: Auto Buy and RE-buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubh4t
I can't get auto-buy and the re-buy options to work.
I don't know if it is a bug or im just a moron
remove the restmenu.amx from the plugins.ini

or if you know how to use the CVS downloaded the updated restmenu.sma from the AMXX CVS and compile the newest version yourself, that will fix your problem.

Moon!
Old 04-28-2004 , 05:22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetProphet
My win2k server does the same, disabling AMXX fully fixs the crash, or putting in:
amx_restrict on shield
amx_restrict save

Nothing showing up in any of my logs to show what exactly is causing it sadly =/
Sorry to hear that, I was hoping that AMXX would be able to track this down and come up with fix. It has to be a bug in the original AMX code, I know other admins that changed to another admin-ing mod and the shield crashes stopped. We have had to keep shields restrict the whole time and many want to use them. Oh well thanks for the input.
StreetProphet
Old 04-29-2004 , 03:13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetProphet
amx_restrict on shield
amx_restrict save

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping that AMXX would be able to track this down and come up with fix. It has to be a bug in the original AMX code, I know other admins that changed to another admin-ing mod and the shield crashes stopped. We have had to keep shields restrict the whole time and many want to use them. Oh well thanks for the input.
Reading through this thread, it sounds like it has been pretty much tracked, and hopefully will be fixed soon
Send a message via ICQ to StreetProphet Send a message via AIM to StreetProphet Send a message via MSN to StreetProphet Send a message via Yahoo to StreetProphet
Moon!
Old 04-29-2004 , 04:34  

wow talk about tunnel vision
I saw you quote me and replied from there, just looking at up I would have seen XAD's info

Keep up the good work guys, can't wait for your next release
CroniK
Old 05-11-2004 , 03:13  

It seem that when u try to make a vote using amx_vote, it only work if u have amx_map acces too cause it is calling at amx_map command.
Can someone of our devloppers test this debugged version of menufront.sma and mapsmenu.sma and tell us if the changes may cause other problem, : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=1857

[FR] CroniK CS1.6 Server: 217.167.120.122:27015

Hosted by myself
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2004 , 16:03  

Well, someone in their server (Moon! specifically [2 posts up]), stated to me an output problem (at least for his server) for when a player reaches the bomb target with bomb or starts planting, the output of those plugins according to him SHOULD only show to the team in which it's meant to be showed so "Player X reached the target" and "Player X is planting the bomb" should be displayed to the terrorists only and "Player Y is defusing the bomb" or "Player Y has grabbed a hostage" should only be shown to the counter-terrorists.

It's not really a major problem that causes crashes or anything, but it's just something that he (and a few other people including myself) think should be changed because it's unfair to display things like that to everybody because then people know where you are, and if that happens it just isn't CS anymore.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Closed Thread